Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

National Farm Animals Day Table

christmascandy
12 years ago

Yesterday was National Farm Animals Day so I used some recently purchased plates for a table.

Amazingly the salad plates and dinner plates are by 2 different makers and I found them at 2 different GdWls.

I had to buy 2 pig plates as there wasn't a 4th animal.

I found the milk can S & P's and knew they would be perfect for this table. The little cow creamer came from my DGM. The red barn was given to my by DD as she thought I would be able to use it. The yard duck napkin holders are also TS.

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (10)

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

You have plates to go with National Farm Animal Day??!! You have plates for that day????? I can't stand it. NOBODY has plates that go with National Farm Animal Day. Nobody but you, that is.

How cute it all is. The milk can S and P's are super. Who'd have even imagined there would be such a thing. I like checkered patterns on anything, so love the plate rims and the tablecloth.

This is darling.

I still can't get over that you have plates that go so well with National Farm Animal Day.

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

LOL @OA!!!
    candy...I love those quilted placemats you chose to go with the red checkered t'cloth! And those salad plates are just too darn stinkin' cute (all those animals do smell, ya know!) Can't believe you found the dinner plates to match by a diff maker!

Barn centerpc is very cute w/milk cans for S&P ...like the bouquet of raspberries, too...now, there is only ONE thing that I can see that doesn't fit this 'National Farm Animals Day' & that is your beautiful flatware...put that away & add FOUR PITCHFORKS!!! ;-) Are ya 'squealin' with laughter! Ok, it's early morn & I'm having a sleepless night...so it was good to talk to you! TFS your t'scape! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Well I'm totally with OA....LOL. You are just unbelievable, Candy.
    And I love, love this setting. I'm a country girl at heart for one thing, and animal lover for another. According to my monitor, the color is between burgundy and barn red,
    which is definitely right up my alley.

This is beyond delightful.
    hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

What a DELIGHTFUL table Candy.
    I can almost smell the fresh mown Hay.
    The milk can Salt & Peppers are the best!!
    I have to say, I don't think you would find plates like these at CTS.
    This fun table made my day!
    TFS
    Nana

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Candy, you never cease to amaze me with all your creativity! The table is perfect for National Farm Animal Day. Like Karen, I am totally a farm gal at heart I love the salad plates, and the red checks are great. I used to have those same S&P, don't recall what ever happened to them. That was a long time ago. long before I found this great group of Enablers. The little red Barn is so cute. I have a thing for barns, esp old barns. I had to LOL at Jeanie's pitchforks. They would be a little big, even for my big mouth. This was such a cute table. Thanks for all your inspiration. Janet

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

OMGosh! Farm animal plates!! I love them!! You are just too cool for your own good Candy....your table is just great!

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Candy, what a darling farm animal ts. Love your new plates, s & p milk cans, cow creamer, duck napkin rings and barn cp. So fun. Your Candy shot is great showing the checkerd table cloth and chekered plates. Stems are so pretty and go great w/s plates.

I'm a country gal too. Currently live in one of my parents hay fields.LOL

Punk

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

OA, you are so funny! Your response makes me laugh just like Jeanne. I found the plates, thought they were really cute, although there are some chips, but for 42C ea....
    Since they are usually just used for a table decor and not actually to eat at, I figured the chips didn't matter that much. THEN, I googled days celebrated in April and lo and behold...there was National Farm Animals day! A perfect fit!!
    Jeanne, amazingly, I found the plates within a week of finding the salad plates. At first I thought they must be by the same maker, but NO, different maker, but they went together really well. The GdWls are also way across town from each other. What are the odds?? As for the smell, well, I used to love to visit my grandparents farm when I was growing up, so very familiar with farm aromas!
    I needed the placemats to run interference as the tablecloth is red, but the dishes are a barn red, so the placemats separate them enough that I felt they weren't duking it out, LOL. No pitchforks small enough, so had to use regular flatware. TeeHee.

Karen, your monitor is correct, the dishes are a barn red. I have many happy memories of visits to my grandparents farm, including a tree house my DB and I made out of the tailgate of the farm truck! We had just seen Swiss Family Robinson and were dying for a tree house. Went to visit and found this perfect wood platform to haul up into a tree. We did and just wedged it up there. When Gramp got home from the field, he never said anything aabout it being the tailgate, just got some pieces of wood and nailed it securely into place!! We played in that treehouse until we grew up and my DD's played in it as well. The best was when Grandma would make choc. chip cookies and we would lower a basket from the treehouse, she would put the cookies in it, and then we would raise the basket and enjoy our cookies in the treetop!!

Nana, part of my TS addiction is the thrill of finding different items, and then putting them together to make a new tablescape story. Since I never know what I will find, it is always fun to see what is out there, waiting for me to discover new treasures. Better the smell of new mown hay than the other barnyard smells, LOL.

Janet, the farm had one of those big barns, except it was white. I spent hours playing in the hay mow as a kid, with the dust motes shining through cracks, and the doves cooing in the rafters!!

Marlene, before Karen found me, I set a few tables with what I owned then, BUT, once I came over here, well...the TS addiction became a reality (problem???) giggle.

Punk, Hope you don't have hay fever!!LOL.
    I just found those goblets and they are plastic! I liked the soft green of the stems. They went with the green neck ribbons on the yard duck napkin rings and gave just a bit of contrast to the table.

I love it when a plan comes together and once I found the plates, then the milk cans, and knew I had the barn and the cow creamer, well...And then I googled April days and Voila!! National Farm Animals Day! Well, the table practically set itself!!

Thanks again everybody,
    Candy

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Wonderful find on the plates, Candy. Hard to believe you found them in two different stores and they go together so well. Love the barn c/p and the salt and peppers too. This table reminded me of the little toy barn and plastic animals we used to play with as kids.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Hi Candy...this setting is so adorable.
    Cute plates, and Barn CP and I love the S&P milk cans.
    Once again, I'm amazed over how you find so many great things that make a perfect 'theme' table.
    Great choice in tablecloth and I also like how the different pattern of the placemates
    set off ea placesetting.
    BTW...I bought the same plates (salad & dinner) about a year ago, at GW too. The fourth plate is a hen! lol
    jane

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living
More Discussions