Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Memorial Day Dining Room Decorated w/Christmas Decor

phonegirl
11 years ago

This is our decor for this Memorial/Decoration Day. I was hoping to get some white crosses made for the table but that didn't happen. I think most of my decor from before is still out in the shed. So I dug out some of my Christmas decorations I bought after Christmas and used them. I have more but didn't dig deep enough to find all. I will try to remember this year at Christmas to put them in my 4th of July tote. Yes, you enablers have made me start a new Patriotic tote.haha

Grouped three red, wht and blue star candle holders together. The cp jar has a big eagle on it but doesn't show in the pictures. I only have three of each set of these glasses. Hope to come across another to finish the sets.

I had an extra ornament so hung it from this Christmas angel. I try to buy at least 4 of everything.

Jeanne, thanks to you TJ has an outfit to wear. I let her borrow one of mine. Nothing a few pins couldn't fix.LOL

Used my Patriotic Snow Globe musical santa for the cp. I even brought in the outdoor candle holders.

I used Patriotic Christmas ornaments for center of plates and DM's small luncheon napkins w/eagles.

Added lg blue with star Christmas balls for some bling.

I had planned on using my two Homco lady figurines on my Mothers Day ts but didn't get one set. They so remind me of myself and DD. I thought they would work fine on this table too knowing alot of ladies have loved and lost.

MM, Nana and Jeanne thanks again for sharing your pictures and inspiring me to decorate. Nana, I got side tracked and never brought my red s&p shakers out.Opps Now it's to late, I've already taken the pictures.ha

Hope all of you have a Safe and Wonderful weekend.

Punk

Comments (11)

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Wonderful job Punk! If you didn't mention that these
    were Christmas ornies...I wouldn't have known. They
    worked real well in this Tablescape. I love your DM's luncheon napkins with the eagles...
    they're so nostalgic and so perfect for this setting. The trio of star candles is a nice idea...
    and I like the picture with them all lit up.
    Those Homoco figurines
    are lovely and so nice they remind you of DD and you. I can
    see a small flag draped over the one sitting - like Dolly Madison!! lol
    I think TJ looks very Patriotic all decked out in R/W&B...and the little vignette next to her is adorable.
    Also, I don't want to forget to mention what a nice job you did on your buffet with the candles.
    Very clever using the Blue Star Christmas Balls...they work perfectly!
    I so glad MM - Nana and Jeanne inspired you...and you got to
    share this with us.
    jane

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jane, thanks so much for all your comments. I always shop the after Christmas sales for future ts. Glad you thought they worked for this table and buffet. Amazing what you can pick up for next to nothing.

I forgot to ask on Jeanne's post about your foot and next surgery. Sorry your shopping was cut short due to pain and weather. Were you shopping for anything in particular? Please let us know how things are going for you cuz we care!

Punk

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Punk...I'm amazed you have the energy after Christmas
    to shop those sales. I used to do that when I was at
    least 100 yrs younger!! lol...but not anymore...unless
    it 'falls' my way.
    Thanks for asking about my foot..it's been much longer than I expected to heal and the doctor said the swelling
    could last up to 6 mos or longer...so that's been causing me
    discomfort..especially at the end of the day.
    Since the recovery is so long...I'm putting off the second surgery until after Christmas. I don't want to miss the Summer...lol
    I didn't shop for anything in particular. I like 'finding' things that I hadn't planned on..kind of fun that way..
    I hope your enjoying the Weekend and got to get som 'fun time' in with your family..epsecially your little
    cutie DGD!
    jane

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

punk...I posted yesterday but it's in cyperspace, I guess...

I think it's so very smart of you to find Christmas things that you can use again during the yr! And I also have a 'July 4th' tote now, too...part of the 'Enablers' thing!

Those glass star candleholders are cool ...& all the candlelight, of course...your trademark (anyway, that's what I think of when I see your t'scapes!) Am glad you brought in the outdoor candles! And I am always happy to see your buffet changed out w/your table!

