Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Poppy Cake Anyone?

phonegirl
13 years ago

I painted this cake taker so thought I'd share this project tonight. I struggled with this project but hope to paint more with this type of paint and improve.LOL

Punk

Comments (14)

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Beeeuuuteeful!!
    What a beautiful job you did on that.
    Do you also do china painting? This looks like some items I have seen by people who do china painting.
    I hope you have some place to display it and won't be tucking it away out of sight.
    TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Candy, glad you like this. This is the first time I've painted with this type of paint. I do want to paint some stemware for my tables one of these days. No china painting yet. I'm afraid I might ruin it!

I just finished this project tonight so haven't thought about what I will do with it. Thanks for the idea. I might display it for the spring - summer season.

Punk

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

That came out lovely Punk.
    I can see you taking lots of cakes to friends and family in it. What's different about this paint you're using from what you've used in the past?
    Is that painting technique called 'One Stroke'?
    I remember my SIL taking painting lessons for that and her showing me how she did it.

jane

• milosmom_gw
    13 years ago

Soooo pprrreeetttyyy!!

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

The black really makes the pink stand out, it's lovely. I'm always amazed at your talent.
    Frou

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jane and MM, this paint is a gloss so it dosen't let you blend like our acrylics do, which makes it much harder to work with. This is not one stroke but that's what I may have to do on my stemware.

If you ever remember painting with the old enamel paint, that was hard to get on smooth. It's like this paint. I think thats why they came out with new paints (flat, satin finish)that allow you to wipe down your walls w/o removing all the paint on them.

Thanks for the comments and glad you like it.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Punk, I commented over on the Painting forum, but will just say again that this came out great in spite of your hassle with the new paints. Love the pink on the black, and as always, your leaves are gorgeous. Luvs

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Well, you may have struggled, but it sure paid off...turned out beautifully! Love the poppies and the leaves are great too!

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

Improve on it?" . . . how can you improve on perfection???? OMG, Punk, it's gorgeous! Please keep taking pics of your creations for us, will you?
    Lynn

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Luvs, thanks again and you sure know how to keep me motivated with the painting and tables.

Marlene, thanks for your sweet comments. When will you be here?

Lynn, you are to sweet. So glad you liked this project and I will be posting more till you say ENOUGH lady! K

Punk

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Love the stark contrast of colors...having that black bkgrd really shows off the poppies! Hope you have more fun with those newer paints...I think it's awesome! Jeanne S.

• jaybird
    13 years ago

That is absotively beeeeyoutiful!! I sure don't see where you could make any improvement!
    Thanks for posting,
    J

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

That is just beautiful, P! What lovely colors!

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jeanne, J and Kathleen, thanks so much for all the sweet comments on this project. I'm never sure what to post but with comments like these, I'll post more as I keep trying!

Punk

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions