Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Another Candy and Friend creation

christmascandy
9 years ago

My friend Barb saw the doll bed I made for Gannon last Christmas and asked if I would help her make a bed for her DGD. Her DGD has 8 American Girl dolls and she wanted to make something for her. Her DGD already had 2 doll beds and wanted something different.

So, I forgot to take any before pictures, but I bought a bookcase and a premade drawer at the TS. The drawer was a white laminated "box" with the drawer on glides. It was a self contained unit and was probably from some kind of organization store.
We took the bookcase apart and used pieces to make the back and arm. Also the cardboard from the back of the bookcase became the form for the base of the upholstery.

The DGD told Barb what colors she wanted and selected the fabric for the bed. She also wanted the phrase "lazy doll days" on the front of it.

Barb did not know how to use power saws or have a sewing machine, so we did it all at my house. I showed her how to use the saws and how to use my sewing machine.

This is the result:

It is in my backyard for the photo op, LOL

We used glitter alphabet stickers to make the phrase and drawer pulls from Michaels for the drawer and the legs on the bed.
The drawer pulls out and there is a matching bed and pillow inside. It is a combination Victorian fainting couch/trundle bed, LOL

She said she will probably give it to her DGD tomorrow.
Barb said she is pretty sure her DGD will like it.

TTFN,
Candy

Comments (5)