Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

OT....a little brag

Purplemoon
12 years ago

Most of you know I've shown dogs (Whippets) for over 35 yrs and had to quit last year as the Fibro had me too crippled in rgt leg to do it any more. I can't tell you how much I hated this as dog shows were my Life pretty much all this time. Anyway, every March there is big Whippet Specialty show here and this past one they asked ME to judge the Sweepstakes (pups 6 months to 18 months) classes!

I can't tell you what an honor this was!! I was asked to do

this last Fall as they have to plan ahead. Tho I'd lost my Dad just two weeks before the show, I told them I would still judge. He was so happy I'd been asked to do this.

The owner of the young Whippet I picked for Best in Sweeps just did an ad on her win and sent me the professional photo with it.

I am so excited I had to share. I'm now in a big Whippet magazine ad as the JUDGE this time, in the past I was in ads with my own dogs, so this is quite a treat for me!

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: dog show judge_Me

Comments (11)

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Karen, WoooHoo! This is quite an honor and so glad you shared this with us. I'm sure they were all tickled you accepted the judge position with all your expertise.

Punk

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Yeeha!! Look at you all famous and stuff! So glad that you did the judging...yes, your dad would have been very happy about that I'm sure!

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Congratulations!!
    What a great honor and how cool that you were featured in the ad! You look gorgeous!
    I know absolutely nothing about dog shows, but I'm sure they knew what they were doing selecting you as the judge!

Here come da judge, here come da judge, order in the court cause here come da judge! A little Laugh In reference, LOL.

What did the judge say when a skunk walked into his courtroom??

Odor in the court!

I am sure your Dad is beaming with pride!

Thanks for sharing and way to go!
    Candy

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, Karen...Wow...what goes around comes around...such a honor for all of you... breeder & judge. Beautiful photo & write-up...Yes, like candy said, "Dad is beaming with pride!" TFS! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

La De Da! Well now that IS something to 'Brag' about indeed! Congratulations on such an honor. That's a great photo and article too.
    I'm so happy you got to do it and agree that your Dad
    'IS' so happy and proud.
    jane

• yachter123
    12 years ago

Karen, what an honor & look at you, one hot momma blond judge, if you ask me.

It's strange how things come into our lives that are things we'd be so happy about, if they hadn't come at a time when we really can't enjoy them like we really should.

I think you did it for your dad & were able to enjoy it for him & yourself! Glad he knew about it too!

So gald you shared this with all of us!

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Karen, What an honor for you!! You look lovely. I'm sure your Dad was smiling down on you. Whippets are beautiful animals.
    Yachter, Glad to see you here!!
    NanaK

• valleymagpie
    12 years ago

Karen,

You look great! And what a beautiful dog. I don't have a dog, but a dear friend has shown her Irish setters for years and I know what an honor this is!

Funny how things come along to "distract" us from our current situations. How wonderful that your dad knew about this and I agree with all, he is surely smiling now.

- Magpie

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

I'm so glad you agreed to do the judging. You sure picked a beautiful winner too. And how fun that you got your picture and your name in the magazine. You go girl!

Luvs

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

Congratulations, Karen! Came at a perfect time to lift your spirits too! So happy for you!

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, Everyone. It was good to share this with you. I have no aspirations to do show judging (not that my body would let me) but this one day was such fun and it had meant a lot that Whippet people had voted on me as their judge choice. I was relieved when it was over and heard from others there that I'd done a good job. Whew. When you have classes full of really nice dogs, its hard to choose who's the best. A lot of my friends judge and they were all supportive. Some of the best Whippets in the country were here, with their VERY well-known owners, which is a bit intimidating. I appreciated them entering under me.

Seeing how white my 'blond' hair looks is a bit scary tho.
    LOL. Usually I hit the bottle (L'Oreal) but the last 6 months I've been letting it see what color it wants to be on its own. Eeeeek.

Yacht, dear friend, thank you so much coming here and posting. That means a great deal to me.

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
More Discussions