Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Butterflies Are Free

nana2010_gw
12 years ago

I've been thinking about doing a table with Butterflies since last year. I found these place mats at Big Lots last week and thought they would work with what I already had.

Since Earth Day was near I thought it was the perfect time for this table.

From 2012-04-21 (by Eye-Fi)

The tc is from a Thrift Store. The chargers and cups and saucers I got from resale stores, and the green plates are from DT.

The salad plates are from WalMart. The butterflies are from a floral supply store.

And I've had the butterfly house for years.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.

TFLookin

Nana

Comments (14)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

That is perfect for Earth Day! Tomorrow? Butterflies are always so beautiful & I love the salad plates you found! Your t'cloth is a good find for this table, too...as the woven placemats! The flatware & chargers go so good tog! Pretty cups & saucers! TFS, nana...very cool Earth Day t'scape! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Nana, wow, what a pretty butterfly 'Earth Day' table. Everything about it is lovely. The colors are so bright and cheerful. Amazing how you have so many colors that match.

Butterflies always make me smile with their beauty and yours are gorgeous. Your butterfly house is so neat too. Love those butterfly cups. Great job layering from your pm on up. Wonderful pattern edge on your chargers. Napkins are neat angled on this table.

DH's BDay is tomorrow sp we will spend the day with a BBQ for friends and family and enjoy cake and ice cream. I still need to make his homemade German Choc. cake so best get off here and get it done.

Thanks for sharing another wonderful ts.

Punk

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

I love butterflies and your table is very welcoming and warm! Perfect for Earth Day.

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Lovely table setting. I love butterflies in any shape or size! The cups are so cute! I did my part for earth day, cleaned up the street across from my house to the corner as it is side yard of lady's property & as usual they don't keep it up since they can't see it from their house so 3-4 times a year I go out & trim off her vines getting in the street & remove weeds that start in the edge of asphalt & put a little Roundup to kill the ones I can't get out completely. So did 2 evenings work & have just 12 ft of leaves to pick up yet but both of my trash cans are full & waiting for trash guys tomorrow. Hope to finish up tomorrow night! City is supposed to fine people that don't take care of that- right, I'm still waiting after 40 yrs!! Worth it to enjoy a nice view looking down the street when it's all done-reward enough! Great exercise for upper arms too!!Jan

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Nana...what a pretty table for Earth Day.
    Your butterfly cups & saucers and Walmart salad plates compliment ea other nicely.
    I like how you layered you dishes and the color combinations you chose.
    The green TC with the purple placemats and all the colorful butterflies look so striking...
    Your butterfly house fits in perfectly too!

Thanks for adding some sunshine to my very rainy day!
    jane

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

You sure come up with some great ideas, Nana. This is lovely. I like those cups/saucers and they complement the plates and make it all fun. I used to have a butterfly house, what a great idea to use your's in this tablescape. Bet you had fun collecting all the items to put this together. Thanks for sharing it with us, I too love butterflies.

Sunnyca, I too have a house across the street like that although mine not quite as much as yours. I used to go clean up the magnolia leaves in the street but couldn't do anything about the weeds. He finally hired a gardener so now it gets "mowed and blowed" and looks lots better! LOL

Luvs

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

Gee, I've been absent for a few days and look what crops up! This is so pretty. Those dishes are WONDERFUL! And you pulled together some very pretty color combinations. Nice job, nana.
    OA

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

That is delightful, Nana. I can't believe what pretty butterfly dishes you found. I don't think I've even seen any before! The tea cups are especially sweet, I have a very soft spot for pretty tea cups and have to restrain myself from yet another collection!

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone for your kind comments.
    I had so many ideas flitting around in my mind for this table That I was getting dizzy [dizzier lol].
    Then I remembered I had this tc and it started to come together.
    sunnyca, It is so good of you to clean up your neighbor's property.
    OA, I saw your Earth Day table on Kathleen's 'let's dish'
    and on your blog. I love it.
    For some reason I can't leave a comment on your blog.

Thank you all again
    Nana
    PS Is anyone doing a Cinco De Mayo table?

• neesie
    12 years ago

Your table come together wonderfully! I wonder if they still have the salad plates at WM? I'd love some - I'm a sucker for butterflies! I got some similar to the floral supply ones you have - from Pier One last year after Christmas. They had clips on them and were considered ornaments. I used a green jeweled butterfly ornament clipped to a fuzzy hat in the St. Patrick's Day parade this year! Thanks for sharing!

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

I"m thinking about doing a Cinco de Mayo table. Nana, where do you live?

Do you gals who live in the East celebrate Cinco de Mayo?

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Neesie, My butterflies have clips on them too, but they were sold for the summer season.
    I got them and the salad plates last Spring.

OA, I live in PA. I think more people have been celebrating Cinco de Mayo here in the East in the past few years.

Nana

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Nana, thought I had posted on this but guess I didn't. Things have been too hetcic here lately. I love your butterflies.and your table came together so nicely. Love the butterfly house. I had one in my yard up on the mountain, but I didn't move it down here. Just too much to do and too little energy to do it I reckon. You always have such great ideas. We have quite a large population of Mexican/Latin Am farm workers here in the mountains, but I have never celebrated Cinco de Mayo and really don't know of anyone locally who does. May have to think about starting though--love the colorful dishes that are used. TFS Janet

• kathleen_li
    11 years ago

What a pretty butterfly table, I love those plates, Nana!
    I love the colors you used, so festive!

We don't celebrate Cinco here, just a few bars will do something to draw a crowd. But it falls on Derby Day this year, so people will have Derby Day parties.

That being said, I did a Cinco Table for the blog. We celebrate everything there! :)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions