Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janet1_2007

I am missing my friends

janet1_2007
13 years ago

I decided that it was time for me to come out of my shell and tell you wonderful friends what has been going on with me, that I haven't been posting for awhile. I have been reading all your posts and oohing and aughing over all the pretty tables and vinguetes, but this has been a very depressing spring for me. I had told Karen and Kay, but just couldn't bring myself to share with anybody else yet that my DH has been diagnoised with alzehimers or some form or dementia, sence the only real diagnosis of az is made post mortum. His DM died with Alzeheimers so the Dr is pretty sure tha t is what is happening with him. He was put on medication; but couldn't take it for the side effects. Then my middle son had a bad bout of kidney stones and gout. He had to have stones crushed and spent a week walking with crutches from the gout. He's doing much better now, but for a while it was rough. Everything combined has just zapped all my energy and creativity, but I am trying to get a little motivation to do something---anything ! Please keep me in your prayers, that I will have the strength and wisdom to deal with the changes that I will have and please pray that I will have the patience and courage to be able to help DH through this. And THANKS for the few minutes of distraction that I get from seeing all the wonderful things you post You are all so very special. Janet

Comments (10)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

janet...so good to hear from you ...I'm a firm believer in the old adage that a "shared problem is a problem halved"...the same goes with a "shared heartache." Will certainly keep you, DH & your family in good thought & prayer through this next journey of life. Am glad that you come & visit & get a "few minutes of distraction..." ...my heart cries for you during this scary time. Bless you, janet. Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

janet... - you've been missed.
    I'm sorry to hear about all you're going through. I'm sure, this must be so upsetting for you and your
    family and also painful to write about.. -
    Like Jeanne, I feel that sometimes sharing your pain and heartache with others,
    can in ways, ease some of your mental burden.
    There's always someone here in our little 'family forum' to listen and lend support.
    It's also healthy 'for you'..to stop by and escape, for a little bit... just to say hi -
    My heart and prayers are with you and your family to help bring you strength and carry you through.

jane

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Janet, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time. - Marylee

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Janet, I am glad you were able to post and let the others know you need some extra prayers. Even tho things will slow down here after Easter, and until Fall pretty much,
    please try to drop in when you can.
    If you need distraction this is always the best place to come for it.
    We not only laugh together, we cry together as well.
    You're part of our little family and important to us.

Please take care of yourself too, I know you take such good care of everyone else in your family.
    hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Janet, sounds like you will be making alot of new life changes and it will not be easy. Keep up the faith and let others help you through it. We care and will always be here for support.

The Golden Years aren't always as beautiful as we'd like them to be. Take care and I'll be sending prayers to you and yours daily. Prayers Go Up and Blessings Come Down. Let us know when you need that extra hug!

Punk

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Janet~

I am fairly new to this forum, but not new to the heartache that you are living in. My DD had dementia and now my FIL, so I have firsthand experience with the illnesses you speak of. I too am glad that you shared your troubles with the group as now we can keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. Sharing your burden with others is good for your soul and I have found this group to be very supportive of one another. Don't know if you're interested in "garden junk" or not, but we have a great group on that forum as well and we're like family there too and there are usually lots of posts especially in good weather.

I would like to offer to you to feel free to email me if you need someone else to talk to, ask questions of, or just generally whine too...I'm a pretty good listener and since I know where you are in this, I can certainly feel the pain you're going through.

God Bless You~

Marlene

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Janet,
    So sorry to hear that you are experiencing such troubling times.
    I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and please know you have been missed.
    Please remember to take care of yourself!
    This is a great group and always ready to send you as much emotional support as we can!!

I think the previous posts have pretty much said how much we care and want to be there for you.

Candy

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Janet, I'm so glad to see you posting. That's a first step to getting some "normal" time back in your life--or at least it has been for me. I can't tell you what a blessing our emails to each other have been since both our DH's have been diagnozed with Dementia/Alzheimer's and seem to be at about the same stages. I know that at first I just wanted to crawl in a hole somewhere and pretend it wasn't happening. The hardest part was learning that it is progressive and there is no cure. If you are like me, you suddenly realized that your whole world had changed. It is so great to have people like Marlene who have been through it and are willing to share their experiences to help us sort of know what to expect and how to handle things. Marlene, I'm so sorry you had two loved ones who had it. The doctors sure don't tell us much, most of what we've learned are from books and the experiences others are willing to share. Janet, you know you are in my thoughts and prayers too, and we can keep sharing our experiences and offering each other encouragement.

Luvs aka Kay

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Janet, I'm sorry to hear of the difficult time you are going through. Life sure throws us some curve balls doesn't it?
    I'm sure the Lord will give you the strength you need.
    This forum has been the best medicine for me. I hope it can be for you also.
    I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    NanaK

• janet1_2007
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, everyone for being so caring and understanding. You will never know how much this means to me. I know DH is in denial and I think was to, just unable to believe this was happening to us. You are all such caring people and I know as my world shrinks because of this illness that I an going to need all the support that I can get emotionally. Kay, your emails are priceless to me; I knew from the get-go that this is a progressive thing from my time being a hospice volunteer. Maybe that is why I am having such a hard time dealing with this. Marlene, thanks so much for the offer of a shoulder to lean on, I am sure I will use it frequently. Karen, you have been so sweet ' worring about me when you had such heartache yourself. All you ladies in our little forum are so special. My heartfelt thanks and just keep us in your prayers. Janet