Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Carousel Horse Cookie Jar

nana2010_gw
11 years ago

My friend showed me her Carousel Horse Cookie Jar and asked if I would like use it on a table. Of course I said yes.
I was looking forward to doing a cheerful table.
This is what I came up with.
From 2013-04-18 (by Eye-Fi)

I got the little elephants at a TS for $1.00, as you can see the darker one needed some TLC. The balloons are from a variety store. I'm happy
that I had everything else. From 2013-04-18 (by Eye-Fi)

I used a gift bag for the larger place mats I really like the colors. The green place mats, napkins and pink salad plates are from CTS.The cute napkin rings were on sale at Pier One. Flat ware and glasses were TS purchases, the green depression ware custard cups I've had for a long time. From 2013-04-18 (by Eye-Fi)

National Carousel Day is July 25. Maybe this table will make another appearance then. TFLookin
Nana

This post was edited by nana2010 on Sun, Apr 21, 13 at 19:24

Comments (12)

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Your photos are not showing up for me, nana ... just red 'X's & then when I click on them, it says they cannot be found...are they big files or something? I can see 6 X's. :-( Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

Same here....no way can I get them to show up.
    :o(

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

no they were regular size something happened when i edited my post
    Trying again:

Hope you can see them now
    Nana

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Nana...glad I kept scrolling down to see your pics.
    You certainly did create a cheerful table.
    The Carousel Cookie Jar makes a perfect CP and really sets the stage for this fun table. I never would have thought to use gift bags for place mats...such a clever idea and they look great and pick up all the colors you used. Now with those $1 elephants and balloons ... I'd be waiting for the 'Greatest Show On Earth' to begin!!
    Glad I got to see this...and Yes...it would be fun to see again in July!
    jane

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Jane, I'm glad you kept scrolling too.
    I contacted GW and they couldn't help, they suggested I re edit and post the pictures again that way. After losing them once I was afraid to try editing again.
    My friend Janice has the neatest things and I'm so glad she let's me use them.
    It's funny when I started this table I wasn't sure how it would look. then It seemed to tell me what to do..no I wasn't drinking LOL
    Nana

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Nana...I've had that problem with Photobucket...espec
    after editing - it can be so frustrating..
    Sounds like your friend is a great source to 'shop her home' !!
    Whether you were drinking or not (lol)...I can see you had fun .
    Janice's Carousel Horse - was a great starting point to work around and the fact that you had those cute elephants (which not everyone has)..and the colorful
    dishes and accessories created a real festive theme.
    jane

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Oh now...isn't that carousel horse jar the cutest thing!!! Yup, the center of attention for this t'scape, nana! Those gift bag placemats are delightful!!! Great idea!

All of this is just whimsical & fun! Cute!!! TFS, nana...glad the pics worked the 2nd time around ... & around & around, uh, just like the carousel! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Nana, this is a bright, beautiful table. Love the carousel horse and everything you added to go with. The elephants are sweet. Vaseline dishes and those pink polka dot plates may me go awe!!!

Keep up the good work, Nana.

Punk

• Fun2BHere
    11 years ago

What a fun table. I love the use of bright colors and the gift bag idea is one to steal. Thank you.

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

What a wonderful table! So cheerful and bright. Tho must admit, I am seriously envious of that carousel horse cookie jar!! I have a life-size C. horse in my livingroom, and a small collection of special figurines of them (all PJ's models of real carousel horses made long ago).
    I'm so glad I got to see the photos!

That blasted 'new' Photobucket just really stinks. I totally HATE what they've done to the site!!!!!!
    And I've read Pinterest is going to get 'improved'. Its fine now, I love it. I can't see why these people have to change things, and especially if no one wants it.
    Off my soapbox.

hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

How cute is that carousel horse cookie jar!! What a wonderful thing for your neighbor to give you. And your table is very cheery...perfectly matches your centerpiece! Great save!

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks so much everyone.
    Jane, I'm glad you kept scrolling down too. I was afraid people would stop looking when they saw the first part of the post.
    I know people are having trouble with photo bucket.
    I think the problem I had is with GW, because I use Eye-Fi.
    Thanks, Jeanne, can you hear the Calliope?
    Punk, I forgot the little green dishes were Vaseline glass.
    Fun, thank you.
    Karen, I remember seeing your Carousel Horses. I'm glad you got to see the pics too. You can get on your soap box any time you need to vent.
    Marlene, I'm so glad you are back and doing well.
    Nana