Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Karen, Here is my Masters Table!!

christmascandy
13 years ago

I created a tablescape for the Master's golf tournament using my TS plates, and a piece of fabric from the TS that I made into a tablecloth and napkins.

I downloaded a Masters LOGO, copied it, and used it in the center of the salad plates.

The green goblets are also TS.

The coasters are small greens with golf balls on them.

I made the greenery arrangement using a wire golf ball practice basket and filled it with silk florals, 3 old golf clubs I cut in half, and real golf balls that I drilled holes into and put on wire to place in the arrangement.

The golfer statue is a TS find. Then I had to include some azaleas, and my magnolia compote (for Magnolia Lane) is holding a small Hallmark ornament of Arnold Palmer.

Each setting has a golfer spreader to use as a butter knife.

Of course, the Masters Show is on the TV!!LOL

I can't get a true candyshot as the chandy is in the way.

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (12)

• valleymagpie
    13 years ago

Candy,
    What a great theme! This looks like a table at the Masters' Luncheon! The canape spreaders are so cute and I love the tablecloth and napkins. The TS plates have that "official" look to them in this setting, too. What did you do with the Masters' logo? Is it just sitting on the plates? Or did you decal it or something? Looks terrific!

- Magpie

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Gosh, candy, I think you may have created some vignettes or tables w/this Masters' theme before!!! WOW! What alot of work you did for this table...the linens are wonderful...to not only create & sew them but to iron & fold napkins so neatly! WOW!

And the centerpc! Tee time! Oh, I don't know a thing about golf...but everything on your table looks GOOD & "green" to me! Placesettings & flatware & glassware seem more than up-to-par w/table linens! TFS! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Candy, wonderful job your Masters table. Seems like you put your all into it. Bet you loved every minute of it huh? What are the odds you would find all this golf stuff at TS. Lucky You and Us! Coasters are so cool and love the spreaders.

The place settings look great. The Masters LOGO's you made and placed on the plates was a wonderful idea. I love how you even drilled Nike golf balls for the cp. Your magnolia compote with AP is sweet.

So glad you set a table for us to enjoy.

Punk

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Magpie, I copied the logo several times onto a sheet of paper. Then I placed a piece of clear packing tape over them and cut them out and used double sided tape to stick them to the plates. It is obviously only for the picture, it wouldn't work to eat off of, but made for a cute photo.

Jeanne, I had found the fabric and was actually planning the table when Karen posted that other golf themed table. It took longer than I planned, cause some life happenings got in the way.

Punk, thanks, I have a few golf themed items around the house!! I just had to gather them up for the table. In fact, I have golf decorated rooms! LOL

Thanks y'all. (I think that's how they say it in the south, around Augusta! grins.)
    Candy

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Candy, I really enjoyed looking at this table!! You put so much time and love into creating it. The fabric for the tc and napkins is perfect. What a clever idea taping the Masters logo to the plates, they look so official! I love the golf balls attached to the goblets. Those little spreaders are too cute, and the centerpiece is terrific.
    I'm sure I forgot to mention something, but I'll be back to look at it again.
    TFS
    NanaK

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Wow! It all looks so great. I especially love that you had one of those wire golf ball baskets to use for your centerpiece, and it was very clever of you to cut the golf clubs and drill the golf balls to get them in there. You are a "dedicated" tablescaper for sure. Your tc, dishes, glasses, silverware, and those cute butter spreaders all set the scene perfectly. Nice that you had some golfers to add as well. Great job! Luvs

• dreamgoddess
    13 years ago

Candy, your table looks fantastic! What a great find on the fabric and I love your centerpiece.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I'm in total agreement with all the others. That centerpiece is fantastic!! And the tablecloth! And EVERYTHING else!
    You are a golfer's dream girl. LOL. (maybe I better quit telling my DH about you!)

Did you get my email about the EASTER GOLFER NUTCRACKER on eBay? I couldn't believe that. No one bid, maybe he'll relist it. It was so stinkin' cute.

{{gwi:77274}}

• ladypat1
    13 years ago

That is just beautiful. I love those rich, jewel colors. And that centerpiece is just clever!

Pat

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Nana, the little golf balls on the goblets are actually corn holders, but they worked quite well to hang on the lip of the glass.!

Luvs, the wire basket was a Christmas present that had a bunch of golf items in it and then all covered with cellophane.

DG, thanks, the fabric was exactly enough to make the tablecloth and 4 napkins!!

Karen, I did see your email in time, but decided I had better NOT start another collection, LOL. Since I have a few golf themed items around the house, I just had to gather them up for the table, and print out the logos.

Pat, the CP is one I made that usually sits by my fireplace.

Thanks everybody,
    Candy

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Candy, you created a 'FUN' Table!
    So many clever touches. Love the CP and that Golfer statue on the bowl..is so cute. That tablecloth just sets off the whole theme and is the perfect backdrop for everything. Great idea for the Logo on the plates and those cute butter knives (only you could find)!!
    You did it again!!

jane

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Candy, what do you mean "another collection"...LOL. You need to learn to JUSTIFY like I do! You already have golf stuff, Easter stuff, and Nutcrackers, so this guy was a Three-for-One deal.
    Thats my story and I'm sticking to it! Cause if she relists him, I just might have to get him myself. ;o)

hugs, Karen