Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yachter123

Spring/Easter centerpiece

yachter123
12 years ago

Hi all, well I'm back somewhat, am doing IDD therapy (spinal decompression) for my back, and am finally out of bed & able to do some things, including went shopping for all these lilacs for my centerpiece.

My table has been bare since last Nov., and it feels good to feel well enough to attempt a little decor.

I'm down from pain pills every 4 hours to a half pill a day & some days none at all. Even went shopping again yesterday for g-kids Easter baskets.

So, here is my first decor in months!

Comments (13)

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

Oh it's so good to see you back and able to decorate again! I love lilacs! I grew up in Spokane, WA which is known as the Lilac City. There would be a big parade every year in celebration of the fragrant flower. Your centerpiece brings back such wonderful memories.
    Kath

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Yachter, what a beautiful cp. I'm lovin' your pretty little birdies, they are darling. Nice to hear some good news for a change on here. I sure hope everything works out for you. Will keep you and everyone else in my prayers.

Punk

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Great news, yachter!...so good to have you back! Wow, what progress you are making! Wonderful! Love your pretty centerpc here ...Lilacs are always so beautiful...I don't know if these are faux or not...so are so pretty. Our Lilacs are getting ready to bloom ..probably a month early here! Such nice weather that I've been outside & haven't changed any Spring decor to Easter yet.

I love the birdies you added & of course, candlelight...such a pretty table! TFS! Jeanne S.

• yachter123
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Kath, Punk & Jeanne, the lilacs are silk, had a hard time finding them, but Joann Fabric had these nice silk ones & Hobby Lobby had the white ones. This will serve as my Easter decor too.

Had a few leftover that I put in my big cloche with a bunny on coffee table & a few in a vase in bay window.

Shopped yesterday & found two things at Kirklands I'm using for Easter,
    A white pedestal cake stand with pink ribbon ( the one that you run the ribbon thru)
    have wanted one for a long time & their spring & Easter was buy one get 50% off the second, so I picked out a large mercury glass vase in pink. Maybe I can get pics of them up too.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

What a huge improvement in you. Especially hearing the pain has become so manageable! I am really happy to know that. I bet getting to decorate really made you feel good too. Those lilacs are lovely, of course you know I'd be nuts about them! ;o)

hugs, Karen

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Nice to hear you are almost pain free finally Yachter. I'm sure it has been miserable for you. Very pretty lilacs and they just say "Spring" for sure. Luvs

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Glad you're up and around and able to enjoy things again! Love the Easter/spring centerpiece...great job!

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Yacht, glad you are back and feeling better.
    I love lilacs and these are so pretty!!
    I'll have to head to JoAnn's and see if they have any around here!

Yes, it is nice to have some happy news.
    Looking forward to more posts from you now that you are better!

TTFN,
    Candy

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Yatch, I'm so glad you are on the mend. I love your centerpiece. The lilacs look so pretty with the green birds.
    I'm looking forward to seeing more of your decor.
    TFS
    Nana

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Yachter..Welcome Back!!
    So glad to hear you're doing well. Sounds like great progress with the pain too.
    By the looks of your pretty lilac CP - shows just
    how cheery you're feeling!!
    Good to have you back..look forward to seeing more
    from you.

jane

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

Gosh, yachter. I'm happy to hear you are feeling better. I can't imagine how you worked through the pain.

Glad to see you back on the forum - and with such a beautiful centerpiece, too.

I'm starting to think about color for my patio pots. Flowers are such a pick-me-up.

• yachter123
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all for the warm welcome back. I can only say I'm extremely happy to be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with this ordeal!

Sorry to not have time to answer & thank each of you individually, but the g-kids are home on spring break this week & I also have therapy 3 times a week, plus spinal decompression 3 times a week, so doesn't leave much time?

Still hoping to get a few more pics taken & uploaded! Have enjoyed seeing everyone's Easter decor!

• milosmom_gw
    12 years ago

Yact: So good to hear you're feeling well enough to get up and about again.
    Yayy!!
    Beautiful centerpiece. Love the purples and the "flow" into of spring and Easter both.

Sponsored
More Discussions