Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

Retail Therapy, again. Picture heavy!

Purplemoon
12 years ago

Goodwill Finds. Mercury glass candleholder! And other "treasures" . I wasn't going to buy any more Cherubs , I have enough now. But this one was fairly big, $1.50. I couldn't pass it up!

{{gwi:1421732}}
More from GW. (Sm sparkly purple ornaments in the container.)

{{gwi:1421733}}

A cute, and heavy, Snowman with Cardinals....and a delightful Christmas-Winter plate that is full of animals. Bears, birds, penguins, foxes, bunnies, etc. I just love this!

{{gwi:1421734}}

Brand New ornament photo frames from GW. Never opened. Box says from Costco.

{{gwi:1421735}}

Big, 12" high, Easter Bunny from GW. $7. Wooo Hooo. He looks new, came in original box and styrofoam packing! Also says Costco on the box.

{{gwi:1421736}}

These 9 little resin bunnies were on eBay, tho seller said they came from Lillian Vernon previously. Last year or longer ago. They are just 3" high each.

{{gwi:1421737}}

White pair of Old World Bunnies. I had the standing one, bought him several years ago when I got the larger brown pair. Then I showed you a 3rd brown one, that matched my pair, from eBay.

Well to my total surprise, this sitting white one came on there and matched mine too. WOW. I didn't even know I was 'missing' part of the sets. LOL.

{{gwi:1421738}}

Old World Bunny pulling cart. From eBay. Guess you can tell OW Bunnies, and crackled ones are favorites of mine.

{{gwi:1421739}}

From eBay recently, the Old World Bunnies in Basket...now they have a ceramic carrot, from a friend on GJ Forum. (Who also sent me some other cute things in our GJ Spring Fling gifts.)

{{gwi:1421741}}

Easter Golf Nutcracker. LOL I'm so glad Candy passed on this guy, I am thrilled to have him.

The Easter Tree and lil Peep can easily be removed, so he could be out other times of the year.

{{gwi:1421743}}

Last week, on a not-so-good day, a box showed up holding gifts from Luvs. She'd told me she had a pair of the green Bordallo bunny salad plates that matched my other pieces and was sending them to me. But she didn't tell me she was sending me some CUTE bunnies too!

Thank you, Luvs! A great surprise, and the salad plates match my scalloped-edge bread tray perfectly! Oh darn, I just realized I left out two things Luvs also sent. A wonderful Xmas Cardinal Bell, and a beautiful little Cherub. She DIDN'T know, but this was one I have been looking for on eBay to "complete" my collection. He's holding a little bird and has a bird nest on his lap.

{{gwi:1421745}}

My bunny cabbage plate like Jane's arrived....I nearly cried. The seller put it in such a small box that the sides touched and it got shattered. Thank you Post Office! A good seller however, she immediately refunded all my money, including the shipping. I am going to try to re-glue it and hope for the best. Maybe with all the design on the cabbage plate, it won't be too terribly noticeable. I just can't bear to throw it away! But getting it broken sure ruined my day, after spending a year trying to find one of these.

{{gwi:1421747}}

hugs, Karen

PS

About my favorite Fairy on Unicorn Jazz broke back in Dec. Another one came up on eBay and I got it. I was sure I'd not find another one like it, and it was my really special fairy figurine. Thank goodness for eBay! I sure lucked out replacing this piece.

{{gwi:1421748}}

Comments (12)

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Karen, so many treasures!! You really hit the jackpot. Everything you got is truly wonderful. You are so lucky to complete your set. Hope you can fix your cabbage plate. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Wow, Wow, Wow!!

You got some really great treasures. I like all of your old world bunnies and LOVE those Bordallo plates.

I'm glad you got the nutctracker. I only put mine out at Christmas and he would have been lonely around here, LOL

What a bummer on the broken plate. It is really a cute piece, so hope the repair doesn't show.

That fairy is gorgeous! I'm so glad you found another. I'll bet it goes inside a display case now, LOL
    Trouble reminds me of an old movie, "That Darn Cat."

Glad you were feeling up to joining us.

TTFN,
    Candy

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, that bunny/cabbage plate! Sad! Happy to hear you had a good seller! Hope her next pkgs come thru better for others! You've definitely got some good "finds" on e-bay...all the pics you've shown here...they are all so CUTE! I love your "Old World" bunnies, too. Great finds at GW, too! You did hit the jackpot this week!

What lovely gifts from "luvs"...esp those plates! So very pretty & will look forward to seeing them in your vignettes. Hope the new week will be a good one for you, PM... & that the fairy on the unicorn brings you more luck (like finding her!) TFS! Jeanne S.