Placesettings in RW&B sure are fitting for Memorial Day! Plates are beautiful & the Christmas ornaments striking! Flatware, placemats & stemware ...very festive! And your centerpc flowers...full & rich & I am in envy of your flower arranging talent! TFS, punk...enjoyed lookin'! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

Punk, your decorations look great, what perfect plates, napkins and ornaments for this holiday! Jane said it all so well so I won't repeat the same comments. You did a great job on it all! Luvs

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jane, so glad you are giving your foot time to heal before your next surgery. It would be awful to not have at least one good one. I had foot surgery on my right foot 12 years ago and couldn't drive for 2 months. It was a year before I could do a full run and feel comfortable. I couldn't even ride a bike for a few months.LOL

DD's BDay is Jan. 14th so that's what gets me out shopping after Christmas. It's always so cold but she's so special I have to! DGD's BDay is coming soon and she wants her party here again. May get to use some of my neat dishes again.Yeah

DS came down today but didn't get to see DGD. We did alot of cleaning and yard work so that worked out good. Didnd't make it to the cemetary till late this afternoon because we were so busy. We will have all the family home over the 4th so have alot to do around here to get ready. I always tease my family they come and visit to keep me on top of things.

Jeanne, the small star candle holders are from Dollar Plus. The lg center one is crystal and I picked up the other two at ys. Your the reason I always light my tables.

Thanks for the comments on the flowers. They look better in RL but I didn't want to go take any more pictures. I need you here to help in that dept.haha

I have a bush in one of my gardens that reminds me of your honeysuckle but it's blooms are pink. I'll have to take a picture and see if you know what it is one day.

Luvs, always great to hear from you. Hope you are hanging in there and finding some time for you. Will keep you in my T & P.

Thanks so much Jane, Jeanne and Luvs for all your sweet comments.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Punk, I love your table. It is perfect for Memorial Day
    I agree with what the others have said. I never would have guessed you used Christmas decs here.
    Your Mom's napkins are just right.
    Your Homco Ladies are adorable. They look right at home.
    The side table, Buffet and server compliment the table so nicely. Wonderful job.
    TJ looks so cute and happy you lent her one of you outfits!!

Jane I'm sorry your foot is taking so long to heal.
    Nana

PS. I think it's great that we inspire each other to create.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Nana, thanks for all the sweet comments. I so agree, it's great that we inspire each other to create. Sooo do you have plans for your next one? If things don't slow down in my life, I may end up keeping this until July 4th.LOL

I'm taking some friends to the city tomorrow for an appointment. I love spending time with them so this is a good thing. DS will take my place at the office while I'm off galivanting around. I do have to work this weekend and the gal who works with me is going on vacation next week.

Thanks again, we'll yak later.

Punk

• milosmom_gw
    11 years ago

Punk : You're decorating is growing by leaps and bounds. :)
    Everything is pulled together so nicely. Love all of it but especially that you knew where your Christmas decor was to use it multi-purpose style. I'd have to dig for hours...LOL
    Good on you for getting out , if even for the day. Don't forget to take care of YOU or you won't be caring for everyone/thing house (as the pot calls the kettle black in saying this...lol).

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

Punk,
    Another amazing job!!
    So much thought and patriotic decor! TJ looks excited to be celebrating!

You and the other ladies have been very busy with all of your wonderful tables!

TFS,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

How am I supposed to look at all your pretty decorations with sweet TJ stealing the show? ;o) But I went back and looked several times in spite of the huge smile on her face. LOL. You did a wonderful patriotic table, and are getting good milage out of the Christmas decos. Multi-purposing things is such fun. I imagine a lot of ornaments, especially red ones, could stay out for many holidays. I always forget and pack 'em all up tho. Speaking of storage, I'd love to see the treasure trove you must have.
    I bet ALL of us could decorate our homes and you'd still have plenty left!! ;o)

Jane, I can't believe its going to take so many months for the swelling to go away. That is awful. It would sure make me not want to go thru with a second surgery, you are a brave woman! I'm glad you're putting it off this year tho.
    Take care and will keep you in my prayers.

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner
More Discussions