Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Finally some pics of surprise gift from Jaybird

luvstocraft
12 years ago

Awhile back on another post I had mentioned that I'd gotten a surprise package from our Miss Jaybird and that she couldn't get onto GardenWeb from her computer for some reason.

I'd meant to get a picture taken to share long before now--but my tea pot needed to be shined up so it would match the lovely sugar and creamer Jaybird had sent me.

I was out of the paste I usually use. Kept forgetting to pick some up so finally in desparation, I grabbed the tube of toothpaste and a soft cloth and it did a fantastic job!

Now I have a "set" thanks to Jaybird's thoughtfullness. Thank you so much for remembering that I had found the pot and needed a sugar and creamer, Jaybird. You are a sweetheart!

The little pink bird was a gift from Karen, the birdsnest basket from a little gift shop, the tea pot, tray, and cup/saucer are all ts finds.

{{gwi:1423424}}

{{gwi:1423425}}

The tray was one I'd found really cheap at a ts several years ago, and had planned to spray paint it and paint roses on it. It's really pretty, so I decided to not spray paint it, but I do need to find a way to remove the rusty places on it or to make the inside part pretty some other way. Maybe an oblong doily instead of my small round one to just cover it better.

Luvs

Comments (9)

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Luvs, that is a lovely set. You also have lovely friends. Thank you for sharing.
    Marylee

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Luvs...how sweet of Jay...those pieces go perfectly with
    your teapot...and the little 'pink birdie' from Karen,
    looks right at home besides your pretty pink floral tea cup!
    I'm glad you didn't paint the tray it's really nice and a good fit for your set.
    Glad you got to share your suprises with us.

jane

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Very pretty, luvs!
    Everything looks great on that tray!
    Some special 'Holiday-ers' here on this forum ... & happy that you could share some pics of your treasures. That birdie is sweet, too! Jeanne S.

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Looks like you are all ready for tea! What are you serving? Any crumpets on the menu? LOL

It is a really pretty set and sure was sweet of JB to send the completer pieces, and the pink bird from Karen is darling. Fabulous vignette.

TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Luvs, your vignette turned out wonderful. Nice that J was listening and sent you the creamer & sugar for your set. Karen's pink bird she sent you goes well with this vignette you displayed.

How did you come up with the idea to use toothpaste? Love it! I bought some silver polishing clothes at Bed Bath & Beyond and love using them instead of the paste. I tend to keep things polished when all I have to do is grab a cloth and wipe.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Well, I posted earlier but it 'disappeared' somehow...
    anyway, I had said what a lovely vignette you did with the tea set. JB did good sending you the sugar and creamer.
    I didn't know toothpaste cleaned silver!

Would it be possible to hide those rust spots with some silver metallic craft paint? Or the silver leaf stuff?
    I'm sure glad you decided not to paint this tray, it was meant for your tea set.

I'd forgotten about the pink bird, LOL, that was about 2 yrs ago wasn't it?
    hugs, Karen

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

A lovely vignette using lovely gifts from your wonderful friends here!

Kath

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

They are so pretty, Luvs! I hope it brightened your day!

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes, Kathleen, they really did brighten my day! Funny how an unexpected box showing up from a friend does that! ;o)

I sure hope Jaybird can get her Internet provider to fix whatever problem is keeping her from getting on here, I miss her.

I'll have to look for those polishing cloths. Sounds like a good idea! I don't know what made me think to try the toothpaste--probably something I'd read one time or another. I don't know if my teapot is silver or just silverplate but the toothpaste sure made it shine again so I was able to get the picture taken.

Thanks again for your thoughtfulness Jaybird.

Luvs

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21
More Discussions