Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maximavswife

The calm of lavender

maximavswife
13 years ago

I put together a simple table today using my purple Churchill transfer ware that I got at Ross last year. I have heard that this pattern is no longer available so I am glad I was able to get a set of dinner plates, salad plates and bowls. The lavender pitcher was a ts find that I got last July when thrift shopping with my oldest, dearest friend. I filled it with some Michael's flowers and lavender toned feathery picks purchased on clearance. The glasses are Candlewick and the flatware is my go-to vintage silver plate. The candlesticks are from DT and the napkins, place mats and napkin rings were gifts from DH. When DH saw the table he said it was very calm and yet springy :). So, here is my calm lavender table:

Kath

Candy shot :)

Comments (9)

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Kath, beautiful table. I'm so glad you bought the Churchill dishes when you had the chance. I keep thinking about buying the blue set but so far I haven't given in. Love the lavender pitcher, flowers and feather picks you used for your cp.

So fun to have you posting all your wonderful tables and decor.

Punk

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

I agree, very Calming !
    I love transferware and those plates are beautiful in the lavender. Too bad they've been discontinued, but lucky for you to get the last of them.
    I think your CP flowers are very dainty looking and the vase (I love)...is pefect for them. How nice your DH adds pretty accessories to your tables with great gifts!
    It all looks very lovely.

jane

• maximavswife
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ah thanks punk! After spending the day gardening, putting a tablescape together is relaxing, if that makes sense :) I still have to do a spring table as well as an Easter table. In laws are coming for Easter dinner and MIL has already said she can't wait to see what I do :) DH and I hope to convert the formal living room into a true dining room this summer. I can hardly wait to put a table together and be able to leave it to enjoy for awhile. Now, I do a tablescape, take photos and then put it all away :(
    Kath

• maximavswife
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you for the sweet comments Jane! Yes, DH is as much of an enabler as my dear friends here. He has put up a wall of shelves in the basement for all of my table things! Yep, step back girls, he's taken! LOL :)
    Kath

• janet1_2007
    13 years ago

Kath, beautiful! Just pack it up and bring it to my house. I am in desperate need of some "calm". Janet

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Well, your table certainly spoke "calm" to me, too...1st pic, I fell for your pitcher that you found w/your friend! Beautiful! And the flowers/whispy picks, too! Then the Churchill transferware...WOW!...very beautiful! Everything looks very lovely...nice way to end your day! TFS, maxi! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

So glad you were able to get the dishes, they look so nice. I like your centerpiece too, those wispy picks are great! The whole ts looks so serene and calm--perfect.

Luvs

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Kath, How lovely. This is the first time I've seen purple transferware. It is so pretty. The Candlewick glassware is a favorite of mine I've collected many pieces over the years to go with my DGM's. The lavender pitcher is just right for your cp. Ahh, how sweet of your DH to encourage you! I really enjoyed seeing your calm lavender table.
    TFS
    NanaK

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

What a lovely table Kath....the pitcher and arrangement are so pretty! I love lavender...wish I could get it grow better in my garden. Your dishes are beautiful too...love transferware of all kinds! Very nice job!

Sponsored
Columbus' Home Design Experts Specializing in Custom Cabinets
More Discussions