Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Daises and Diamonds

nana2010_gw
13 years ago

No one in my family has a birthday in April, but DD#3 said I should do an April BD table anyway. April's birthstone is diamond and the flower is Daisy. I had no idea how I could pull this off until I remembered seeing these 20 karat stones at CTS (who knew?] I searched and searched for glasses or plates with daises on them with no luck. I was about to give up when I found these treasures. They are garden mosaics on black chargers. I didn't know I could think outside the box. LOL. I used crystal candleholders for more sparkle and dazzle.

Happy Birthday to anyone celebrating an April Birthday!!

NanaK

Comments (15)

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

nana2010, Thank you! I had #75! - Marylee

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Are those daisies "stepping stones!" You certainly are smart, nana...to think outside the box, as you say! They look WONDERFUL on your black chargers!

Your linens are so pretty on this table ... the t'cloth & those carat napkin rings! Too RITZY! And all that candlelight in the crystal, too...more RITZY! Champagne or wine glasses...RITZY! Bring on the GLITZY! You did it, girl! POSH! TFS! Jeanne S.
    (my DDad's had an Apr b'day...so I'm thinking of him)

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Nana, DH's BDay is friday so I just showed him his table you set. He said it was pretty but I think it's beautiful! What a pretty tc and the gold place mats, garden mosaics on black chargers and blk napkins. Wow! Fun to think outside the box huh?

The 20 karat stones, all your crystal and daisies are wonderful. When I seen these stones at Ross or TJ Maxx, I wasn't sure how one would decorate with them. I sure like the way you used them on your table tho. Now that's a ROCK! I love your Bling.....

What a fun April BDay table. So glad you are setting so many gorgeous tables and sharing here. I'm smiling now.

Punk

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Very lovely! So elegant looking...really like all of the daisies!

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Nana, this is really a fun table! You certainly did put on the Ritz!! Bling and such a striking color combination!

I love how you thought outside the box. Those black chargers really show off the daisy "plates."

Another great job, go Nana, go Nana!! LOL

TFS,
    Candy

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Thank you nana...mine is on Monday!!
    This table is just lovely..and so glitzy!!
    I too love how you thought outside the box. First I love your tablecloth. It's so vintage looking (like me)...lol
    I also love the striking contrast of the daisy plates with the black chargers..the black napkins with the 'Bling' rings and all the crystal....Then the simplicity of the daisy flower CP. All makes a beautiful table **
    Love it..and Thank you!

jane

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

What a lovely table, I hardly ever see daisy things. I'm a Diamond and Daisy girl too (the 15th) so I really like this table. Those stepping stones were just the ticket and the black really sets them off.
    Frou

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Marylee, Happy Birthday to you! Frou, I hadn't realized we had missed your's too--hope it was a happy one. And Jane, just in case I don't make it here on Monday, hope you have a really Happy Birthday too.

Lovely table, Nana, everything looks just lovely and those daisy stones look great. You could just put the food on a clear glass plate and you are "good to go". ;o)

Luvs

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Nana, that looks so pretty! I saw those rings at CTS too! :)

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

nana, I was so surprised to see an April birthday table that I forgot to tell you how pretty it is. I really like your diamonds and daisies.

Luvs, thank you for your good wishes. My birthday was the 17th and I am still hearing from people. - Marylee

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Frou and Marylee, Happy Belated Birthay!

Jane, early Happy Birthday in case I don't get here (and remember on Moday). Still super busy at work so not much fun time.

Nana, this table is bringing out BDay wishes for alot of wonderful Holiday Girlfriends! Thanks again for this one.

Punk

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

nana, I think your birthday table is a wonderful idea. I enjoy seeing the tablescapes but yours really lifted my spirits.

I also want to wish a belated Happy Birthday to Frou and I had better wish an early Happy Birthday to Jane. At my advanced age, I never know what I'll forget to remember. LOL - Marylee

• maximavswife
    13 years ago

Oh Nana! What a doozy of a daisy table! Love that you thought out of the box and used the daisy path stones! All the shiney things just make it the perfect birthday table! Just lovely!
    Kath

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Everyone.
    I didn't know so many in our little group had April Birthdays. I'm really happy that I did an April BD table!

Happy Birthday Marylee,...Punk's DH,...Jane,...and Frou.

Jeanne and Jane, I have a solid yellow table cloth that I planned to use. When I found this one last week at a store in my town that sells slightly used, vintage and antique things I knew it was the right one.
    Thank you Kathleen, I saw your table on Tablescape Thursdays, Very pretty.
    Marylee, I'm so glad my table lifted your spirits.
    I've been smiling all day [and blushing a bit too] at the wonderful responses I've gotten on this table.
    Thank You All So Very Much!
    NanaK

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Frou and Marylee, very belated Birthdays wishes. I am so sorry to have missed doing it properly. Hope you had good ones and I'm glad Nana set such a lovely table for you.

As soon as I saw the subject of Daisies and Diamonds, I knew I was going to love whatever followed. Wow, great combination, Nana. Its a wonderful table!!
    I have to tell you again how happy I am you're part of our Holiday family. I really enjoy your posts and pictures so much.

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
More Discussions