Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
b.d. decor goodies...finally

Posted by purplemoon (My Page) on
Thu, May 2, 13 at 4:22

I'm only about a month late posting pictures of my birthday 'goodies', but thought better late than never.
;o)
This first one is a present to myself. A neat find from a vintage/antique type shop my BF and I found.....a very large (34" high, 15" across) old iron birdcage. Its hard to tell in the photo, but its kind of a pale sage green "shabby" look. There is no bottom on it, and I was thinking about putting it outside where it could sit over a plant....but not sure yet if I want to keep it IN to decorate or at least on the back patio. It wasn't bargain price, so I had to think about it. But I decided if I left it, I'd probably kick myself. So $33 and it was mine. Probably not the smartest purchase, but I just really wanted it.
 photo IMG_ironcage_15x34_33_zps9ad90e17.jpg
And this large metal floor birdcage came from Hobby Lobby, half-off on clearance. My BF got it for my
birthday actually, we'd gone there on a shopping trip and she wanted me to pick out something I
really liked. I got the bird and rosebud vine to go with it too.
 photo IMG_4796_zps543a976a.jpg
My sweet daughter bought me this big ol' terrarium for my b.d. I'd seen them in various photos, all decorated different ways, and really wanted one. It was at TJ Maxx, and sale priced! You can lift the top open, or open the two front 'doors'. Its BIG, 20" long x 17" high x 10" wide. The only place I could think to put it is in my bay window!!
 photo IMG_10x20x17_zps871af0fa.jpg
hugs, Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: b.d. decor goodies...finally

Oh wow, PM! SCORED big time, didn't ya! I am drooling over DD's gift to you ...you'll be able to decorate that up so easily ...I hope you like it in your bay window but it would be cool in the middle of a large coffee table or side table...love how it opens so you can add large faux candlelight or figurines...lots of goodies!

& the birdcages...both of them are beauties! That first one you bought for yourself would look lovely on your patio w/a plant that doesn't require much watering ...do you grow 'Moss Rose' in Phoenix? It's a pretty plant that will would be a 'spiller.' I'll attach a pic here.

Have fun with wherever you put it...love all of it! Jeanne S.

o

I'll book a flight today and be right out to take all of them off of your hands, okay?? :-)

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all three of them....I'm a sucker for birdcages and for conservatories.

Lucky you!

o

Great presents Karen.
I can't wait to see how you use them in vignettes,
Nana

o

Woo Hooo! Nice presents Karen!
I can see lots of fun days ahead using them and
look forward to seeing how you decorate them.
jane

o

oooo, Karen, those are all great gifts! I'd be tempted to try that iron cage with a small/delicate climbing plant like cardinal vine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here