Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

What wedding? Its Arbor Day!

christmascandy
12 years ago

I found these dishes at a TS and thought they were perfect for Arbor Day.

Each leaf that is pictured on the dishes had a name, ex: sycamore, birch, maple, rowan, etc.

I used wooden handled flatware, and twig napkin holders to stay with the theme.

Every item on the table, including the linens, is a TS treasure except for the votive candles.

I used a faux tree as the centerpiece (of course!)

Happy Arbor Day everyone!

Candy

Comments (10)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Thank you, candy, for remembering Arbor Day! I spent time outside today (yeah for a good weather day in IA) & didn't even realize it was Arbor Day.

Your new TS dishes are wonderful to celebrate the day! And mixing the natural colors in your linens works good ... adding the twig rings & wood flatware...perfect!

This is a very pretty table...LOVE#the candle holders & your faux tree sets the stage for your t'scape! Pretty glassware & layering of placesettings! TFS!

Here's my Arbor Day pic from today (even if I didn't know it was Arbor Day!) This is in my Secret Garden in the pines & I was admiring how TALL this Corkscrew Willow had grown by the log swing ( tree is a gift from our son a few yrs back)...so, Happy Arbor Day to you, too, candy! (sorry, no decor)...Jeanne S.
    {{gwi:138496}}

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

What a pretty table setting for Arbor Day Candy..

'Leaf' it to you to find dishes with 'Leaves' and the name of the tree their from. I'm always blown away when you put a table together 'so perfectly' from TS items.
    Love the colors and the textures you chose..they work beautifully with this theme, and your faux tree as the 'Guest Of Honor'..fits in perfectly!

Jeanne...I love your 'Secret Garden' hide-a-way. It's such a lovely place to sit and enjoy those beautiful pines or just snuggle up on that swing with a good book.

jane

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

DITTOing what Jane said. I love the soft greens of this table, and those dishes are wonderful. Your TS tables just continually blow me away, they look 'expensive'.

By the way, I was looking again at those Dollar Tree pastel dishes from that blog I shared...and realized the gal did a perfect CANDY SHOT. LOL.

And thank you for celebrating Arbor Day, not only do I love trees and anything OUTside...if I'd heard one more word about 'that wedding' today I'd have screamed. All the stuff going on in the world, and in the US right now, and the BIG news is this marriage?!!! Give me a break.
    Sorry for being a sour puss, but I think it should be on the fashion or entertainment part of news, not lead story.

Off my soapbox, LOL. Candy, I love your table.
    hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Wonderful table, Candy, those dishes are great. The colors and accessories you used are just right for Arbor Day. Love the centerpiece!
    You are so talented at putting together the perfect tablescape. KEEP THEM COMING!

Jeanne, your secret garden is terrific, the perfect spot to while away a hot summer afternoon with a good book and a cool drink.
    NanaK

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Candy, see the little yellow birdhouse on your plates rim? I have a couple of plates and cups with that birdhouse on them. Mine are by Gibson, are your's Gibson also? It caught my eye because I had painted a wooden birdhouse to match them.

The topiary made the perfect centerpiece and I really like your candleholders. You have such a nice collection of tablecloths, seems you always have just the color you need. This table is just perfect for Arbor Day. Good job! Luvs

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jeanne, your secret garden looks lovely. That willow obviously likes it there too! Do you use twigs from it for decorating??

Jane, very punny! LOL As soon as I saw the dishes, I knew they would be for Arbor Day because they have so many different trees leaves and names of the trees around the borders. I apologize as the picture showing the plates is kind of fuzzy, and doesn't show the details very clearly. It is hard for me to tell when I take the picture as I am just looking at the teeny tiny screen on my camera and can't really tell if its fuzzy until I download it, : (

Karen, I thought about trying to do a Royal Wedding table, but really wanted to set the Arbor Day table as I had it planned from when I bought the dishes last fall.

Nana, the topiary tree usually sits in a corner in my family room, but I borrowed it for this table.

Luvs, I remember that table and how cute it was with your matching birdhouse!! I found those same dishes at a TS and snapped them up so fast it would have made your head spin. I have been looking for the right birdhouse to paint, because I am "flattering" you by imitating your table, LOL
    I love anything birdhouses and bird cages. The Arbor Day dishes are Country Garden, 8856, but it doesn't have the Gibson mark.

Most of the tablecloths and linens I use on my tables are TS finds. I had some white, Easter, fall, and Christmas ones before I joined Enablers R Us here, but almost all of the colored ones I am using now have been TS finds in the past year.

Thanks everybody,
    Candy

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Candy, such a serene, quitely beautiful table scape. It is such a restful, relaxing ts. Love the dishes; they sure make a Earth Day statement! TFS Janet

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

Great table, and it's perfect for your sunroom. Those dishes are very pretty, I love that color of green. Those candle holders are really nice too. Sorry I'm late to post, just can't seem to get caught up lately.
    Frou

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Lovely table...perfect for Arbor Day or any day. You have the best luck finding linens at TS...I never seem to be able to find anything good around here. Love the topiary centerpiece too!

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Candy, your Arbor Day table is great. Everyone has already said everything I'm thinking. Oh the twig wreath napkin rings are super on this table too!

Jeanne, thanks for sharing your Secret Garden in the pines & your Corkscrew Willow tree. Looks like a nice place to spend time.

Thanks again for sharing another table for us to enjoy.

Punk

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus
More Discussions