Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldalgebra

April Shower Table

oldalgebra
11 years ago

If you sit with us, raindrops will keep fallin' on your head.

Here is a link that might be useful: More photos on my blog.

Comments (12)

• maximavswife
    11 years ago

I left you a comment OA. Truly one of the most creative tables I have seen!
    Kathe

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

OA, love how you put all of this together. Such a fun place for you and your retired colleagues to hang out. I'm sure they all know how creative you are. Wonderful that you share all the details too.

Hope you have nice weather for your party. If not you can all sit around the fire and eat smores.haha

Punk

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

OMGoodness...this is TOO cute! Love the cloud and raindrops...so creative! What a great table...so inviting and happy looking!

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

This is just 'drippin' with charm! Your cloud cover is so clever! And I am esp lovin' the take-home planters w/the bright colored Petunias! And the booted centerpc, too...very cute!

Those blue glass gems on the table sure sparkle like raindrops! Wonderful menu...love the chalkboard idea & the lil' umbrellas hangin' around! Dinner plates & bowls are cheery & bright!

Good friends, food & music...no April showers are going to throw a damper on this party, OA! TFS! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

OA, this is just darling. I sure hope your friends are appreciative of all you went through to create this beautiful setting for them! I can just see you climbing around on ladders to get it all hung up. I love the way you did the raindrops and the color of blue you used for them. And the cloud is just fantastic. As always, every detail is just perfect, you never cease to amaze and delight me. Fantastic!

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

What a fun table! I'll bet everyone was singing in the rain, LOL.
    I love your outdoor area and the big menu board.

Is that a real fireplace or a gas one? I'd love to have one of those, but I think it needs the covered patio like you have to make it like an outdoor room.

I'm sure your friends were suitably impressed with your table and their gifts. Sounds like a fun day.

We'll have to get a bus trip organized so we can all come and sit around the fire with you and you can amaze us with all your creative ideas.

TFS,
    Candy

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    11 years ago

OK. I'm still reeling from the plates on Candy's post. I have to get a grip on myself. HA!

Well, it looks like the rain may stop for my lunch tomorrow, but it will be too cold to eat outside. NUTS! I'm going to try lighting a fire and see if it warms things up enough to eat out.

Candy, the fireplace is real, but it has a gas starter. Still need real wood though.

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

Where's the darn bus, I LOVE rain! I love this table.
    I love your creativity. Heck, I even love that the others used up all the good words so I just have to add DITTO to everything they said. ;o)

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

What can I say, OA? You've done it again.
    Lucky for us, there is no end to your creativity.
    This table is adorable. The colors you used are perfect for Spring
    and I love how some of the raindrops are sparkling in the sunlight, just like in a sun shower.
    TFS
    Nana

• janet1_2007
    11 years ago

Oa, I know you were a great teacher--- Your creativity is proof of that. What a great spring table. I love the idea of the rain drops and the little gems you have on the table are a stroke of genuis. I love the little boots centerpiece and the little pots of petunias are such a thoughtful gesture for your friends.I love your patio,the perfect spot to entertain. Hope it warms up a little for your get-to=gether. Have fun, and TFS all your great ideas and projects. Janet

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

OA...What a fun table and SO COLORFUL!
    Cute plates and individual 'garden place cards'...
    even 'Rain Songs'! You thought of everything!!
    I'm sure that cloud and raindrops made a big 'Splash' with your friends!
    I always love seeing your tables.
    jane

• kathleen_li
    11 years ago

Love this OA, left a comment on your blog! So creative!

Sponsored
Cabido Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
DC & Montgomery County's Best in Full Service, Custom Home Remodeling
More Discussions