Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Mothers Day Tablescape

phonegirl
9 years ago

DSIL was down and got our computer up and running again so I can post my MDay ts. My
DSis gave me a set of her rose china for our table. She also shared alot of tea pots, cup &
saucer from DGrandmother and a plate from her stash to use. Big thank you to her for helping
me carry out my rose theme this year.

TJ's got her rose outfit on and also sharing her silver tea set. DM's silver with gold handle tray
under cp with Lil Debbies, butterfly cakes w/sprinkles for dessert. DGD made me another Mothers
Day cake this year. Should of taken a picture to share.Sigh

I took more than normal of the buffet so I could share with DSis. She has so many wonderful
things to share. I set DM's Silver Service on the buffet. All polished up again. So nice to see all
the silver shining again.

Tea pot and creamer of DSis's.

This kitty tea set is one of mine.

This is one of the plates "Cherished Moments Last Forever" from DSis.

Used anther tea pot from DSis for my cp. The rose ring around it was one of DM's. I had to pull
off most of the water drops as they are turning color.

Hope all of you enjoyed your Mothers Day. Blessings, Punk

Comments (8)

• christmascandy
    9 years ago

This is so pretty!

I love all the shades of pink, especially the hot pink placemats and I Attention to detail is perfect as usual. Of course, we expect nothing less, LOL The napkin roses in the teacups look wonderful and I'll have to see if I can find some of the Little Debbie butterfly cakes...those are so cute!

I have some of those Mothers Day plates, although mine are from the 70's.
    We need some close ups of TJ.

It all looks amazing.
    TFS,
    Candy

• jeannespines
    9 years ago

Pink & roses, butterflies & birds ~~ entwined with cherished china & memories. There is such love being shared in this t'scape, punk.

The polished silver shimmers ~~ tea set on the buffet & silverware @the table. Love how you stacked the place settings with pinks & gold ... gorgeous! The linen roses in the cups are so feminine ... & a 'punk' surprise addition ... bright pink butterflies that look as they taking flight!
    So much love shared in this t'scape & buffet settings ... you certainly did your DM & DGM proud. ~~hugs, Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    9 years ago

Punk this table is delightful.
    There is so much to see and it is so artfully arranged.
    From the shades of pink, silver pieces to the gorgeous china and glittering butterflies and napkin roses, this table is a work of art done with love.
    I am in awe!!
    The table and buffet are a wonderful tribute to your Mom and grandmother.

Oh my gosh, Punk I hope you get your floors done soon and you will be back sharing your lovely tables with us before we have time to miss you!!!

Nana

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Candy, I bought the butterflies for Shalayne's BDay party last year at Walmart. The placemats came from Target. The rose napkins were so easy. Not sure why I haven't tried them before.lol Little Debbie's has the cutest cakes for every occasion. Such a cheap way to add to our tables.

This is the only picture that's up close of TJ. The poor little thing didn't get center stage for the photo shot this time. BTW, thanks for asking.

Jeanne, while browsing one day I had read that this lady came up with a great way to remove the tarnish from her silver. She used 2 tsp of soda, one tsp salt and put this in a bowl lined with aluminum foil. Added boiling water and dipped her silver. I did this with mine. It removes most of it instantly. Then I used my Wrights Silver Cream to finish the stubborn areas. I had to change my foil and water solution a few times to get all of mine done. Seems like the hot water mix and new foil was the trick.

Just when you thought I was done with the surprises, OH NO, I needed more bling so threw in the Butterlies!LOL

Nana, after spending the last few days packing, makes me realize I have way to much fun shopping for my ts. I thought of you and need to get those pink zebra charges heading your way! Maybe when I bring them back in, I'll GET ER DONE! Then we can both set zebra tables.haha

Thanks so much for all the sweet comments ladies. Your the best. Punk

• Purplemoon
    9 years ago

Punk, you have the most beautiful collections of things to decorate with. And Candy said it so well...."Attention to detail is perfect as usual. Of course, we expect nothing less"
    I totally agree!

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    9 years ago

I agree Your Buffet and table look Amazing. All the lovely shades of pink....beautiful china... Gorgeous Silver Pieces ...Roses And Butterflies! I must say, you out do yourself each time.
    I love that there are so many lovely memories from the special pieces of your DM and DGM..and from a loving DS to share with you. Love it all...You
    Are Truly Blessed Punk
    jane.

• oldalgebra
    9 years ago

It's easy to admire your table, but what's so great is that you were able to incorporate some many meaningful items for a Mother's Day tablescape. As much as we all like it, nobody can truly appreciate it like you and your family.

I love the stories of how you acquired the pieces - even the Walmart butteries (which are super, by the way).

Glad you added another post and gave TJ her moment in the sun.

Do tell about the pedestal plate in the center. I didn't see where you talked about it. I love it.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Karen, Jane and OA, sorry I'm so slow at thanking all of you for
    the sweet comments on my MDay ts. OA, I've shared the cake pedestal on several posts. Here's a link to ebay with a cake plate like mine that has more info.
    Thanks again, Punk

Here is a link that might be useful: Thumbprint-Pattern-Antique-Glass-Cake-Stand-Pedestal-Brandy-Well-Open-Lace-Skirt-/

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio
More Discussions