Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

Easter stuff, my birthday...photo HEAVY

Purplemoon
12 years ago

Well looky here, I have a PINK tree for Easter! LOL. My BF decided I 'needed' a pink tree, so she got her's out of her store-room and brought it over for me to decorate for Easter. Gave it to me actually, so I will have it for next Valentine's too. ;o)

{{gwi:1422530}}

She took me shopping to a neat group of little thrift stores where I got some goodies for my birthday. One was this wonderful bunny pitcher. You saw the 2 white ones in my Easter photo album (one had lavender flowers and the other pink flowers), so this tan bunny was a nice addition to my bunny pitchers. I love brown bunnies the best of all. (more realistic to me I guess).

Me and Mollie celebrating our birthdays at the Outback for lunch. Her's was 3 days before mine. She is 20 yrs younger than me, so she is like my "little sister" as well as my best friend. I love her to pieces. I also got a hair cut a week ago, lost about half my hair. LOL.

{{gwi:1422532}}

Jason and Suzie always make sure I get flowers for my b.d. (and my anniversary) since they know that Mr O. is not a 'flower kinda guy'. And Suz gets them sent in purple vases, and with purple flowers. So mid afternoon on my b.d., these beautiful roses arrived

BUT there was a huge surprise in store!! When I got up yesterday morning, Mr O of course had already left to play golf) there on the table was a dozen gorgeous mauve roses from him!! He beat Suz and Jason to the punch. LOL. Even the lovely card he got me was in lavender! Wow, did an alien steal the real Mr O.??

All the roses are a very MAUVE shade in real life, tho look pink in the photos!

I found this vintage sparkly egg in one of the shops. The bunny and his basket are both made of enamel-ware. Its about 4" high.

Then I found the little lighted bunny Easter tree, the egg tree and chocolate egg urn...and the gorgeous big laying rabbit!

hugs, Karen

Comments (9)

• yachter123
    12 years ago

Lucky gal you are, what a great surprise from your DH & also a fun day with your bestie!

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh, I meant to add that when she and I went shopping the very FIRST thing I told her was that I was NOT going to buy any more Easter stuff....
    you saw how well that worked out. LOL

Yacht, I'm so glad to see you posting again!
    hugs, Karen

• yachter123
    12 years ago

Karen, you know you're a sucker for bunnies, that was not a good promise! Thanks, I am also fighting with the new computer I got, right before I got laid up, so not used to anything on it at all, my son had to upload my pics for me & then help me find them.

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Karen, so glad you had a wonderful birthday. I totally love that big laying bunny you found. Neat trees and egg in the urn too. Gorgeous roses from your family. Something you said at Valentine's apparently made an impression on Mr.O. Hope you gave him lots of smooches and hugs for getting you those pretty roses and a card.

Luvs

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh Karen, so good to see you! (love the haircut, too!) & what a good friend...sounds like a wonderful friend & b'day tog! And it doesn't get much better than TS'ing w/a good friend!

Love that new big laying rabbit!...looks good under your tree...I am happy for you with getting your pink tree! LOL! (candy may have been dealing that 'Enabler' card!) You had the eggs all ready for that tree...just packed away!

Beautiful sparkly egg...so unique...lots of treasures! & beautiful roses 2X's...nice surprise! TFS your day! Jeanne S. (& happy belated to your Mollie!)

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

You are one lucky lady! AND YAY for Mr. O!! What a nice surprise from him...the roses are beautiful. You and Mollie look like sisters...great picture of the two of you. And your shopping finds....very nice. Love the laying down rabbit and the egg tree with the bird on top! You have the best selection of Easter decorations I've ever seen....jealous here.

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Wow, You found some great buys and now you have a little pink tree!! Who needs a white tree when you have a pink tree??
    What a thoughtful friend and she does look like she could be your little sis! I'm jealous that she lives close enough for you to go TS shopping together, although we might both want the same items based on how much we already have in common now!! LOL

Way to go Mr. O!! Now that was a birthday surprise!
    Hope you were well enough to finally get your dinner out!

Love the new decor!

TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Karen, your new pink tree is great. So glad you and Mollie had a great shopping day and lunch. She looks like she could be your little SIS alright and alot of fun.

You found so many neat things. All your bunnies and trees are darling. I love your Big laying down bunny and that tea pot bunny is cute. Reminds me of the saying "Give Hugs if You Carrot All".

Better watch that chocolate egg in the urn. It looks good enough to eat. The vintage sparkly egg w/the inset is so neat.

Now on to the ROSES. I know Jas and Suzie always buy you beautiful roses but Mr O too. Woohoo... good things come to those who wait! So happy you had a wonderful Birthday this year.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Karen, I'm so glad you had a good birthday!
    Getting roses from Mr. O must have made your day!
    Love all your new treasures. A person can never have too may bunnies!
    Looks like you and Mollie had good time celebrating your Birthdays.
    She really does look like she could be your sister.
    Did you get out for your birthday dinner yet?
    Nana

Sponsored
More Discussions