Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jaybird

Just saying hello

jaybird
12 years ago

I am at the hospital waiting room, and the computer here recognizes Gardenweb!!!! I am so excited to be able to visit for a few minutes.

Hope all are doing well....

Things are good in Texas, the weather has been toooo dry and toooo hot, but that's Texas, right???

I did the big ladies party at my church and will attach the link to the flickr page of pictures. We had a good time...the theme was "Country Girls' Afternoon". My favorite of the 8 tables was the one with the antique/vintage toys.

Otherwise, we have just been doing family things. I dragged out my Mom's Haviland tableware, and we have been using it this summer. The red transferware looked a bit hot on the first 100 degree day:^( The Haviland is white with pink roses, and just looks like summer.

Y'all have a great summer, and know that I am thinking about all of you....even when I can't "visit".

Big hugs to each and every one of you,

J

Here is a link that might be useful: I hope this link works!

Comments (8)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

OMgosh, jaybird! What a party "hoe-down!" Wow, you really pulled out alot of 'country' decor! Love the 'feed sacks!' ...but your centerpc are quite awesome! Everything just looks so 'vintage' & fun! What alot of work...I wish I could have been at the party! I could identify w/lots of your decor! But I have never seen that little 'wringer washer' pc before...love the bandana colors, boot colors & just downright country decor!

Good to hear from you...hope you can get online back at home soon...another benefit of hospitals, uh? Take good care ... enjoy the summer & your Mom's dishes! Jeanne S.

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

So glad you found a few minutes to stop in. You have been missed.
    Your hoedown looks like it was a lot of fun and some really interesting CP's and decor. What is that little red wringer/washer looking item? Is it a toy or a kitchen item?
    My church does a ladies luncheon in Nov. called Home for the Holidays and the tables are fall or Thanksgiving or Christmas. It is always a huge hit.

It is so much fun to see everyone's different ideas and creations. I like the sunflowers in the mason jars, the pink bandannas with the pink boots, the John Deere theme, I guess I like it all, LOL.

TFS and come back soon,
    Candy

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

Y'all look like your having the best time ever. You really know how to put on the feed sack for the multitudes. All those different tablecloths are super cute and I love the fifties looking tin wear. You are a very busy lady, I struggle to turn out one tablescape every once in a while and you do them by the roomfuls.
    Frou

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

J, thanks for sharing your "Country Girls' Afternoon" lucheon pictures with us. Looks like a fun place to be. Your DM's Haviland tableware sounds pretty and I would love to see pictures of it.

Sorry you are spending time at the hospital but glad you could jump on here to let us know what you've been up to. Our weather is just opposite of yours. Very wet and cold most days.

Punk

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Jay!!! so good to see you here even if it's just for a quick 'pit stop' ! You've certainly been missed, but I see you've been quite busy. That 'HoeDown' looked like lots of fun. Such great ideas on all the tables. Love all the vintage fabrics - Boot CPs and the Mason Jars with the Sunflowers..If that little 'wringer washer' is an old toy... boy did it bring back memories I had one just like it when I was little....Wish I still had it.
    .Like Jeanne, wish I were there too...looked like lots of fun.
    You should be proud of all your hard work...you did a Dang Good Job!
    Hope to see you again soon.

jane

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

What a neat surprise to see your post, sure glad you thought of us when you were finally able to get online, Jaybird.

You do such a great job on all these events, no wonder these ladies always "draft" you to do them! Love the John Deere tractor and all the boots with flowers in them. Everything looked so fun.

Luvs

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

WOW!! So many great ideas and SOOO much eye candy! Looks like a wonderful day for all of the ladies! Thanks for letting us see all of the great decorations, etc.

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

Hi Jay,
    Good to hear from you! I haven't been posting much.

Very sad news for my little family and then a dear friend and neighbor died suddenly. 7 kids and 15 gkids so lots of sleeping and food arrangements had to be made. A very busy and sad time.
    I wish I could send TX some of our rain, we are very soggy!

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler
More Discussions