Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
creekbum

My Mama's China

Creekbum
9 years ago

This is my Mama's China. Kent, Silver Pine!

As you all can see, I am no table setter! i just wanted you to see my Mama's China!

They were married on Sunday May the 11th, on Mother's Day! Yesterday would have been their 67th Anniversary!

I used the pink roses, b/c that is what they used to decorated the Church with for the Wedding! They had the first Church Wedding of the Community!

I used the China for our Lunch yesterday in honor of my Mama and Daddy!

Hope you all had a Wonderful Mother's Day!!

Creek

Comments (17)

• christmascandy
    9 years ago

What pretty china!
    So sweet and thoughtful of you to do this in honor of your parents. I'm sure it brings many happy memories.
    The green napkins are a lovely compliment to the table.

Thank you for sharing this lovely tribute to your parents.
    Candy

• jeannespines
    9 years ago

I love the china, creek! & the table is very, very pretty...a wonderful way to celebrate your parents' anniversary... TFSharing. Jeanne S.

• PRO
    Whitelacey
    9 years ago

Beautiful tribute to your parents!

Linda

• nana2010_gw
    9 years ago

Creek your parents china is so pretty. The green napkins are the perfect accent.
    What a sweet way to honor your parents.
    TFS
    Nana

• phonegirl
    9 years ago

Oh Creek, your parents china is Wonderful. Beautiful
    memories with this setting. Thanks for sharing their
    'Love Story' with us.

So sweet you added the pink roses just like they used.
    Thank you, thank you for sharing. We all LOVE pinecones.
    Now I'm off to work.haha

Punk

• Marlene Kindred
    9 years ago

Very pretty china you have! Makes a very pretty table. Love the pink roses too. Thanks for sharing your Mama's dishes with us.

• karenmo
    9 years ago

The china is beautiful, and I especially LOVE the crocheted tablecloth! Did you crochet it? A beautiful table.

• Creekbum
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone!

The tablecloth and the place mats are both hand crocheted, however, I did not crochet them.

The table cloth was bought from Craig's list from a girl whose Grandmother had made it and she did not want it.

The place mats also came from Craig's list from a different girl, who received them from her husband's side of the family from some one who made them. The marriage failed, and she sold the place mats. I got 8 for $10.

I Love Crochet! I guess b/c my Mama crocheted and now she is gone.

Thanks again, my Hubby has told everyone that he has talked to that we used my Mama's China. He loved them as much as me!

Love To You All,

Creek

• Brynn_ND
    9 years ago

Your mother's china is beautiful. This tablescape was a great way "to have them with you" and to honor them. Thank you for sharing it and their story with us.

• Creekbum
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Brynn,

I don't know if we have met! I don't remember seeing you here! But, it has been a while.

Glad to met you!

I love Sharing Stories about my Mama and Daddy, b/c they are all Happy and loving. I do miss them so much!

Creek

• Brynn_ND
    9 years ago

Thank you for the welcome. I "lurk" a lot, looking at all the pretty dishes and tablescapes. I haven't done any tablescapes yet, but I just bought my first house, so who knows.

• Creekbum
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Brynn,

I remember lurking for a long time before I actually joined! LOL

I guess this is my first table setting, and it was last minute. I would have put in on my dining table, but I could not put my hands on the things I needed at the last minute. So, it ended up on the kitchen table! LOL

I'm sure you will catch the bug! You can't come here and lurk for long with out being a part.

So, come on in and help yourself!

Creek

• Purplemoon
    9 years ago

Aike, I love your Mama's china! So pretty. And knowing how much your DH loved your folks, I'm sure this table meant a lot to him too. A lovely tribute to them, and a lot of memories for both of you too.

hugs, Karen

• Creekbum
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Karen,

It's good to see you here! How are you?

Yes, My Hubby, loved my Mama and Daddy as much as I do!

Everyone that he has talked to, he has told them about us using the China for Mother's Day! He seemed so proud to be honoring them and well as me. It made it Bitter Sweet, But we made it through the day!

Love To You!

Creek

• plainjane425
    9 years ago

Creek so sorry I'm late to comment..but
    have to say what a lovely table you set with your Mama's china.
    The pattern is so pretty and delicate looking. I love the green napkins and crocheted tablecloth that compliment it. What a nice gesture to honor
    your parents...I'm sure they were smiling from above. May
    It bring you many happy memories each time you use it.
    jane

• oldalgebra
    9 years ago

"I am no table setter! i just wanted you to see my Mama's China!"

Good for you. That has to be one of the BEST reasons to set a table.

I am a lover of crocheted items too. Noticed the tablecloth right away. I have scads of things from my Aunt. More that I can use, really.

I don't mean to hijack your post, but if you have old crocheted doilies, here is an idea I've used.
    Flowers are various sized doilies, leaves are made from a doily that's been cut apart. Stems are from double sided bias tape. Grass is tatting from around a pillowcase. All were made by my grandmother and aunt. I wish now that I hadn't dyed them, but can't cry about it now.

• Creekbum
    Original Author
    9 years ago

OA,

LOL, I DON'T CONSIDER YOU TO HIGH JACK ANYTHING!

SO, GLAD YOU SHARED THE IDEA WITH ME. (US)

I HAVE SO MUCH OF MY MAMA'S THAT IS REALLY NOT USABLE, OR SO I THOUGHT, THAT WOULD BE GREAT FOR THIS PROJECT. I CAN NOT THROW ANYTHING AWAY, ESPECIALLY, WHEN IT IS OLD AND FROM A FAMILY MEMBER. HUBBY SAYS I HAVE A PROBLEM. LOL
    I LIKE MY PROBLEM!

SORYY FOR THE ALL CAPS! I AM ON FB WITH A GROUP THAT ONE OF THE GALS HAS PROBLEMS SEEING, SO, WE ALL USE CAPS. I HAVE GOTTEN USED TO IT AND I CAN SEE THE WORDS BETTER AS WELL. I KNOW ON THE NET, IT IS CONSIDERED AS SHOUTING. OR IT USED TO BE, IF LIKE IN REAL LIFE, ANYTHING GOES, OF WHICK I DO NOT AGREE!

THANKS FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS!

LOVE TO YOU!

CREEK

Sponsored
More Discussions