Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Mr. McGregor's Cabbage Patch

christmascandy
12 years ago

This is my kitchen table with a Peter Rabbit theme.

The Bordallo cabbage bowls and the cabbage teapot are TS as are all the plates, goblets, napkins, silverware, candlesticks, and the Peter Rabbit items. The Peter Rabbit cup is Wedgewood.

The watering can is one I have had for years and use in my outdoor decor.

The flower pots and the brown placemats to symbolize garden soil are also TS. I used TS bunny spreaders as butter knives.

I made the zucchini bread as muffins to use in the flower pots.

The Peter Rabbit with the fence is a TS find as is the stuffed Peter hiding in the watering can. The stuffed one is musical and plays "Here Comes Peter Cottontail."

The carrots are from Doll. Tree and are filled with powdered candy. They would make great noses for Snowmen too!!

The cup and saucers are from my wedding china. The Peter Rabbit book is TS. Mr. McGregor has hung Peter's blue coat up to use as a scarecrow!!

I had to avoid the chandelier to get this shot, LOL!

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (12)

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Gosh, Candy, it is hard to believe that you found those cabbage bowls at the ts. I think I've told you before that I really love those top two white plates, love the scallop edges and the raised textures. Everything just looks perfect together. Thanks for the great "Candy shot". ;o) Luvs

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Candy, that is adorable! So many things to see and enjoy. - Marylee

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Candy, your Mr. McGregor's Cabbage Patch table is great. Love your zucchini bread muffins in the pots. Bunny spreaders are so cute. Peter Rabbit w/fence is nice and I love the extra jacket for a scarecrow. The blue accents are pretty with this table.

Wonderful job layering the plates for this table. So many pretty patterns in white that fit together perfectly. The Bordallo cabbage bowls with carrots and br place mats are great. Your teapot is adorable and love the village.

Fun table and so much to see! Oh, the garden tools and water can are super. I think I have that same Peter Rabbit plate that DGD used.

Punk

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

Candy,
    I agree, such a fun table and such wonderful uses for things I would have never thought to use. Muffins in the pots? Brilliant :)

Kath

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

I just have one question.....WHERE do you go thrifting?? OMGosh...LOVE the bowls, teapot and all of the other Peter Rabbit decor....can't believe they're TS finds! I need to go shopping with you.....

Beautiful table!

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Candy, You've done it again. This is the cutest table, you really have the best TS!! I never find things like that. Great idea to hang up Peter's jacket. Brilliant idea to use zucchini muffins as soil.
    Love it.TFS
    NanaK

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Luvs, I have 4 of the cabbage bowls, but only 3 of the scalloped plates, so this tablescape worked well as I set it for 3 and use the back for the CP area. Definitely more of a challenge getting the candyshot on this table, LOL

Marylee, thanks, I appreciate your comments.

Punk, in the story Peter loses his blue jacket escaping from Mr. McGregor and so Mr. M hangs it up as a warning! Peter also hides in the watering can, so that is why those elements are part of the scape.

Kath, I made the zucchini bread to take to Easter dinner, but made some as muffins specifically to fit into the flower pots. There used to be a restaurant at Cherry Creek mall that had the most delicious flower pot bread, and I always thought it was a great idea.

Marlene, I go to over 30 different TS as I travel. It increases my odds, LOL.

Nana, the fact that the stuffed Peter had a jacket I could remove, allowed me to hang it up as was done in the original story. The zucchini muffins would look cute with a silk flower or an Easter lollipop stuck in them too!

Thanks everybody.

Candy

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

Cute, cute, cute, I love it. The little blue jacket is adorable. The dishes all look great and the black place mats really make a great backdrop for all your lovely plates. Also I like the blue accents with it, very pretty.
    Frou

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Another winner Candy! Love the layering of the dishes and all your creative touches. I have the same bordallo bowls...from TJM...and to think you got them, the cabbage teapot and ALL your wonderful accessories,at TSs is amazing!
    I love the theme of your table. This was one of my favorite stories to read to my class ea yr..
    You did such a cute job on everything and it looks like you had fun putting it all together too.
    jane

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

This is a GREAT Peter Rabbit table!
    My 1st thought (envy) was the cabbage bowls w/the miniature carrots & then you go & tell us they're candy filled...what a great accessory for your placesettings!

And the muffins...wow, love the "earthy" feel w/terra cotte pots & your placemat...& the muffins add to that feeling!

And then adding the "blues" in your 'scape...perfect...nature, skyblue flatware, napkins & of course, Peter's coat! This is just such a FUN table, candy...lots of thought & great TS finds! Love it! TFS! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Candy, that is the prettiest cabbage patch I've EVER seen!
    Your thrift store finds and prices are always jaw-dropping.
    I'll never stop being amazed at what you bring home!

And this table, so imaginative... even to hanging up Peter's jacket! I love it!
    You ROCK, Girl.

hugs, Karen

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

You have great TS there, no need for a CTS! I love the cabbage bowls and the teapot is adorable!
    Adorable table!

Sponsored
More Discussions