Some friends of my friends had inherited this Henredon
custom Folio china cabinet from grandparents and didn't
have room for it. It has the wire mess doors like my other
antique one with the center open hutch. They were the
sweetest couple ever. Not only did they wait patiently 2
weeks for me to get down there and pick it up, but they
almost gave it to me. I'm just lovin' it and they were so
tickled to have someone like me end up with it. I'm so
looking forward to decorating it for the holidays..

It is so large that I used two sets of dishes to decorate it
this time. I used DM's Royal Doulton- Old Trentham Sprays
and my Euro Ceramics dishes. Added some grapes and
wine. DM's Anchor Hocking "wexford" ice bucket and liquor
decantors. A couple of these liquor decanters are old and
I keep wondering why we've kept them. I'm blaming this on
DH cuz I've ask a couple times if I could throw them out and
got a 'nay.' Must admit was glad I had them today.I will come
up with different ideas on decorating but for now just wanted
it to look like it belonged in our home.

After so many funerals this week, I was a little down and out.
Getting this home and decorated was a pick me up that
I needed. I'm always open to suggestions so let me know what
you think and TIA for looking.

Punk

Comments (10)

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

What a gorgeous piece and it sure found a good home!!
    You are going to have so much fun decorating this for the different seasons/holidays.

I love how you mixed the different patterns of dishes in it for now and look forward to seeing your creative talents showcasing it in the future!

Lucky you to have enough room for an additional piece this large and the ability to decorate it so beautifully!

Congratulations on the addition and thanks for sharing it with us!!

Candy

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Candy, for the sweet comments on this cabinet and decor. I'm not sure I would of taken the plunge if I'd of realized just how big it is. I do have the space tho so it's ok. However, where I wanted to put it didn't work because of the size. It's in 3 pieces so could separate them to fit other spaces.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

WOW, Punk, your new China cabinet is awesome.
    I'm glad you have room for it. You did a great job decorating it for it's debut. The decanters are just the right touch!
    thanks for sharing it with us.
    Nana

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Wow, punk! 1st of all ...I hope you share these pics w/the folks you got the hutch from .... they will be so pleased it found a lovely, caring home!

Next ...this is huge! So cool that it is in 3 pcs cause then you can definitely change it out when you feel the need. I love the combo of your 2 sets of dishes ... & what I really love is the open shelf unit in the middle cause you could decorate that so very many ways & still leave the dishes behind glass doors! The decanturs are cool here!

What a great find ...you will have fun ... yes, very large but like I said, so great that it's interchangable! TFS! Lovely! Jeanne s.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Nana and Jeanne, thanks. I always keep my cystal decanters in one of my other hutches so glad you like the glass ones in this one. They take up so much space that it's nice to get them out. May end up leaving them on here. People who walk in will think we drink alot!haha

I really like the open shelves in the middle too for decorating. The side doors have the mesh but no glass. It's Gods way of helping me keep a clean home. I don't have a choice with all the dust bunnies that fly from our cadets.

Great idea, I will send the owners a picture of it decorated.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

What a fabulous cabinet. WOW, Punk!! You end up finding the neatest ones, and I'm so envious.
    Like you, I'm rather obsessed with china cabinets. LOL. Tho you've definitely got me beat.... for which my DH would thank you. If I wasn't married, I'd probably get rid of all the 'useless' furniture like couches and chairs and buy more cabinets. ;o)

You've decorated this beautifully and I know the folks who let you have it will LOVE seeing what you did. But I can't wait to see what you do in it for various holidays!!

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Wow Punk...what a beautiful cabinet and so huge too!
    I'm amazed you had extra space for it. I think you did such fabulous job decorating it and I like how you mixed the dishes and added those beautiful decanters.
    I agree, I can see you having a ball with this during the Holidays...I'm sure your 'wheels' are already in motion thinking of ways to change it out. What Fun!
    I think as lucky as you are to receive it... I'm sure that sweet couple are so happy it will be in a new home with someone to love it as much as they did !
    Enjoy it Punk...
    jane

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Karen and Jane, thanks for the comments. It will be fun to docorate and you know me, I'll share. I found another old buffet and hutch that have the same yellow color with trees on them but DH said 'NO'!!! I don't care for that word and never will.haha

Thanks, Punk

• GulfportGail
    10 years ago

How nice!!! and what sweet friends.

TFS

• Blogarita
    10 years ago

That is a lovely cabinet and I like the dishes....I even have a few of them too :^)
    Thanks for posting!
    Jaybird

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner
More Discussions