Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Easter Brunch T'scape on Porch (pic heavy)

jeannespines
12 years ago

I set an Easter Brunch table today ... because I really wanted to use my Stuebenville "Woodfield" leaf pottery plates & cups made in the 1940's.

Last Sept. I bought 1 plate & cup for $5 on vac in MN at a consignment shop (didn't know what I was buying...just LOVED the shape, color & texture of it!) Then I added 2 more settings late in the yr & now I've been watching e-bay & really lucked out on some good buys! (no one bid against me!) So now I have 11 plates & 7 cups in 3 of the 4 Woodfield colors. YIPPEE! The "salmon pink" color is the 1st one I bought...here's a close-up on brunch table:

I started out w/Chicken egg plate that I bought at TJMaxx when I first came to the Holiday forum (never would have guessed back then that I would be joining the 'Enablers R Us' group...raised it on a tulip planter I've had for some yrs. I added this t'cloth used on a former round table I had on the porch...table is oblong but pattern looks beautiful anyway! The eggs I got on clearance for $2.50 doz at TJMaxx recently & the t-pot is GS find...bunny is for sugar & borrowed 1 of Dollbaby's spoon's for it:

The rest of the centerpc is serving dishes...this TS bowl find last yr & bunny S&P shakers while on vac:

Here's a place-setting:

The linen napkins are GS finds & they are very beautifully stitched & embroidered...the bunny napkin rings I got last mo at HLobby 50% off so $4 for 4...each 1 is a diff pose:

And here's a full view of the Easter Brunch t'scape...maybe would have looked ever better on a "round table"...but this table seats 6 w/piano bench on far side for Gr'kids!

Here's the other colors I just recently got (2 stacked tog)...I am missing the 2 cups for the "Tropic Green" or "Jungle" (more bluish, I think)...so I put 1 of my Bailey cups on it (also one of the first purchases when I found this forum!) LOL!

And here's two stacked tog of the "Golden Fawn" (or yellow-ish):

Ok, I've rattled on...I just had so much fun doing this t'scape & feeling better! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (10)

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Jeanne, everything looks wonderful! So pretty! Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

What a lovely table!
    Putting that egg dish on top of the tulip planter is so clever! It looks like a really expensive designer item.
    The napkins are very elegant looking and the bunny napkin rings are just too cute.
    I agree that the tablecloth looks very nice on that table.
    Your Woodfield pottery is perfect on there and glad to hear you got some good buys on Ebay.

I'm so glad Doll Baby let you borrow the spoon!

What's for brunch? I'm hungry, LOL

TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jeanne, what a pretty table. Love the color of your table with the tc, leaf plates, cups, candle and egg cp. Adding the white teapot, bunnies and serving dish are the perfect additions. The bunny napkin rings and napkins are wonderful. I like where you placed them too.

You have really added to your collection and all the colors are so neat. The Bailey cup looks good on the blue one. Fun seeing a new table and your Stuebenville "Woodfield" leaf pottery plates & cups tonight.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Very pretty, Jeanne. So fresh and Springy. That tablecloth is perfect with your Stuebenville dishes. The egg plate and tulip planter are perfect together. Your napkins are so lovely, and the bunny napkin rings are really sweet. I like the colors of the other dishes and I think your Baileys cup looks like it belongs with the plate.
    TFS, this really brightened my day.
    NanaK

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Jeanne, first off I'm so glad you are feeling better at last! You sure had a long bout of that flu!

I think your bunny napkin rings are so sweet. It's neat that each one is a different pose. Don't you just love the stitchery on those napkins? Those sure were a good find. How neat that you were able to add to your collection of the plates. They really are such pretty colors. Your table looks so nice, thanks for sharing. Luvs

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Jeanne..you did it again!...
    Such a lovely Easter Table that's so pretty and so inviting.
    I love the soft colors of your tablecloth and all your pretty accessories. I remember when you got the first cup and plate in the salmon pink...lucky for you to find more on Ebay to make a 'set'. They look just wonderful with all your sweet Easter Bunny accessories.
    I think the Chicken egg plate paired with the tulip planter fits perfectly together...Great idea.
    Your napkins are so delicate looking and were such a great find..I like how they look with the bunny napkin rings...
    I love white on white, and with the touches of soft colors, you've created an elegant look!
    I really enjoy looking at all the lovely things you've collected and how you (play) with them...lol
    Keep them coming!

jane

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Such a beautiful table Jeanne! Love the tablecloth, the dishes are gorgeous and all of the decor...love the bunny egg plate and the eggs are so pretty too! The whole table is so inviting....love the soft colors too...bet it was a great day for your family!

• bonnieann925
    12 years ago

The colorful eggs in the egg dish are darling. Those linen napkins are lovely...they look like they are really a quality linen. It's a beautiful setting!

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

What a pretty table, of course I love the pink. The white really shows up great on the pink tablecloth. I love the chicken and eggs. The dishes are really you, hope you find the missing pieces, it's always nice to have something to hunt for.
    Frou

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Candy...Our brunch was just DH & I ...& sorry to say, but not REALLY sorry to say...we didn't use the table cause it was a sunshiny Easter afternoon & we got to go outside & play in the dirt! So the table is still set! I would love to have Kathleen's menu at my table...if she could send the food over the Internet! LOL!

Thanks marylee, punk & nana ...you gals make my day, too, by looking & commenting! punk...I've been looking for a couple small plates in a color to match the Bailey cups...so I think these do work!

luvs, thank you...I am so glad to be over the crude! (more than 6 weeks worth!)...that doesn't usually happen & I had a flu shot early, too...yes, those linens are really pretty...maybe some of that work on those are called "tatting" besides the embroidery...they were a bargain & I've had them a few yrs now.

Thank you, jane, marlene, bonnie & frou...the last 4 plates w/cups I got on e-bay for the same $5 place setting I pd for my 1st one in MN...so I was a happy camper! And just the wk before that I won a bid for 4 plates w/2 cups for $8 but $10 shpg...so that was close to the price...I was happy again! They do come in a "gray" color, too...so I may luck upon a couple more sometime...like you said, frou...the "hunt" (is fun!) Jeanne S.

Sponsored
More Discussions