Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Easter's Coming...Spring has Sprung on My Porch! (pic heavy)

jeannespines
13 years ago

I showed you this pic awhile back of the centerpc on my porch table...today I worked out there & got it lookin' quite Springy! (It snowed here last night after 80 deg last weekend!...thank goodness, it melted today!)

I found this framed pic I had stashed away...& added it to the Hoosier cabinet...it's an old calendar page...anyone remember those red straw cowgirl hats!!! The barnwood frame is one DH made me many yrs ago & I left it in it's natural state:

On top of the Hoosier, I fixed up this basket vignette of dried flowers ...& that bright Spring vase...a find sometime ago at HLobby:

Here's a fullview of the Hoosier cabinet...Dollbaby insisted that she be a part of the Easter/Springy porch decor...so I brought her out. That's a couple bags of onion sets that will hopefully be planted within a week or two:

And my first tulips had bloomed today...even with the snow...so I had to bring one in:

The cloth bunny that I bought at a TS in Feb found a home w/that green TS basket on the shelf of the wall cabinet:

And on the other shelf I added some "green" ... the egg in the green pottery has a light in the bottom & it changes color!

The print is a GS find of a hummingbird...they should be coming next mo or so...so I added that Springy green print:

And the chicken/egg plate sits on the electric stove beneath the wall cabinet...that plate was one of the 1st things I bought after coming on this forum ...from TJMaxx:

Here's a full view of wall cabinet area:

Well, I'm half done! So I'll end here with these words of wisdom:

"There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE." Linda Grayson, "The Pickwick Papers"

TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (11)

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Jeanne...everything looks ....JUST LOVELY!
    I think the Hoosier Cabinet looks so pretty with the soft vintage touches added to it. I always loved that Basket above with your dried flowers, and adding that bright Spring vase.. just brings your eye right up there...Perfect! Love the framed Calendar print..I HAD one of those straw cowgirl hats!! I remember how much I loved the 'fancy lacing' on it! Your tulip is beautiful and I'm jealous because the deer eat them here...so all I can grow are daffodils. That bunny next to the print is a nice touch too. Doll baby looks like she's enjoying a change of view. lol
    Love the simplicity of the wall cabinet and all the lovely things you have displayed on it. Like Doll Baby...seems like a nice place to sit and take in all that tranquility. I like the touches of green - the bird print - the vintage baskets and birdhouse. All displayed very nicely.
    Seems like you had a nice day to 'Play'..you did a great job on everything Jeanne...I really enjoyed it all.
    I hope this means you're feeling better.

jane

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Jeanne, everything looks wonderful! - Marylee

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Yes I remember those red straw cowgirl hats. LOL. Thanks for reminding just how old I am. NOT.

Everything is just so pretty!! Love the last picture especially with all the green and white.

Jeanne, I have to tell you...I sometimes get such a kick out of the fact that all the time we've known each other on Garden Junk, I had NO idea what a decorator you were till you came here and showed us all your creativity and talent. Thanks for all the joy and fun you've brought to my life.

hugs, Karen

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

I agree with Karen, I "knew" you from Garden Junk too and had seen your outdoor creations which were great. Now it is so fun to see how you change things out inside for each season/holiday too. Dollbaby looks really excited to be on the porch with all the spring things. Love how you did your shelfs and the cabinet. I love that cloth bunny you found, so cute. Thanks for sharing. Luvs

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Jeanne, very tastefully decorated and looks like you can leave it all out for awhile. One of my hydrangeas is coming back so hopefully I'll be able to dry some one of these years. Your tulips are way ahead of mine. Ours grew alot this past week in between snow storms and sun tho.

Jane, red tulips are the only ones the deer don't care for at DD's!LOL She finally quit planting the other colors for this reason.

Adorable picture...I also had one of those red hats when I was a little cowgirl. DM use to make all of our fancy western shirts growing up. Most of the time we wore Levis and cowboy boots too.

Hope you get better every day. Several have bronchitis and whooping cough around here. I'm blaming our weather for this! One has to wear layers to be comfortable these days.

Thanks for sharing all the wonderful decor with us. I sure enjoyed looking.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Jeanne, Your porch looks great, and Dollbaby looks so happy to be out of the house and enjoying your decorating.
    NanaK

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, jane, marylee, PM, luvs, punk & nana!

WOO-WHOooo! I am glad some you remember that red straw cowgirl hat! I think I got that calendar page at a GS or something...cause I saw it & *****a memory from the past! So many yrs ago I framed it in that old barnwood frame!

(blush) on your sweet comments, Karen & luvs.

Tulips are a deer's best lunch, I think! We have deer, too...but sometimes I get lucky w/blooming tulips! So, "red" sounds like the way to go, punk!

Dollbaby saw me working out there yesterday when I made the mistake of opening this trunk next to that white rocker:

That did it! She wanted to be on the porch! LOL! Glad you all enjoyed her antics! Thanks, holiday-ers, & I am getting so much better! (& DH, too). Jeanne S.

• janet1_2007
    13 years ago

Jeannie, I am so envious of your porch! I don't have a real porch, just a very small one in front and back. My dream is to someday build a deck, but right now any big dreams are on hold. Dollbaby looks so darling.I love the hoosier cabinet; but I really like your shelves too. Everything looks so springy. TFS Janet

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Jeanne...your porch decorations are so pretty! LOVE the hoosier and all of the things you have displayed there...did you paint the hydrangeas on the hoosier doors...love those!

Dollbaby looks right at home in her rocker! Wish my mom had kept my rocker like that. And all of your arrangements and things on the shelves are beautiful! And the little cowgirl picture is just perfect...I remember those red straw hats...I think I may even have had one...can't remember if it was red or blue though....my cousin and I were always trading stuff. TFS!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, janet & marlene...appreciate your comments!

janet...things get put on hold sometimes (it's ok), take good care of yourself & DH & enjoy each day...happy that you are on here with us!

marlene...the doors on the Hoosier are poster prints that I decoupaged on them...this is the 2nd time I've done that over the yrs...the Hoosier has been a game cabinet all of it's life at our home...it came from my G'ma's estate. It was kind of funny cause when I inherited it, it was painted a milky white & I got busy & stripped it all down to get the natural wood...well, that was a mistake...the wood was not "good" wood...nor did it look nice at all...so I turned around & re-painted it! All that work for naught! Too funny! & it's been that way ever since! Jeanne S.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

You must be feeling better, because you are doing some awesome decorating on your porch. The calendar print is adorable, I have a whole drawer full of old calendars that I can't bear to part with. Your hoosier looks pretty, but what I really like is the green and white pottery and the chicken dish pictures, it's magazine worthy. I've been very tied up at work and just got back from a camping trip and haven't had one minute to post. I'm glad you got your bunnies and they gave you a boost, they look super on your buffet. When I saw how rustic they were I thought of you. I've got to get busy and post my Easter decs, but the yard keeps calling my name.
    Frou

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
More Discussions