Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Haviland China Easter Table

nana2010_gw
12 years ago

I've wanted to do a table using this lovely China for a long time. I tried a white Table cloth but that doesn't seem do it justice. This pale yellow on works I think.

The China, flatware and stemware came to me from my Great Aunt.

They date back to the late 1920's or 30s.

From 2012-04-07 (by Eye-Fi)

The placemats and napkins are from a ts. The green plates on the bottom and crosses are from Dollar Tree and flowers are from the grocery store.

I really love this beautiful old china and I'm happy to be able to share it my friends here on Holidays.

Happy Easter everyone.

Nana

Comments (12)

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Nana..you made the perfect choice using the pale yellow
    tablecloth. It doesn't overpower those beautiful dishes
    and compliments all the green touches.
    You are so lucky to have those wonderful treasures from your Great
    Aunt. I'm sure she'd be so happy and proud
    that you still have and enjoy using them.
    Your placemats are very pretty..I like the crochet detail on the corners.
    Lovely CP - who can resist your green vase with lovely fresh flowers!
    I must say, it's been very hard not being able to use any of my Easter
    Decorations or even set a table,
    but I'm enjoying all the lovely things everyone's
    been sharing here!
    jane

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Nana, this is so delicate and pretty. What a lovely gift from your Great Aunt. The yellow tablecloth is the perfect backdrop for the china, and your flowers are the perfect accent for this table.
    The green accents are just enough contrast to complete it.

Thank you so much for sharing this gift with the rest of us.
    Candy

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

Just beautiful! The placemats are lovely. The china is so delicate and beautiful. What a wonderful gift. Happy Easter.
    Kath

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Delicate and Beautiful...I think we all agree on that. The china is just lovely, and I don't think anything could be more perfect for it than the pale yellow tablecloth! The touches of green are just right too.
    You did a wonderful job.

hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Lovely! Looks so welcoming and delicate. Your Aunt's plates are so pretty and your choice of the pale yellow tablecloth is perfect. TFS~

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Such soft pretty yellow roses. Lovely china pieces, Nana, what a special rememberance of your Aunt. Amazing that you already had just the perfect yellow tc, and those place mats with the lovely crochet are perfect too. I love that your bouquet of flowers even have the green flowers in it and the candles tie it all together. You've created a real thing of beauty. Enjoy! Luvs

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Nana, beautiful table and color combo for your Easter table! I agree with everyone elses comments. Your fresh bouquet matches so well and must smell great. Hope you had a nice Easter.

Punk

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, the loveliest of all tables to share is an 'heirloom' t'scape...these are done w/'love'...& that certainly shines thru in these pics, nana! Like the others have said, the pale yellow t'cloth is perfect for the very beautiful priceless Haviland China, flatware & glassware.

Your pics are getting better & better! ...love all the angles you are taking them from & the 'candyshot,' of course. TFS! Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all so much. I'm so glad this table came out the way I envisioned it.
    My great aunt was a dear sweet lady, so gentile.
    She and her son [my cousin] came to many holiday dinners at my home.
    She had wonderful treasures and I am really fortunate to have some of them.
    I have a soft spot in my heart for vintage and antique things.
    Nana

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

I love that china, and the yellow tablecloth looks great!
    Lucky you!

• patricianat
    12 years ago

Very elegant!

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

That china is lovely. It must make your heart sing to know that it belonged to someone you loved. You are fortunate indeed.

The table you've created is a real showcase for your Great Aunt's pieces. Gentile - just like you described your aunt. Well done, nana!

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County
More Discussions