Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maximavswife

Candlewick & Paisley

maximavswife
12 years ago

I finally did a tablescape using my beloved Candlewick dinner dishes! I am in love with the purple paisley tablecloth & napkins I found on sale at Burlington Coat Factory!

Kath

Here is a link that might be useful: Candlewick & Paisley Tablescape

Comments (10)

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Whoa...now that's a showstopper of a table setting! VERY dramatic looking. LOVE the tablecloth and napkins..what a steal too. Your Candlewick dishes are absolutely beautiful...no wonder they are you prized possession. The whole table is just lovely!

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Kath, Your table is beautiful and timeless.

Your beloved Candlewick and Paisley tablecloth were meant for each other.
    The black place mats and purple chargers are the perfect accents.
    I remember how happy you were to find so many pieces at the estate sale, to go with those from your grandmother.
    It's so nice to have such precious things and be able to share them here.

I'm glad you will be using your treasures and making your own memories with them.
    Thank you for sharing this beautiful and special table with us.
    Nana

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Kathe..
    Your new tablecloth and napkins are not only
    VERY lovely, but were such a great buy.
    They create a colorful backdrop for your candlewick pieces and vintage flatware.
    I think the black placemats and purple chargers set them off perfectly too.
    I remember that estate sale you went to and was amazed
    over all the wonderful pieces you found for such great prices.
    You did such a beautiful job showcasing it all..
    It was fun looking and seeing how you 'played' with
    everything...lol
    Thanks..
    jane

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

OK. I think this is the BEST tablescape I've seen on your blog. No kidding. It's just so striking. Clear plates need to be surround with pizazz. You've certainly done that. I love that tablecloth. And those candles! Where did you ever find such vivid ones?

• maximavswife
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone.
    OA, I think it's one of my favorites too :) I mixed up some craft paint and painted white candlesticks! LOL! I couldn't find what I wanted so I improvised!
    Kath

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

I like what nana said, Kath, Your table is beautiful and timeless.

Your Candlewick is so lovely ...& the priceless part is that your collection started as a heirloom. I love each place setting...how you separated the salad plate & bowl with the white plate over the dinnerplate! And then picked up that creamy white in the napkin duo! so lovely!

Of course, the paisley is the showstopper (as jane said)! ...wow great find! Love the black w/it & also the pop of colors in your centerpc! beautiful & timeless...as is the flatware you've chosen for this t'scape. TFS, maxi! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

The others have said it all I think. How wonderful that you found that lovely tablecloth at such a great price. You set off your lovely dishes just perfectly. Luvs

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Ditto to what everybody else said.

Gorgeous and great memories to go with it.
    Clever job on the candles!!

Lovely job Kathe.

TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Kathe, wonderful choices for this table. I too love your Candlewick dishes and your new paisley linens. I like how you folded down the front of your napkins.

The goblets look great on your table. The cp is sooooo pretty, it caught my eye! What a neat shape your pretty purple charges are. They really help show off your Dishes.

So fun to hear about all your great buys. I had a customer in from Portland today and she said the GW stores over there are fantastic. That's where DGD lives so I'm going to try to remember this if we head over to see him this summer.

I am going to try to take pictures of my table setting tonight and will share pictures. DD just bought me some more dishes this week. She loves to shop and I hope she loves dishes in years to come. I haven't used all the ones from before.LOL

Punk

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

There's not anything I can add to what's been said...except 'ditto'!
    Timeless, Elegant, Stunning, and MORE! (and of course purple, LOL)

I really can't get over how truly gorgeous the candlewick, and the whole setting, is. WOW.

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
More Discussions