Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

My Sat. YS Finds

phonegirl
12 years ago

Went to a neighborhood ys this weekend and had so much fun. It consists of probably 50 homes and alot of them set up for it each year. DD and I have made this an annual event for us. Our fedex driver lives there and just let us know Fri. afternoon that is was Sat. so we put on our running shoes and found some goodies.

I got the full nativity set for $3. The Holly Family is by Kurtadler and beautiful. If you have never seen any of his creations you can find them at Kurtadler.com. Spendy but my set was a steal at $1.00. Dessert plates were $1. Milk glass glasses $1 for the set. Elephant in the back $3. Still has the Ross sticker of $29.99 on one of it's feet. GR Hampton Forge flatware .50 for the 8 pc set. Wht FTD compote .10.

New Sister cup & s, crystal swan, rose and 3 bells .10 ea. Old World Santa from Dillards, LG Snowman and flat gr. hanging bottle $1.00 ea. I have alot of the Dillard collections but didn't have this santa, till now. Lighted ginger was only .50 so had to have it too.

Rocking Roller Dept.56 $1.00.

The purple dishes, chg and pm were NWT from Pier 1 and $4 for the set. These wooden candle holders are made in Grants Pass, OR by Myrtlewood. I paid $2.00 for them and my new grape dishes I used on my table.

A closeup of my $1 angel.

Hope you all have time to go shopping and find some good deals this summer. I didn't go into all the details but time to head to bed. We have a photo shoot tomorrow so need some beauty rest for sure.

Punk

Comments (11)

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

You got some good stuff, Punk! That sale sounds BIG and so much fun. The Kurt Adler nativity was a great score!
    And the elephant looks pretty neat. Oh heck, I just like everything.
    I swear, the prices you and Jane and Candy paid for your goodies just blow me away.

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Looks like you had a ball, Punk.
    What great finds, I really like the green stemware.
    I think the angel is my favorite.
    NanaK

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Wow! You did good, punk!
    Love the Christmas items you found...that nativity looks very beautiful...bargain $$$!

Looks like that flatware will go w/the lime placemats in your last t'scape??? Purple plates, very nice ... candleholders & 4 placemats underneath? ...everything looks great...useful & fun! TFS! Jeanne s.

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Punk, you got wonderful buys. I love the neighborhood sales. I set up in a neighborhood sale with my daughter for a couple of years and it was really great but we were always so busy we didn't get to do any looking and shopping ourselves.
    Marylee

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

Punk,
    You found lots of goodies that's for sure! The milk glass goblets and the green flatware were unbelievable bargains. You got a lot of good Christmas deals also, I have a hard time making myself buy things this far out of season. Oh and I love the rabbit too, they are never out of season in my opinion.
    Frou

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Wow Punk - You did dang good too...!
    Fabulous bargain on that Nativity..can't believe the low prices people ask for such nice things.
    Great Christmas items - and I love that Rabbit too..
    Great Milk Glass pieces and also your plates and don't want to forget the green flaware - GREAT prices for everything!!
    I love when you can go to a Large sale like that and it's fun when you go with someone else too...nice your DD joins you..and soon it will be DGD too!

jane

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

You got some great deals. I'm lovin the purple plates and I bet somebody else on here will too, LOL!

Now you made me want to go shopping! I did hit a neighborhood YS on Sun. but not many sales left as it was a 3 day sale. I got some .25c clothes for 3 yr. old DGS as he grows out of eveything so fast!!
    I also found a giant purple outside blowup rabbit for $5. I am giving it to DSIL as he LOVES those things!

TFS,
    Candy

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

So many nice treasures! Glad your FedEx driver let you know about the sale....you really scored!

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Karen, sometimes the prices are yard sales are amazing. I bought a signed elephant picture at an auction this year so I thought the elephant statue would be neat under it if I ever get it framed.

Nana, the flatware is a beautiful set. To bad it's only the fork and spoon. Angels are fun and she's prettier than the picture shows.

Jeanne, I love buying Christmas items this time of year. Seems like others want to just get rid of them and forget what they cost to buy. Don't know why I didn't think to put that silverware on my table.(Blond Moment)

Marylee, you are so right! Yard Sales are alot of work and you miss all the fun shopping.

Frou, hope you will start looking at the out of season items. Perfect time to buy them. I grabbed them mg goblets right up and thought of you right off. I was so happy to find this bunny for $1.

Jane, DGD went with us but she stayed in the truck with DD and Papa and played games on her iPod. I haven't taken all the nativity set out but I think it's the Kirkland set from Costco and I will love it when I start decorating for Christmas.

Candy, I'm not surprised you liked the purple set of dishes. Your purple tables are always so pretty. I need to find a purple tc. I can only imagine what good deals you could find at ys. I know what you mean by little ones growing out of their clothes so fast! We found some clothes for DGD too.

Marlene, our FedEx driver knows we get a kick out of going to this sale every year so she usually mentions it earlier. Don't know why I didn't think to ask when it was this year.

Oh what fun it is to shop at yard sales every summer. Hope all of you will have time to go out and find some wonderful bargains to share with us here.

Punk

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

Great finds! Love the purple dishes and flatware! You did well!

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Lots of neat goodies, Punk. I need to talk to my neighbor/friend about heading out again. However, last time she drove and I was supposed to point out the signs for her--I got "fired" and had to beg for a 2nd chance since she was so much more experienced at spotting them than I was! LOL That would be so neat to find one where there was a whole neighborhood having them on the same day! I'll be watching for your goodies in future tablescapes. ;o)

Luvs