Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

My Memorial Day Table

nana2010_gw
11 years ago

I liked MM's Memorial Day Table table so much, it inspired me to do one.

From 2012-05-25 (by Eye-Fi)

The dark blue chargers are trays from Dollar Tree spray painted.

The red chargers and glassware are from a variety store in my little town. The flowers are from the grocery store.

TFLookin and have a wonderful Holiday.

Nana

Comments (9)

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Oh, now that is a patriotic table! What I really love on this table are your S&P shakers!...such a simple addition to the lovely vase of flowers centerpc! The t'cloth makes a good backgrd to showcase the placesettings! Happy Memorial Day, nana! TFS! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Nana, I'm lovin' your Memorial Day tablescape. What a sweet job of layering your dishes. So crisp with your all your red, wht and blue on this one.

I'm going to go get my red centennial s&p shakers out for my table after seeing yours. Hopefully I'll get some pictures taken this weekend and share. I don't have any blue but both sets of yours are neat and look great.

Punk

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

I have to agree with Jeanne & Punk..you did such a
    nice job on this table. I like how the colorful layering
    against the white Tablecloth makes everything 'pop'.
    I eyed those S&Ps too...They look vintage...are they colbalt?
    I like how you always add that special detail of fresh flowers for
    your tables Nana.....and, I'm liking your
    idea of painting those DT trays...very clever and sure saves $ to get a nice look.
    jane

• sunnyca_gw
    11 years ago

I loved this table too & was drooling over the cute blue shakers & then saw the red ones!! Also the red handled silverware. Perfect for such an important day!Jan

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

Your table turned out great Nana, everything just pops on that pretty white tablecloth. Love the way you layered the plates, and that cute little bowl on top really caught my eye, so cute. Enjoy the holiday and thanks for sharing.

Luvs

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you everyone.
    Jeanne I decided use both sets of S@P' at the last minute. I'm glad I did.
    Punk I was surprised at how easily this this table came together. It seemed to have it's own idea about how it wanted to look. LOL
    Jane, The S@Ps aren't vintage. I like using fresh flowers when I can. The prices are reasonable at the grocery store.
    and they always have seasonal arrangements. I hope you are able to get out and about more now.
    Thank you sunnyca. I love when you pop in to comment.
    Thanks luvs, the little bowls came from CTS.
    How is your DH doing?
    Nana

• milosmom_gw
    11 years ago

I'm lagging behind but Beautiful table Nana.
    I love the plate layering and the little shakers.
    I'm coveting your blue stemware as well. I've found several occasions I needed a set and haven't yet found one.
    Very well done and hope you had a nice relaxing holiday weekend :).

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

Nana, beautiful layering to create a beautiful table!
    Your painted chargers are very creative!
    Lovely job on this table and glad you were inspired to share it with us.

TFS,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

I have to add a DITTO, the others covered it well. And you are good at the "Candy shots" ;o). Painting chargers is such a neat idea, especially since the dollar store prices can't be beat on them. The layering of the dishes, and of course the S&P's, are wonderful.

hugs, Karen