Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Not an ugly duckling!

christmascandy
13 years ago

This is the other tin sign I found at a garage sale for $1.

The little ducklings are some I made in ceramics many years ago.

Miss Bunny is one I showed last year, but some members may not have seen her. I added the sugar egg in the compote. I have had it since I was a child, so it is over 50 years old!!

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (11)

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

That tin with the chicks is wonderful, and I love miss bunny and her egg topiary tree! How neat that you have been able to keep that egg for such a long time, you must really pack it away securely each year. So tell me about the topiary, did you make it yourself? I love how you have the dried vines wrapping around it. Luvs

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Very beautiful, candy...what an entrance...love it! & lovwe your other new tin, too...bargain heaven! Jeanne S.

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Luvs, the egg topiary tree was from a thrift store last year. I didn't need to do anything to it. It looked jsut like that when I found it. Usually the TS items need some "touch ups" but not in this case.

Jeanne, I really liked those signs when I found them. I just had to create vignettes for them.

Thank you both.

Candy

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Candy I'm always amazed over what you find at TS's and their 'Like New' condition!
    I too love that tin sign (vintage look) my favorite.
    Miss Bunny ain't too shabby either.. In fact she's quite lovely all decked out and that topiary goes perfectly with her.
    What a lovely entryway you've created.
    jane

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Candy, everything looks lovely. I really like your decorations. It is wonderful that you have something saved from your childhood. That doesn't happen often enough. - Marylee

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Candy, I love the look vintage look of the tin sign.
    Miss bunny certainly looks proud to be all dressed up in her Easter Finery. The topiary tree looks wonderful with her. Your sugar egg is a wonderful keepsake, how lucky to have had it for so long.
    You have created a wonderfully festive entryway.
    Wonderful job as usual!!
    NanaK

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Looking good! Love the chick tin and the Easter egg topiary and your egg is beautiful and in such great shape! Ms. Bunny is looking very festive herself...and yes, I agree with the others..you amaze me at what you find at TS and in such great shape.

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Love that sign and your bunny is well preserved for her age! :)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

What is 50 yrs old...the sugar egg? bunny? or compote?
    I'm confused! LOL!

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Candy, your new sign is wonderful. Fun that you still have your little ducklings you painted way back when and they go so well with this sign.

The bunny, tree, candles, compote and 50 yr old egg is beautiful together. Love the colors on these and the reflection in the mirror is a great shot. NICE!

Punk

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OOPS, sorry for the confusion. My bad.

The sugar egg is over 50 yrs old. It is one of the ones that have a little vignette inside and a clear end to look into the interior.

Thanks for the sweeet comments. They are much appreciated.

TTFN,
    Candy

Sponsored
More Discussions