Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Memorial Day Table

Posted by nana2010 (My Page) on
Sat, May 26, 12 at 8:10

I liked MM's Memorial Day Table table so much, it inspired me to do one.

From 2012-05-25 (by Eye-Fi)

The dark blue chargers are trays from Dollar Tree spray painted.

The red chargers and glassware are from a variety store in my little town. The flowers are from the grocery store.

TFLookin and have a wonderful Holiday.
Nana

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Memorial Day Table

Oh, now that is a patriotic table! What I really love on this table are your S&P shakers!...such a simple addition to the lovely vase of flowers centerpc! The t'cloth makes a good backgrd to showcase the placesettings! Happy Memorial Day, nana! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Nana, I'm lovin' your Memorial Day tablescape. What a sweet job of layering your dishes. So crisp with your all your red, wht and blue on this one.

I'm going to go get my red centennial s&p shakers out for my table after seeing yours. Hopefully I'll get some pictures taken this weekend and share. I don't have any blue but both sets of yours are neat and look great.

Punk

o

I have to agree with Jeanne & Punk..you did such a
nice job on this table. I like how the colorful layering
against the white Tablecloth makes everything 'pop'.
I eyed those S&Ps too...They look vintage...are they colbalt?
I like how you always add that special detail of fresh flowers for
your tables Nana.....and, I'm liking your
idea of painting those DT trays...very clever and sure saves $ to get a nice look.
jane

o

I loved this table too & was drooling over the cute blue shakers & then saw the red ones!! Also the red handled silverware. Perfect for such an important day!Jan

o

Your table turned out great Nana, everything just pops on that pretty white tablecloth. Love the way you layered the plates, and that cute little bowl on top really caught my eye, so cute. Enjoy the holiday and thanks for sharing.

Luvs

o

Thank you everyone.
Jeanne I decided use both sets of S@P' at the last minute. I'm glad I did.
Punk I was surprised at how easily this this table came together. It seemed to have it's own idea about how it wanted to look. LOL
Jane, The S@Ps aren't vintage. I like using fresh flowers when I can. The prices are reasonable at the grocery store.
and they always have seasonal arrangements. I hope you are able to get out and about more now.
Thank you sunnyca. I love when you pop in to comment.
Thanks luvs, the little bowls came from CTS.
How is your DH doing?
Nana

o

I'm lagging behind but Beautiful table Nana.
I love the plate layering and the little shakers.
I'm coveting your blue stemware as well. I've found several occasions I needed a set and haven't yet found one.
Very well done and hope you had a nice relaxing holiday weekend :).

o

Nana, beautiful layering to create a beautiful table!
Your painted chargers are very creative!
Lovely job on this table and glad you were inspired to share it with us.

TFS,
Candy

o

I have to add a DITTO, the others covered it well. And you are good at the "Candy shots" ;o). Painting chargers is such a neat idea, especially since the dollar store prices can't be beat on them. The layering of the dishes, and of course the S&P's, are wonderful.

hugs, Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here