Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Lucky find!

luvstocraft
12 years ago

Last Tuesday, a neighbor up the street called to see if I'd go to lunch with her. We headed to a local 50's/60's diner that is close to a small AL thrift store.

She's looking for items to help her sister do a Spring table for a church project. I just look hoping for a bargain "treasure" I just have to have! LOL

As soon as we walked in, I spotted this big guy on top of one of the clothing rounds.

{{gwi:1423275}}

Checked him out and at only $5.99, knew he was perfect for a birthday gift for my neighbor who collects them! Now I just have to hide him and keep my big mouth shut until her birthday in October! LOL

Luvs

Comments (13)

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

OMGosh!!! $5.99!!! Now that's what I call real bargain! You are one lucky duck....I have to say I'm jealous! TFS~

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

What a great rooster...I'd never be able to give him away, friend or not. LOL.

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Frou. he is a mighty fine looking rooster!! I can hear him crowing from here!
    Your friend will be thrilled.
    NanaK

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    12 years ago

He is pretty big, and the tail is moveable--has a heavy ball attached inside so when you push on the tail it swings up and down.

Marlene, very clever with the use of other "poultry" terms! LOL But yes, I did feel very lucky to find him before someone else snapped him up.

Karen, I like him too, but don't really have a good place for him--and it's hard to find things my friend will like. She's a collector of so many things, so when I find something I know she would like, I have to grab it.

Nana, I'm not Frou, but I'm glad you liked this big guy. He's just rusty enough to make him fun for the yard.

Luvs

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Luvs...I agree with Karen, I would have a hard time
    giving him up...but since you bought him with your friend in mind and she collects them..she's going to be thrilled!
    He's wonderful and what a great price you paid for him too.

jane

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

What a great find, I am sure she will love it, and it won't wake her up at daybreak! :)

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

You lucky girl. That is adorable and I'm not even a chicken person. Your friend is really the lucky one, to have you as her friend and personal shopper.
    Frou

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Sorry Luvs
    NanaK

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Luvs,
    Now that is what I call treasure shopping!
    Your friend sure is going to love him. He is perfect for a yard decoration and the moving tail just adds to his character. You sure got a bargain worth "crowing" about.
    That is, unless you "chicken" out and keep him for yourself, LOL.
    I sure would be egg-cited if I had found a great find like that. (I know roosters don't lay eggs, but it was a chicken association.HA HA.)

TFS,
    Candy

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Now that's something to crow about! Sorry, luvs, I just HAD to say that! Lucky friend...looks like a perfect b'day gift! I think I would have had to hide that behind the barn...oh, I don't have a barn...guess it will go to your friend! Seriously, luvs...glad you could get out & do a little prosperous shopping! TFS! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Luvs, wonderful find! I would have a hard time letting this big guy go too. Your friend will love it. Fun reading all the comments that comes to mind when one reads about a Rooster.

I just realized I haven't bought DH's mother anything for Mothers Day. Guess I better plan on doing some shopping after work Sat. night or early Sun. Geezzzz, time sure got away from me this year.

Punk

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Luvs, That is one fine rooster. Your friend will love it.
    Marylee

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Marylee, he is pretty neat, huh? I know I got her a big one last year too, but can't quite remember what he looked like--but I know she loved it!

Punk, I just had to look to see when Mother's Day is! I usually get a little something for my DIL since she's the mother of my special little joy of a granddaughter--so I need to go shopping too!

Jeanne and Candy, you two are so funny with all your "poultry puns". Love it! LOL

Nana, no problem, I do that sometimes too.

Jane and Kathleen, I can hardly wait to give him to her. She is such a good neighbor, so kind to my DH and always keeps candy on hand for when he comes over--she's deserves a really neat surprise! And yes, I'm glad he's the "silent type" and won't wake her! LOL

Frou, what a sweet thing to say. I sure know I am truly blessed with such good neighbors, they have all given such great support to DH and me these last several months while we've dealt with adjusting to DH's diagnosis.

I have the rooster hidden away in my shed behind a panel of wood--let's just hope I remember that in October! LOL

Luvs

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022
More Discussions