Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Earth Day, Go Green Recycled table

christmascandy
12 years ago

Our ARC thrift stores are always advertising that it is very green to buy there.

I created an Earth Day table that is about 90% thrift items, so I'm doing my part to save the planet, LOL

The brown placemats (earth), sage green dinner plates, sage bowls, tablecloth,twig napkin rings, and napkins are all TS.

I used some more of my homemade zucchini muffins and stuck a silk flower in them.

The wooden chargers are also TS as is the bamboo handled flatware.

The candleabra is a TS treasure, but the small garden tools in front of it were Big Lots several yrs ago and are actually curtain rod finials. The bird is very heavy and cast metal. it came from a street fair in Des Moines several yrs ago.

The fairy was a sale item at HL a few yrs ago and she is holding my crystal globe I received when I retired from teaching.

The green goblets were TS also.

So I'm going for double green, using green colored items, and recycled TS items!! Got any S & H Green Stamps anyone?

OOPS, showing my aqe, LOL

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (10)

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Very 'Earthy' setting. I love all the colors and textures you used for this table and the 'feeling'
    I get from it.
    The soft blue/sky...the Greens/Grass...the Yellow/Sun..and the Browns/Earth!
    Also your CP with the Bird/Fairy & Globe!
    All wonderful combinations...Great Table and very creative!

jane

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Candy, your table is lovely. I am glad you said the fairy was holding your crystal globe. I did not know what she was holding. - Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

Your green, green table is very clever. I really like the birdhouse plates and the bamboo flatware. And the crystal ball fairy is a nice touch.
    Frou

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Candy, You chose the perfect elements for a beautiful Earth Day Table.
    Love all the everything you chose to go with the pretty soft greens.
    The zucchini muffins look so cute with the flowers in them.
    The candelabra is a treasure and I love the garden fairy.
    I DO have S@H Green Stamps!! I found some that hadn't been used and my DH wouldn't let me throw them away because they might become 'collectors' items. Does anyone 'collect' them? lol
    Another wonderful table, Candy.
    NanaK

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

Great Earth Day table. Pretty dishes!

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks ladies.
    I should have explained that the crystal globe came on a stand that says "Thank you for making a WORLD of difference for our students" and it is actually an etched globe of the world. Because it is all clear, it is very difficult to photograph because it reflects the flash and just looks like a glowing sphere!

Nana, maybe someday we will see you on Pawn Stars with those green stamps, LOL Seriously, with everything that people collect, there are probably people out there who would collect those.

I decided to use the bamboo handled flatware because bamboo is considered a green product as it grows so fast.

Thanks again,
    Candy

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Way to go , Candy. A beautiful Earth Day Ts. I think going green must be the "in" thing now. I went to 3 different GW s today and didn't find anything. Guess I got there to late. TFS, Janet

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Ahhh, your table calls to me, candy.
    I love the soft earthy colors that you used ...the light greens & your placemats of earth & light wood chargers, bamboo flatware & twig napkin rings.

And your table gives one the feeling of earth connections... with your "gardening" tools & terra cotta pots & esp the "globe" your garden fairy is holding. Very nice t'scape to celebrate Earth Day! Recycling at it's best! TFS! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

I agree with what everyone else has said, you sure came up with a great way to represent the earth, sky, grass, etc. Really like your flowerpot cupcakes too, and the garden fairy is so pretty.

You know what? I've painted on several wooden plates--not even realizing they were chargers! However, in my defense, I usually only find one at a time.

Janet, I know how you feel, nothing very exciting at our ts lately either--but I've been dropping off stuff hoping someone else will want it! LOL

Luvs

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Candy, this is a pretty Earth Day table. Nice color combo on this one. I'm loving the green tc, place settings, flatware, glasses, fairy and all of it! The muffins in the pots and roses are great. Thanks for the info on the globe. One can tell now that I look closer.

I still have a jar w/gr stamps. We bought alot of items for our home when we first married with them. After seeing this table, makes me want to get all my Easter put away and think Spring but I have to head to work instead.LOL

Punk

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022
More Discussions