Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Remember our discussion about flamingos?

Posted by oldalgebra (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 24, 10 at 13:50

When I was out walking this morning, I came across this not far from my house. I thought it was so cute.
Beats the heck out of T.P.-ing someone's house.

While I was taking the picture with my mobile phone, a car slowed down to check it out.
At the same time, a teenage girl came out of the house (still wearing her pajama bottoms and a t-shirt)
and (trying VERY HARD to act embarrassed) said, "Why is everyone loooooooking?"
You could tell she was so proud to have been given chosen.
Ahhhh, to be 15 again, just for a few days.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Remember our discussion about flamingos?

That is funny! But what does it mean..flocked? I can't read the sign..

o

I honestly don't know. The girl went into the house too fast for me to ask many questions. I suspect it means about the same as getting T.P.ed. It means you're being recognized as part of the In-Crowd.

This was done by our town's high school band. The girl said she had friends in the band. Then she ran back into the house.

o

There are companies that do this "Flocking". I imagine the lettering on the sign is a silly saying. She's just 15, LOL. Executives here, in mansions, have woke up to find 50 or more (depending on their age) in their yards. I think its a hoot.
Wonder if 63 flamingos would fit in my little front yard?
LOL.
Oh, the company comes and retrieves them later in the day.

hugs, Karen

o

How fun that would have been to see! Would make you LOL for sure.

Last October, my next door neighbor came outside on her birthday and found a huge banner saying "Guess who's 50 today?" and a courtyard full of balloons everywhere. She said she thought it was all fun except for the fact that her age was announced on the banner!

Luvs

o

After reading Karen's post I looked up Flamingo Flocking.
Here's one link with additional links at the end.

Turn's out it was probably some sort of high school band fundraiser.

Here is a link that might be useful: Flamingo Flocking

o

Amazing! I have never seen that here! I thought I saw flamingos in the dollar store..a lot cheaper than the sites on the net!
Did you see you could order turkeys, bunnies etc
Here they do wood signs when a new baby is born...cute ones, but expensive to rent.
I told my son if I knew he was going to have 4 kids I would have made it!

o

OA, what a great site you came upon. I love it. I made DH come over and take a look so he got a good laugh too. I have never heard of such a thing but what a great idea someone came up with. Here in MT it may happen in the cities more than where I live too.

Punk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here