Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Spring Table and Buffet

phonegirl
12 years ago

I reset my table and buffet after Easter with some of my newest things. The new tea set w/cups and saucers were part of the set. It matches my silver rose chargers from TJ Maxx. The set was on sale for $7 at Ross so I added them to my collection.

Also picked up both green birds and mercury candle holders on my buffet on clearance. The new plates and place mats are some DD bought me. The one set matched my new green bird pretty well. I've had the green candle holders but they never seem to look right on my tables but this time seemed to be fine.

I haven't had the time to play as much as I'd like but it's always fun to share my latest settings. I'm hoping to change this out soon so that's always a reason to take pictures and post.LOL

Punk

Comments (10)

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Punk, your buffet and table are lovely.
    The touches of green you used are perfect with the silver rose chargers and tea set.
    The delicate eyelet napkins look gorgeous paired with the green ones.
    Are the napkin rings elephants, or are my eyes playing tricks on me?
    I love the way you layered your place settings.
    The green candle holders are just right for this table.
    Mercury glass is so pretty, it a favorite of mine.
    I think the teapot candle holders are sweet.
    Seeing this beautiful table is a great start to my day
    Thank you for sharing.
    Nana

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Punk, I agree with Nana..your buffet and table are lovely.
    You've collected so many nice mercury pieces and that
    new tea set w/ cups & saucers and matching chargers...all elegant looking.
    DD knows just how to shop finding those pretty plates and placemats. 'Good Girl' !
    I like how you layered them and your napkins -
    Yes Nana...I see elephant napkin holders too! lol
    Beautiful job Punk...enjoy it for awhile...uh -
    do you have some extra time to come do one for me??
    The bus is All Gassed Up !! lol

jane

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh punk...yup, I noticed the 'elephant' napkin rings right away, too! You always add something 'unique' & different that wouldn't cross my mind to use in this pretty, eloquent t'scape!

The napkins are laid out so lovely! & such pretty, pretty place-settings! I love all the stacking of plates & those pretty square ones on top is just the finishing touch!

Perfect tea set & cups w/those chargers! a WOW factor! And your glassware is wonderful on this table! Love those birds, too ...and, as always, your candlelight & flower arrangements! You are very talented & also it's so fun to see what your DD brings home to you, too! TFS, punk! Enjoy! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Nana, Jane and Jeanne, thanks for all your sweet comments. Those are elephant napkin rings from Pier 1. I used them since I had so much silver on this table. My thinking outside the box again.LOL

Don't know if any of you remember my lg elephant figurine I have but found these napkin rings after buying that and an elephant print. I always thought I'd use them all together for a vignette but that hasn't happened.

Nana, glad you enjoyed a ts this morning. I so enjoy seeing all of yours. I love looking at tables and decor.

Jane, I'd love to come and see you! DD told me that if I didn't want the placemats that she would take them. I may give them to her since I'm running out of space.

Jeanne, you always comment on my lit candles and now you have me hooked. I do it knowing you enjoy seeing them.

Thanks again ladies.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

That pretty plaate on top of the chargers really caught my eye--so pretty, as are the new ones from your DD. Now how could I miss elephant napkin rings???? I had to go back and look for them after reading the other's comments! It all looks really pretty, and your green lamps fit perfectly. Luvs

• oldalgebra
    11 years ago

Punk,
    This table looks just like one my mother would have set - and you can take that as the highest of compliments from me. It looks so pretty and it's obvious that you thought it out, as the buffet and table go so well together.

The silver-looking chargers??? Do they have a story?

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Luvs, the top plate is by 222 Fifth and the pattern is Love Poem. The elephant napkins rings are really shiny and should be used on a circus table but not sure I'll ever try one. Thanks for the comment on my green candle holders.

OA, talk about making one feel GREAT. I sure needed this tonight. I'm just getting home. Had a few grumpy customers today that needed attitude adjuments. Was all good in the end tho.

The silver-looking chargers??? Do they have a story?
    Yes they do. Once upon a time a lady came to the Holiday forum. She loved all the beautiful tables and decor that was posted. So one day while shopping at TJ Maxx she came across these charges for $3.99 each. She bought them and has enjoyed using them on her tables ever after. The End LOL

Thanks for the comments Luvs and OA. You made my night.

Punk

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

This is just so elegant and gorgeous!!
    I think I have that same tea set and I have looked at the cups at Ross, but managed to resist so far! LOL
    The chargers are wonderful and the napkin rings are just the right touch of whimsy.

A circus table sounds like a fun idea!

TFS,
    Candy

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Love the no-nonsense story, punk...of your chargers! LOL! ;-) Jeanne S.

• kathleen_li
    11 years ago

LOL on the chargers! I am glad you are enjoying them!
    Pretty table, Punk, and I especially like those lanterns and how you used them!

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio
More Discussions