Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plainjane425

Easter Decor # 2 (pic heavy)

plainjane425
12 years ago

Here's a few decorations I put together -

I still have some to do with DGS..he's 7 (the only one who's interested now)... and wants to help..so hopefully tomorrow we'll do it together.

In the meantime..

My Kitchen counter - kept it very simple with just 1 Vignette. I used a 3 tier dessert tray that was a gift from a friend...The cupcakes are from CTS.. and look so real -

the Choco Bunny - CTS - last yr. Flowers were from Michael's last yr too!

Did the mantel..Please ignore the 'Winter Art'..I still have to change it out - and also ignore the crack in the wall above the print...it was from an ice blockage during the winter behind the wall of the chimney.

Finally - Front hall buffet -

Large bunny was a CTS find on clearance a couple of yrs ago

and the glass bunny was from GW last yr.

Large Cloche also CTS last yr..It had the nest inside and I added the eggs. DH seperated the glass from the base so I could take out the nest and put other things inside the cloche.

That's it for now...got to get 'hoppin' to keep up with the rest of you!

jane

Comments (15)

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Really cute 3 tier stand. Those tulips and cupcakes look so realistic.
    How fun that DGS wants to do some decorating with you.
    Making memories together!!
    The eggs were a good additon to the cloche.

It is all quite lovely.

TFS,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Oh my, already I was speechless over the hutch, now you show all these decorations. The counter vignette is WONDERFUL. You are so good at "layering" things. I can't seem to get the hang of that and admire seeing others show how lovely it is.

You've got some great bunnies, especially the big brown guy on the hall buffet. Love him! My kinda bunny!

I remember when your DH took apart the cloche for you.
    Whatta guy! I'm afraid it would have been in pieces had mine tried something like that. Not that he would, LOL.

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you Candy and Karen...you both made me feel that all my 'cussing & fussing' was worth it!

Candy..you're right about making 'memories' with my DGS.
    Right now, he's the only one who really likes to get involved in anything we do and also notices Everything! I get a kick out of that...I hope he really does remember it all one day.

Karen..As far as the big brown bunny being your kind of bunny...before I got him, I had YOUR bunnies on my mind.
    It was love at first sight when I saw your collection..and when I saw this guy, I swooped down on him like a hungry fox!! lol
    As far as layering things...if you saw me setting up that display, I looked like Lucille Ball in a comedy skit. Everytime I moved something, the whole thing would topple over...it was very frustrating until the final moment...I was mentally exhausted afterwards!

jane

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Everything is truly beautiful. - Marylee

• ladypat1
    12 years ago

Beautiful decor. That 3 tier arrangement really draws me in and makes me want to look at every detail. Your mantle in wonderful too. You have a great bunny collection, my favorite is that brown one on the mantle.

Pat

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Wonderful displays, Jane. You have a such good eye for arranging things. The three tiered stand in your kitchen is delightful.
    I'm glad your DGS wants to help you.
    NanaK

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to resist taking a bite from your kitchen counter vignette! That is just so-o-o-o delectable! And your tulips spilling over are so Spring-y!

I love your brown bunnies, too...& that cloche holds a special memory of your DH disassemblying it for you. Always enjoy seeing your front hall buffet decor! & that mantle is gorgeous! TFS, jane...sit back & relax ...except for your fun time with DGS today! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

I'm like Karen...speechless already, and WHAM! You did even more! LOVE all of the decorations....your hall buffet is so elegant looking....thanks so much for sharing your home. Very lovely~

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

All your kitchen goodies look good enough to eat, very pretty. I love the cloche with the nest, it looks so Springy. I have that same brown mantel bunny, yours looks great with the brown rimmed plate. Have fun with DGS, wish I had one.
    Frou

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

I'll say those cupcakes look real! I never saw those at CTS.
    I remember that cloche too, amazing dh could get it apart!
    It all looks so Springy! You have a wonderful touch, just enough and not over done!

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jane, Fabulous job decorating. It looks so elegant. Beautiful picture of your hall buffet looking into the DR. Should be in a magazine. I agree with everyone else's comments and I love it all.

Punk

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you Marylee - Pat - nana - Marlene & Frou -
    for your lovely comments. I'm glad you enjoyed looking.

Jeanne..Kathleen & Punk -Thank you too, and good memory on the 'Cloche' episode with DH taking them apart and me being amazed the glass didn't break. I wish I bought a couple more of the big ones :(

I'm getting a kick that some of you have the same feelings I do about the faux cupcakes! I see them everyday, and it's hard not to take a bite..they ARE so tempting. Even the DGKs keep wishing they were real!

Kathleen..I saw the cupcakes only one time at CTS and that was in early March...at $1.29 ea... they must have sold out pretty quick - Even tho it was so early in the Season, I was glad I bought them when I saw them.

jane

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

My favorite of your bunnies is the little guy holding the basket on your mantel. He's so cute. I actually have one of those little three tiered trays like your's but have only used it to hold food items. Love how you decorated yours and added it to the vignette. You have some really neat vintage looking cards too. Not sure why, but the chicks are really catching my eye this year--no, I'm not going to start another "obsession". LOL Everything just looks lovely, Jane, good job.

Luvs

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the nice compliments Luvs.
    You know I've had plenty of occasions to use that three tiered tray (had if for 4 yrs) and this is the FIRST time I'm using it! Now I'm thinking how great for Vignettes.
    Seems like many of us are loving those chicks this yr..and I'm sure next year we'll be seeing many more of them here.
    As far as starting another 'obsession'...what's one or two more of anything....lol

jane

• valleymagpie
    12 years ago

Jane,
    Where to start? Your decorations are always so wonderful. I love the way you incorporate the "vintage" touches such as the little rabbit and cart in your kitchen vignette. I also love the tulips behind--what a way to greet the day.

With regard to the winter picture, I'm glad I'm not the only one...

Oh, those basketweave-border plates. Guess I'll never find them west of the Mississippi! Your big brown bunny is just precious.

Well, I'm scootin' over to Easter Decor #1 (why do I always read these things backward?)

- Magpie

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm
More Discussions