Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

Missing OA, our Lynn and Lynne, and Yacht

Purplemoon
12 years ago

I know Yacht is still needing lots of prayers as the family problems continue and the stress is overwhelming.

But where are our other gals? I miss them!

hugs, Karen

Comments (9)

• phonegirl
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Karen, I've been missing seeing posts from all of these Holiday friends too. Hope you can jump on here and let us know what's going on in your lives.

Sending warm thoughts and prayers to all of you!

Punk

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

I agree.

Come out, come out wherever you are!!

Candy

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

I miss them too.
    Lynninnewmexico did post over on the home Decorating side on Friday though.
    Hope to see them back here soon

• valleymagpie
    12 years ago

I agree with everyone. We need you back, and we're here to support you!

- Magpie

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

OA and I met up at a craft show last week. She's okay, just keeping busy. Both of us mostly bought small items, mine were to use as ideas for making more--maybe! Luvs

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, good news, luvs! Happy to hear you & OA got tog! Fun! Jeanne S.

• lynninnewmexico
    12 years ago

I'm here . . . at least for a moment! It was nice of you all to think about me. I miss everybody and this great forum a lot, but have been so darn busy these past few months; I don't get much time on the Net lately. And, I haven't been doing any special tables and no house decorating, except painting DD's desk and credenza black two weeks ago.

We spent some time on a trip here in NM in January and then in February I spent a week in the Tarpon Springs area at my parent's winter home there. More to help them out with Spring cleaning and some weeding, while trying to talk them into moving back to live in Michigan full-time again. They're now in their early 80's and not able to keep up with the heavy work around their Florida home. No luck so far, though, but it was a fun trip anyhoo.

Flew back and apparently brought back a lone bedbug from the airport. No bites, but it was alive and very identifiable. Still, what you have to go through to make sure you've gotten them all is nothing short of a very long, exhausting, expensive (and creepy) nightmare! Please be careful when you travel these days. You don't want to go through that!

DS called the other day to tell us that he's proposing to his girlfriend this weekend. We're happy for them both as they, and DH & I, head into this next life phase. I'm going to be a mother-in-law!

Emily is now busy with end of school time, her tennis team and the annual Spring round of concerts with her (not school based, but private)chorale group and it's new spin-off group of only high-school girls. The group's name is River Voice, which I think is lovely.
    I sit on a few committees for the school, which seem to be taking up so much of my free time lately. I'm the head of one large parent group and have been nudged into the spokesperson for them, as well. I'll be glad when summer arrives!

Speaking of Summer I'm, as always at this time of year, in the midst of planning our big week-long family gathering at the beach on Lake Huron in Michigan. Our clan keeps growing with new babies being born to my nieces and nephews, as well as new spouses as our children marry. Unfortunately, the place we stay at doesn't grow and so it's my job to find places for everyone each year, to help plan menus, events and to pay all the bills, as I'm the executor of our family's reunion fund. We're hoping that DS and fiancee will be able to make it this year.

And, being a glutton for punishment, we're taking our newly-17 y/o Emily on a Spring Break trip to Galveston Island's beach soon. I've been busy researching everything and making those arrangements all this week. At this point, I'm both looking forward to the relaxation, gulf views and fresh seafood . . . and dreading trying to keep our luggage and ourselves bedbug-free!

Hopefully, things will calm down (at least for a while) once Emily's out of school for the summer and I can get back for some serious time here. Till then, I hope you all are well and have a great Spring.
    Lynn

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Lynn, Glad you found time to pop in and let us know you are OK, just really busy.
    NanaK

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Lynn, Great to hear from you. You are a busy lady and we will be here waiting. Quite the read! Hope you will have pictures to share with us when you have time.

Hope the rest of you let us hear from you too. We miss all of you.

Punk

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative General Contractors
More Discussions