Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_li

April Showers Table

kathleen_li
13 years ago

No signs of Spring here, in the 30's and raining. In hopes of coaxing some nice weather to NY, I did a Springy table.

Hope it works! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: April Showers Table

Comments (9)

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Kathleen, Such a pretty table, Makes me feel like Spring is busting out all over. Doesn't seem like it here in PA. tho. It's been snowing here all day. It isn't sticking to the roads so that's a good thing.
    NanaK

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Well, I hope your "April showers" will bring you May flowers! I love those square rattan chargers...I've seen them before, too many $$$! (you got a steal!)

Your vintage t'cloth is like a "watercolor" painting so I am happy to see all the colors you pulled from it...the green & aqua plates tog look good & the purple soup bowl really looks great on the plates! Love the napkins & esp the bead holders...another steal $$$wise! Glassware - beautiful!

Fresh flowers - lovely & cute little S&P bunnies! Ok, your table SHOUTS SPRING! Come on, Spring! We need it here, too...below temps...but some sunshine, so that helps! TFS! Jeanne S.

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Kathleen, beautiful table. I love all the colors together.
    Sure wish we CTS here, but I guess I will have to make do with thrift stores for now. The flatware is such a pretty shade of green, and the layering is wonderful as usual.

It was low 70's here today, supposed to be 78 tomorrow and snow Sunday night/Monday.
    Talk about schizophrenic weather!!

TFS,
    Candy

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Kathleen...I agree with Jeanne...your tc looks just like a watercolor painting and very 'Springy'. Love the color combination of your dishes and accessories, and those rattan chargers were an amazing buy.
    We've been getting a mixture of rain and snow here. So seeing your table brings feelings of hope.

I was at CTS yesterday on my way back from NY and bought a set of the flatware in the yellow besides the green. They also had dark blue, but I have a set in a different pattern. There were lots items on clearance...but I didn't have too much time to take advantage - had DH with me = (

jane

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Left a message on your blog--love this tablecloth and the way you pulled all the colors from it with your dishes. You really do find some great bargains--amazing discount on those chargers. You don't need a light box, your pictures of your food already have me drooling, if they were any better I'd have to buy a new laptop! LOL

Luvs

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Luvs, your messages on my blog are not showing up. I wonder why? And thanks!

Jane, I was in CTS yesterday, they didn't have that flatware! I am jealous. Not so much clearance, but I found enough! I had a 20% off the whole order, so that was fun!
    Today is sunny and promises to get to 50! Woohoo! Hope you get it too!

Candy, you have other stores there I would love. I think it is God's way of preventing us from going broke. He gives some of us one, and the others another! LOL

Jeanne, thanks, you know my motto, anyone can pay full price! Half of the fun is in the thrill of the hunt. Our thrift stores are not what I have seen others post.
    I saw chargers and things in a thrift store yesterday that were the same price as buying new, and it was used!

Nana, I hope your weather improves too. We need a dose of Spring!

Thank you all for such kind comments!

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

That is so weird that I have such a problem posting on your blog. I just went over there now and did it again, I clicked preview and then had to click post two times but it looks like it took this time. Thanks for letting me know, I'll stick around and make sure it takes next time!

Glad your weather is warming up a bit. We went from needing a jacket one day to in the 80's the next! Supposed to be nice today and I'm glad, need to do some outside painting and yard work.

Luvs

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Kathleen, another pretty table. Love all the colors of dishes you used on this one. Your chargers were a steal and look great. I'm still in shock over all your great buys you got in your other post.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Nothing I can add that hasn't been said! That tablecloth is just fantastic and I really love it. Along with those super cute purple,, handled soup/mini casserole dishes.

And as usual, you've got me needing a bib.
    hugs anyway, Karen
    ;o)

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm
More Discussions