Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Spring Table # 2

nana2010_gw
11 years ago

When I found these lovely dishes at a resale store they made me think of Spring, so of course they came home with me.
The weather has been great the last few days. But we did have heavy rain storms late yesterday afternoon. As the rain passed I could see the grass turning green. So I think it is the perfect time for another Spring table.

From 2013-04-11 (by Eye-Fi)

I got the placemats over a year ago, and finally found the dishes to go with them

The unusual vase belonged to my DGA and I 'm so happy to finally use it on a table. I didn't use a lot of extras because I wanted to feature these dishes.

TFLookin
Nana

Comments (10)

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

Love the soft green you used with your lovely "new" dishes.
    I can sure see why they came home with you! I'd have snapped them up too!!!
    Your DGA's vase is quite eye-catching as well.

This table is simply elegant!

TFS,
    Candy

• beny56
    11 years ago

Nice pictures, the tables are decorated well with harmony, they give us the appetite.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chambre hotes normandie

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Nana...your tablescape is both simple & elegant!
    I know I would have snapped up these dishes too!
    The pattern is lovely and yes perfect for a Spring setting.
    I love the delicate looking coffee cups and saucers. I remember how impressive it was to have a china set with lovely cups and saucers. Seems ever since 'mugs' came out...those delicate c&s don't get used much anymore.
    I'm sure your DGA is smiling from above knowing you're using her pretty vase. Looks like an Art Deco style.
    Thanks for sharing this Nana...
    I always enjoy ALL your tables, and also appreciate that you keep us going here.
    jane

• sunnyca_gw
    11 years ago

Lovely table, love the dishes & I would have wanted them also. The vase really is unusual & so beautiful with tulips in it. I don't think the table needs anything else except someone to sit down & enjoy a meal with you! Jan

• Fun2BHere
    11 years ago

Looks ready for a lovely springtime dinner.

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Ohhh, nana...I am glad you brought those dishes home...they are truly a Spring delight! ...& the placemats are meant to be with your new settings! I like the napkin folds, too & what did you use for the ring? Very pretty gold rimmed glassware & is that gold flatware, too...sometimes the photos fool me.

Lovely vase ...so cool that you are using it here on this Spring table. TFS, nana. Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Nana, those dishes you found are a beautiful for your spring table. It was fun to read you've had your place mats and DGA's vase and they both go perfect on this table so you was able to use them. The thrill of the hunt, right? I bought a new china cabinet today from a friend of a friend.mymy

I too noticed the folded napkins and neat napkin rings. The other thing that caught my eye was the star candle holders. Love them on your table. I'm sure I wouldn't of thought to even try them.

So glad you continue to keep us entertained!Thanks

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you so much everyone.
    Thank you Candy, I'm looking forward to seeing your next table.
    Jane, you are right about the vase being Art Deco style. Aunt Lil was married in 1928. I'm sure the vase is from that time period.
    I really enjoy sharing my tables here. I wish more people were sharing.
    Thank you sunnyca and FUN2BEHERE, for your nice comments.
    Jeanne, the napkin rings are from Big Lots, they there were several different colors in the same box. The flat ware is gold,faux, of course I have several sets of older flat ware and I wanted gold for a table some time back , so I got out the spray paint, [shh don't tell okay?]
    Punk, It is fun to use new purchases with what you already have isn't it? I forgot I had the green placemats until I saw the China. I've had the star candle holders for years and I don't remember where I got them. They were the only ones I had for a long time. I have 4 of them and they have been well used.
    Nana

This post was edited by nana2010 on Mon, Apr 15, 13 at 9:53

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Nana, I now have hope of owning a set of beautiful gold flatware too one day.LOL What a brilliant idea to use an old set and spray paint them. I hope I can remember this if I run across one of my older sets while cleaning this spring and summer.

I have way to many candle holders now that I've been collecting a few years and plan to donate several. However, I love all my star ones and don't think I'll let any go just yet.

We had a gentleman stop by last week interested in buying a cat that DH's work had for sale. Any way he seen my table set and all my goodies and ask if I'd be interested in some figurines he'd picked up at an auction. Of course I said yes and he brought them by the next day so I'll share those. I agree I wish more were sharing here but I guess we'll take what we get huh? I don't think any are valuable but will be fun to use.

It's suppose to be in the 60's next week so I'm looking forward to doing some ys perhaps. I will try to buy only what I can't live w/o tho. I tell myself it's good exercise to run around for a day.ha

We have some new appliances coming so had to do a little extra cleaning. Couldn't sleep knowing this needed done so got up and did it. Now I need to get a couple more winks before it's time to get up and get ready for work. DGD has softball games so will be at her game tomorrow night so knew I couldn't do it then and have been working late most nights. We'll yak later.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

Nana, that table is very, very lovely. Your Aunt Lil's vase is so unique, I bet she's smiling down at you for displaying it so beautifully.

The dishes were a great find! Wow! Sooooo pretty.

Nana, your decorating tables is such a joy to see during these "off" times. I'm still being super guilty of not participating and keep telling you I'll do better. I'm sorry I haven't yet done so. Good intentions....lousy follow-thru! Hope to at least post some pix in the next day or so of some goodies I recently bought. ;o)

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
More Discussions