Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Bunnies & Chicks Galore for Easter 'decor!' (pic heavy)

jeannespines
12 years ago

I've spent the cool morning doing some Easter decorating (since it's 4 days away!) & getting ready for family to come home...enjoying the warm Spring/Summer weather so much that haven't worked inside at all!

So here's my porch bunnies & chicks all ready for Easter Sunday!

Porch table centerpc...my Mr/Mrs 'farm' bunnies that I've shared before along w/wire basket of eggs & a couple new lil' chicks that I got yesterday shopping w/a friend...oh, & best of all...that 'white egg' is a lighted egg that changes from red/blue/yellow/green/purple/on & on...I got it a couple yrs ago at a specialty shop:

Here's a close-up of baby chicks...very rustic looking..I'm hooked on baby chicks for Easter!

On the end table is a very special 'scrapbooking birdhouse' that my sis did up for me for Christmas...we are both 'survivors' of sorts & it opens & has inspirational sayings...looks cool w/old corn stalk basket & Jade plant that wintered over in the basement:

Also out here is the wall shelf...these Easter block letters I got last yr at Hobby Lobby...moved 'em here, well, I've had them everywhere last night & today...but here's where they'll stay...most things are TS finds here & a couple gifts:

Here's a closer view of the blocks..love the 'vintage' look of the chicks & bunnies:

A full view of the hanging wall shelf:

and close-up of top...glasses were TS last yr ...as were the vase, frog & cup...pretty green...thinkin' Spring:

And my TJMaxx chicken/egg plate I got a few yrs ago...inspired by the 'Enablers R Us' on this form...I love it ...it's sitting on porch electric wood stove right under the hanging wall shelf:

Alot of porch pics...I'll post some dining room ones on a separate post. TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (10)

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Everything looks so beautiful Jeanne! LOVE the Easter blocks and your bunnies look like they're ready for the holiday! Your chicken and egg plate is so pretty...love the eggs you have on there too!

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Jeanne...Love ALL your cute bunnies - especially
    the farm and rustic bunnies.
    I like the chicks and cute hen with the eggs..and also
    the vintage looking Easter blocks..
    I always enjoy your porch decorations in any season/holiday..

Jane

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Jeannne, this is so cute.
    I, too, have been "under the influence" of the Enablers R. Us, LOL
    The baby chicks are calling to me, cheep, cheep! Or maybe they are calling me cheap? LOL
    I found some this year at Home Goods that look like foil covered ones, but aren't.
    Love all the fun things on the white shelf and the chicken/egg plate.
    Your vintage looking Easter blocks would sure look good with my Vintage metal signs!

Love it all.
    TFS,
    Candy

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ohhhhh, candy...I've been watching for the 'vintage' Easter sign...so far I've seen some with 'glitter' (which I don't like so much...after working crafts w/kids for many yrs! LOL) ...so I'll keep lookin' ...HLobby has lots of tin signs ...can use 40% coupon or sometimes 50% off ...TJ Maxx has had a few in ...but not quite the 'me' one yet!

Thanks, Holiday-ers, appreciate your comments! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Lovw your new baby chicks, Jeanne. They go so well with those bunnies too. The blocks are so sweet, the little pictures really give them a vintage vibe. Everything just says Sprig and Easter, glad you made time to put them all out. Luvs

• milosmom_gw
    12 years ago

So much creativity and cuteness Jeanne.
    I bow to your ambition!!
    I love the vintage direction that the little bunnies go.

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jeanne, you've been a busy lady and it all looks beautiful. You always do a wonderful job and I always enjoy lookin'. So glad I took the time to stop by tonight.

Punk

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for your comments, Holiday-ers! I added a couple of those marble eggs to the Farm bunnies ...a torquoise blue one & pale yellow into their egg basket ...looks cute!

And my 4-yr old DGr'son enjoyed the lighted Egg on the porch table tonight...he watched it change all the colors & could turn it off & on! ;-) (they're all sleeping now)...Happy Easter weekend, Holiday-ers! Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Jeanne. you do such a wonderful job decorating your porch.
    I remember the farm bunnies from last year. I've never seen chicks like those.
    The scrap booking bird house from your sister is adorable.
    Talent runs in your family. It's nice you were able to use something that has a special meaning.
    TFS
    Nana

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Jeanne, I am really,really sorry to be so late getting here. I always love seeing what you do, and the wonderful things you have to decorate with. I've never seen rustic chicks like those, so perfect for your decor too! That lighted egg sounds so neat with the colors that change! I also love the framed birdhouse picture. Mr and Mrs Bunny are such a cute couple! I remember lusting over those Easter blocks last year and wishing the Hobby Lobby I get to go to had them.

Your home is always so welcoming and I'd give anything to live next door and be able to see everything in person.
    hugs, Karen

Sponsored
More Discussions