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

Wow, you found wonderful things. Remember that zap a crack stuff Tam used on the bunny J sent her years ago? You could fix it!
    I think you are going to need some more storage!

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Wow Karen...that's quite a 'Therapy Session'...and I'm sure still cheaper than one with a 'Dr' and a lot more fun!!
    Love all your great finds. I've always had 'Bunny Envy' from your collection. I'm amazed over the ones you keep finding. I love the large white one that says 'Costco'...also your Old World Bunnies and especialy the one with the cart. The two with the basket and the carrot is really nice too...in fact I love ALL your new bunnies. I can't get over you finding an 'Easter Golfing Nutcracker' !..First time I've seen one of those.
    Very thoughtful of Luvs to send those two Bordallo plates and then throw in the cute bunnies too...what a sweetie she is.
    Too bad on the cabbage bunny plate. I'm sure you can patch it up with glue/paint and then some nail polish over it..I know it hurts tho to have to do that, but it's worth a try.
    Finaly, I'm glad you were able to find another fairy figurine to replace the one Jazz broke. That has to make you feel good...she's a beauty.
    Now that I've seen all your new goodies..seems you had a very productive Therapy Session Karen....
    I see you smiling from here!!

jane

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Gang. Glad you like the latest bunny explosion here. Kathleen, I remember how well Tam repaired that bunny! Hope I can be so lucky. A tip I heard long ago was to paint the edges before gluing, so I'm definitely going to cover the white pottery with a green color first.

Candy, how could you not have a Golf Nutcracker out in all your golf decor? LOL. Actually seeing that this gal just added a removable lil' Peep and an Easter Tree, makes me think how easy it would be to decorate this Golfer for any holiday. Hmmmm!

As for Jazz aka Trouble...sigh. I remember the movie "That Darn Cat", but Trouble would have to go in the censored version of "That Da** Cat". LOL.
    I wonder if this might be a baby photo of him I found online? He was about 8 months old when I adopted him, so this could explain a lot of things....
    LOL

hugs, Karen

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

No wonder you've been missing in action (shopping action) the last few days. Wow! I'm so glad you found another special unicorn fairy, she's beautiful. As is all your other goodies, too bad about the bunny platter, be sure and show us your repairs. Luvs is such a sweetie for sending you such treasures, I inherited a pair of the tall bunnies like that from my favorite aunt. Great finds, have a happy Easter.
    Frou

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Holy Moly, Karen, This is a bargain bonanza!!! Great finds. Sooo many cute bunnies, I especially like the Old World style ones. Pretty Bordallo plates Luvs is so thoughtful. I love the Unicorn Fairy I'm glad you found a replacement. Hope you can repair your bunny plate, it is so cute! Poor little Jazz, I wonder if he had a hangover?
    NanaK

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

WOW...what can I say? LOTS of great treasures! Love all of the bunnies and I'm betting you can fix that bunny platter...I know you can! The fairy and unicorn figurine is really great too and all of your wonderful gifts from Luvs...VERY pretty!

Glad you had such therapeutic success.

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Wow, Karen, you found some good stuff at your TS. Those ornament frames would work for place cards on a tablescape you know! Hint hint. LOL

Lots of good bunny stuff, I love the one with the basket on his back and the one with the cart too. How great you were able to find the mate to one you already had. No way you could leave that cute little cherub behind. That plate is so nice and is perfect for an animal lover like you. So sorry about the bunny plate, sure hope you can fix it. The fairy on the unicorn is gorgeous---bet you were just sick when the first one got broken! Glad there was a replacement and you got it. Glad you've had some much needed fun retail therapy, and it's good to see you posting again.

Luvs

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Karen, so glad that you are getting out again and getting a little therapy. You sure racked up on neat things. Many more therapy sessions like this one and you will be in the market for a bigger house. I love the old world bunnies . Thanks for the tip about painting abefore you glue. Why didn't I think of that? After rasing my 5 (4 of them boys) and having 9 gks, I have had my share of gluing. TFS JANET

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Karen, I'm loving all this and it belongs to you.LOL So glad to see all of your neat buys and Luvs wonderful gifts! Ironic that she sent you something you were looking for before you bought it. Happy for both of you on that one. Luvs knows you pretty well from all the wonderful gifts she sent. Wish I had more time to comment in detail on this but I seen I still have a few more posts to look at.

I would of never thought to paint the edges before gluing either. Thanks for the tip.

Punk

Sponsored
King Construction Company LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Loudoun County, VA Custom Builder for Equestrian Facilities
More Discussions