Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

How do I post pictures with my message?

christmascandy
14 years ago

I emailed Karen and she only knows how with Photobucket and I am not familiar with that.

She suggested I type in the question for the forum and it said something about HTML and URL and I don't know what that means either :(

I really need step by step instructions, and that means literally: do this, then this, then this...

Assume I know nothing because that is pretty much the case.

Thanks for any help.

Candy

Comments (15)

• luckygal
    14 years ago

Candy, you can use the link posted below and get the URL there if you don't want to use Photobucket. What I did to post this pic (had to try it to make sure it worked) was to choose the pic I wanted to post and put it on my desktop. If you open the link below in a separate window by right clicking where it says tinypic (in my post below), then when the tinypic site window opens click where it says 'choose file' and you will see your pic listed with anything else on your desktop, click where your pic name is then click on 'choose'. The URL will be where it says HTML for Websites. Right click on that and choose 'copy'. You can then write whatever you want to say before the pic, then leave a space, then paste the HTML you copied in the message box of the thread. You can then leave a space and paste another pic's HTML and as many pics as you like. Best not to post too, too many pics as some people are still on dial-up and it's slow to load with many pics. You can also write descriptions of your pics between them, and a message at the end. Try to always leave a space between as it looks better.

It sounds more complicated than it is, best to just try it. When you click Preview Message you should see your pics come up and if everything is the way you want then click on Submit Message. There's no edit on this forum so when you submit it's final but you can edit before you Submit.

I hope I haven't missed anything in these instructions as I'm half asleep after shopping all day. Heading off to bed. I'll check in tomorrow after yard saling to see if you could figure this out. Or someone else may be along sooner to help. We all want to see your pics so will help any way we can. :-)

Whoops, almost forgot about resizing - best to resize to max of 600 pixels - this pic is 800 so will look pretty large. I normally use 600 as it's a good size to see detail. Hope you know how to resize cause that's another long story. I think you do since you've posted "over there" and large pix won't upload there.

Here is a link that might be useful: tinypic

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

I had to try out LG's site, too...I just copied it right into the thread here...didn't need to put on desktop (if you don't want to) Easy to change the size also..just clicked on "default" size box & changed to the 640 x one! Good luck & welcome, candy! Works good...thanks for that link, luckygal!

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

whoops, luckygal, I misread "desktop" in your instr. ...so forgive my parentsis remark above! Good link for those who don't have Photobucket or such! Jeanne S.

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well, I clicked on the tinypic link and was able to upload 4 pictures, but then I was stuck. I tried to copy, but nothing happened. There wasn't any place to write a message, nor could I see anyway to post. There were 4 different boxes with addresses in them and one was a URL that said to post to message boards, but nowhere I could see to actually post? Do I have to register on the email address?
    Candy

• luckygal
    14 years ago

Sorry I haven't been back here, Candy. If you follow my instructions step by step I think you'll get it. You need to have two windows open to make it easy. One with the tinypic site and one with this forum. You then paste the URL addy from the tinypic site to your message window here. Don't be discouraged, I had some problems at first also. It's like everything else, seems difficult until you learn how, then it's easy! :-)

• kathleen_li
    14 years ago

I just tried it and it worked..you are highlighting the first choice, then pasting it in here..

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Of course I had to try it too! Luvs

Give it a couple of trys Candy, you will figure it out! I didn't download to desktop either, just opened it full size then copied it and came here and pasted it in this box. Had never heard of this site, glad to learn about it!

• kathleen_li
    14 years ago

I think it is funny you don't even have to register...Maybe they don't store them? I had never used but wanted to see it I could do it! :)

• luckygal
    14 years ago

The reason I first put the pic on my desktop is that unless you do that when you click to upload to tinypic you have to look thru your files to find the pic you want. Easier (for me) to plan ahead, move the pics to the desktop, and load easily from there as that's the first place that opens.

Kathleen, they do store the pics you post thru that site - it you click on images you will see lots of pics people have posted. It's one reason I don't like it because I don't know any way of removing them so don't use it for anything personal altho a lot of people do. There's little privacy here once a person has posted pics and as most know GW 'owns' any pics we post. Pics posted from photobucket can be moved which will break the connection and remove the pic from the thread.

It's just one way to post pics if a person doesn't want to use Photobucket. BTW I believe all the photo sites make pics public unless one opts for the private setting.

• kathleen_li
    14 years ago

Yes, LG, you have to remember to make the albums private at PB..I do...
    I only uploaded one to see if I could figure it out!
    Good to have as a backup if PB goes down..which happens. With my blog, you just take the pics right from your computer, which is much easier for me.

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Well, LOL, I'm staying a big fan of Photobucket. And most all my albums are public. But I do have backup albums for my personal stuff on Kodak too.

hugs, Karen

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    14 years ago

[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/33uzvd4.jpg[/IMG]
    This is all I have been able to copy??

Candy

• luckygal
    14 years ago

Candy, as I said in my post you need to cut and paste the HTML for Websites as I have done here, not the IMG Code for Forums and Message Boards as you have done. I know the one you've chosen seems more reasonable by the label but it doesn't work as you have found out. Just follow the instructions I gave above and it should work. You'll be on to it soon and we look forward to seeing your pics.

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you Luckygal!!
    I really appreciate your patience and persistence.
    I posted some Bunny Dishes pictures just as a test.
    My biggest problem was I couldn't keep your message on my screen when I went to the tinypic site, so it was very frustrating until you posted the picture I had been trying to upload with your message. Then it made sense.
    Thanks again,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Oh, the apple teapot stack made it here. I think that is
    wonderful and was anxious for the others to get to see it.

Candy, learning to post photos is something we all went thru. And many of us with a great deal of frustration, LOL.
    I am a person who needs to be shown stuff visually, reading directions is difficult for me most of the time. My mind tends to complicate the simplest things!

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
More Discussions