Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Poppy Cake Anyone?

Posted by phonegirl (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 26, 10 at 23:51

I painted this cake taker so thought I'd share this project tonight. I struggled with this project but hope to paint more with this type of paint and improve.LOL

Punk

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Poppy Cake Anyone?

Beeeuuuteeful!!
What a beautiful job you did on that.
Do you also do china painting? This looks like some items I have seen by people who do china painting.
I hope you have some place to display it and won't be tucking it away out of sight.
TFS,
Candy

o

Candy, glad you like this. This is the first time I've painted with this type of paint. I do want to paint some stemware for my tables one of these days. No china painting yet. I'm afraid I might ruin it!

I just finished this project tonight so haven't thought about what I will do with it. Thanks for the idea. I might display it for the spring - summer season.

Punk

o

That came out lovely Punk.
I can see you taking lots of cakes to friends and family in it. What's different about this paint you're using from what you've used in the past?
Is that painting technique called 'One Stroke'?
I remember my SIL taking painting lessons for that and her showing me how she did it.

jane

o

Soooo pprrreeetttyyy!!

o

The black really makes the pink stand out, it's lovely. I'm always amazed at your talent.
Frou

o

Jane and MM, this paint is a gloss so it dosen't let you blend like our acrylics do, which makes it much harder to work with. This is not one stroke but that's what I may have to do on my stemware.

If you ever remember painting with the old enamel paint, that was hard to get on smooth. It's like this paint. I think thats why they came out with new paints (flat, satin finish)that allow you to wipe down your walls w/o removing all the paint on them.

Thanks for the comments and glad you like it.

Punk

o

Punk, I commented over on the Painting forum, but will just say again that this came out great in spite of your hassle with the new paints. Love the pink on the black, and as always, your leaves are gorgeous. Luvs

o

Well, you may have struggled, but it sure paid off...turned out beautifully! Love the poppies and the leaves are great too!

o

Improve on it?" . . . how can you improve on perfection???? OMG, Punk, it's gorgeous! Please keep taking pics of your creations for us, will you?
Lynn

o

Luvs, thanks again and you sure know how to keep me motivated with the painting and tables.

Marlene, thanks for your sweet comments. When will you be here?

Lynn, you are to sweet. So glad you liked this project and I will be posting more till you say ENOUGH lady! K

Punk

o

Love the stark contrast of colors...having that black bkgrd really shows off the poppies! Hope you have more fun with those newer paints...I think it's awesome! Jeanne S.

o

That is absotively beeeeyoutiful!! I sure don't see where you could make any improvement!
Thanks for posting,
J

o

That is just beautiful, P! What lovely colors!

o

Jeanne, J and Kathleen, thanks so much for all the sweet comments on this project. I'm never sure what to post but with comments like these, I'll post more as I keep trying!

Punk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here