Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_li

Black and Yellow Polka Dots

kathleen_li
12 years ago

Here are the Spode dishes I got used in a scape.

Hope you enjoy, and thanks for looking! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Black/Yellow Table

Comments (10)

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

That is just too cute!
    I love the yellow and black together as well as the checks and polka dots!
    You have such talent for pretty tables and fortunately, lots of fantastic items to create them with and they are all just wonderful!!

A couple of Easter chicks or ducks and this could be an Easter table too!!

Very cute!
    TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Kathleen, I love your gorgeous black and yellow table. I think you made a wonderful choice with the yellow checks instead of the blk/wht polka dotcloth.LOL

The ruffled yellow chargers with the blk polka dot dishes and the yellow polka dot napkins are great. Love the cp. Your so clever!

The DM basket is so pretty.

I want some of DH's Babka. That is making me want to try making some. I will see what this weekend brings and let you know how it turns out.

Punk

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Kathleen your table is so striking. I love that you chose yellow to go with your new dishes and that tablecloth is perfect. It all looks so fresh and crisp. Love the chargers too...they're on my 'to get next' list..lol
    I enjoyed reading about DH's Babka. It looks so delicious...It's nice he keeps his traditions going. We make the Italian Easter Egg Bread for Easter Morning. I think these traditions are so important to pass on to the DGKs too.
    TFS.

jane

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

The yellow really sets those plates off nicely, and I think your idea of using the cups clustered on the plate for a centerpiece was brillant. It all came together really pretty. Luvs

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

I don't know how many times over the years you've amazed and delighted me with your beautiful, creative, tables... and yet you STILL are full of new ideas and continue to keep me in awe.
    (and hungry, LOL)

hugs, Karen

• paintergirl94
    12 years ago

love the polka dots!!

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Kathleen, This table is Striking, It is casual and elegant at the same time [Casually elegant?]. I love the DM basket.
    I'd love to try to make your DH's Babka but I never have luck making things with yeast. The best I can do is thaw frozen bread dough. I can make a mean soda bread and Irish Tea bread though. Thanks for sharing.
    NanaK

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

What a wonderful table! I am officially petitioning CTS to bring one to CO! I thought I was content to have a Kirkland's store open up here again and an Ikea opening in the fall but, I reallyreallyreally want a CTS now! I *heart* the ruffled chargers! DH's Babka makes my mouth water! TFS!

Kath

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Just a beautiful table! Love the polka dots and all of your accessories too!

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

When you posted your "bargains" on another thread, I thought for sure I would be seeing a polka dot t'scape with "red" ... Betty Boop even came to mind! LOL! And, now, here's such a pretty table with yellows/plaid! So Springy!

The linens are so pretty with the dotted napkins & also the yellow polka dotted candleholders! Just enough yellow with the frilly chargers & t'cloth skirt & those cute egg S&P shakers! And the black stemware & flatware finishes the placesettings perfectly! Good thinking on the centerpc...love that you used the extra dishes & of course, fresh flowers! A really lovely table, Kathleen. TFS! Jeanne S.

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner
More Discussions