Jeanne...thinking of you...

plainjane425
11 years ago

HI Jeanne...

With all the terrible storms going on in the Midwest,

I've been thinking of you and your family and hoping

you're all okay.

I don't know who else to mention, from our

'Holiday Group' that are in the same region.

.but Prayers out to ALL who are affected by the Tornadoes.

May God bring you through safely.

jane

Comments (8)

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Oh thank you, jane...I saw the news tonight & see that 2 towns were severely damaged in SW IA ...but no loss of lives, so that is the biggest blessing. We didn't get much ...but lots of wind today...just small branches falling so far. Yes, prayers for those who have lost everything & for those wonderful volunteers who are already working or on their way down. Thank you for thinking of your Iowa friends. Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    11 years ago

So glad to hear from you Jeanne and that
    all is okay with you and your family.

You're right prayers out to all those wonderful volunteers
    too.

jane

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Jane, thanks for thinking of Jeanne and all who could be involved in the storms.

Jeanne, so glad you and yours are ok. Prayers to all during this horrible time.

I worked yesterday and spent all day today in my yard in between showers. Kids were here for dinner tonight so I'm late jumping on here. I am so sore and should be in soaking in the tub.LOL

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Jeanne, I'm glad you weren't affected by these storms,
    My heart goes out to those who were in the path of this devastation.
    Nana

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Our little town...New Hartford...had a tornado & 500-yr flood just a couple weeks apart in 2008...it was horrific ...many folks couldn't rebuild...took FEMA buyout.

If I may, I would like to ask for your help...some volunteers this yr have been trying to beautify some of these empty lots ... NH had a pop of 750+ but now near 500 mark...we are trying to win a 'free orchard' and have been chosen as 1 of 100 ...

You could help us win it (nothing needed except your VOTE) on this website: www.CommunitiesTakeRoot.com

...our theme is 'HELP US HELP OTHERS.' You just need to register once with an email address & password & vote once a day for as long as you wish (they announce the first of the winners at the end of May).

Would you bookmark: www.communitiestakeroot.com & vote!
    Thank you! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jeanne...that would be wonderful if we could
    help your town win that orchard.
    I'd be glad to help...and Good Luck to your town!

jane

• kathleen_li
    11 years ago

Glad you are ok, J! The devastation was terrible!

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Thank you, Holiday-ers!

Anyone wishing to 'plant' a 'seed' for our orchard (by voting) can go to this website below (& read our short story) sponsored by Edy's Fruit Bars & Fruit Tree Planting Foundation. HELP US HELP OTHERS is our theme...

{{gwi:126953}}

I feel like I'm out of the 'Holiday' loop for a bit now ...but enjoying looking at others' posts! TFS! Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Communities Take Root

Sponsored
More Discussions