Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

TS 'Cupcakes!'

christmascandy
12 years ago

I found 10 of these Gibson cups at the Habitat TS for .40C each with my senior discount.

I thought they would be perfect for actual "cup"cakes.

I made these for my DGD's B-day.

Everyone thought they were really cute.

I used 2 boxes of strawberry cake mix and pink frosting. Large M & M's are the centers of the flowers. One cake mix made 6 of the "cup"cakes.

Each cup holds 1 1/2 cups of liquid and they are dishwasher and microwave safe. They were large enough that they required actual cake baking time, not cupcake time. I sprayed each cup with cooking spray and the cakes came out easily.

!/2 of each cupcake was enough for a full serving.

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (13)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh my...those are just the cutest! Thanks for sharing the recipe! The frosting decor & M&M are perfect! Great $$$ find on cups! TFS, candy & bet DGD loved 'em! Jeanne S.

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

Just the cutest "cup"cakes ever! You are thrifty and talented!!
    Kath

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Love the soft pastel green of the cups. Someone sure did a cute job of icing those cupcakes too, was that you? Love how cute they turned out. Luvs

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Candy, DGD's cupcakes are darling. Wonderful decorating job. I really like your cute cake plates you displayed them on. Hope your BDay party was fun after all that work.

I'm sure DGD will remember her cupcakes in the cups Dear Nana made forever.

My dd just informed me she wants to have Easter at her home this year. She said DGD thinks Santa, the Easter Bunny, etc only stops at Nana's. Guess we'll change her way of thinking. This works for me.LOL

Punk

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jeanne, she did love the cupcakes, and she and her 4 yr. old cousin ate the M & M's off of the ones that were left.

Kath, I used to decorate cakes a lot more, but just don't seem to have the time to do as much now. Thank you.

Luvs, I did decorate the cupcakes. Thanks for the compliment. The cups are actually white, it is just the lighting.

Punk, the cake plate is an Easter one that I found at a TS and matches some pieces I bought on clearance at HL after Easter several yrs ago. I set it on top of a silver tray that I use for parties to hold the rest of the cups.

Enjoy your day at DD's. It will be nice for you to have the day off for a change.

Thanks everybody,
    Candy

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

Now, that is SO clever. I really like that idea. A person could pick up a number of tea cups and keep them handy to bring to people for birthdays, get well soon gifts, congratulations, etc. Probably couldn't find ones as big as yours, but that's OK. I'm going to start a collection of cups-for-cake-gifts tomorrow! Thanks, Candy.

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Candy, I agree with what everyone else said.
    Your "cup"cakes are adorable and you did a great job decorating them.
    Your DGD is a lucky little girl.

Punk, enjoy Easter dinner at your DD's
    Nana

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

So pretty Candy..and SO clever!
    I love the soft color of the cups and how you
    decorated the cupcakes. Lucky little DGD!!
    Thanks for all the info on how you made them too.
    I'm tucking this great idea away for the future...
    Thanks.
    jane

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

OA, The only caveat I would say is to avoid any cups that just say "made in China" just because of the lead problem with Chinese products. If they are a name brand that was made in China, then they are probably OK.

Nana, Thank you, I am a lucky Grandma too! Gannon was 6 and she was very appreciative of "her" cupcakes!!
    Also, baby Dylan just got her first tooth!!

Jane, actually the cups are just plain white, but as OA said, you could find different theme cups and decorate accordingly.

Thanks again,
    Candy

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

OMGoodness...how cute are they?! LOVE them!

• yachter123
    12 years ago

Candy, those are just adorable, at first I thought the cupcakes were ceramic & part of the cups they are so perfect!

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

I'm super late to the Cupcake Party...but those are the neatest cupcakes ever! I love them. And like Yacht, I thought they were ceramic at first. ;o)

hugs, Karen

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

Lovely Candy! When I posted that cupcake idea a while ago, people were amazed you could bake in cups!
    Yours came out great!

Sponsored
More Discussions