Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT again.....whining update.

Posted by marlene_2008 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 8, 12 at 11:07

Good morning all! Happy Easter to each of you!

I just had to update you on my aches and pains. While I am wearing the brace on my left hand, I have been able to manage pretty well with it. But, I have to tell you that the pain in my ankles and knees is GONE!! Holy Moly....I haven't felt this good in I can't remember when! Thanks be to God! I have no idea how long it will last, but I am SOOO grateful for the past few days of no pain. Being able to walk without limping and without feeling like there is a knife in my ankle is the most wonderful feeling in the world right now. This predisone pack that the podiatrist gave me is WONDERFUL! I can see my ankle bones for the first time in weeks!

Just wanted to thank you all for your understanding and for letting me whine on the forum. You girls are the best!

Happy Easter to all of you!
~Marlene

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT again.....whining update.

Aww! That is so wonderful Marlene. Pain can sure rob us of the pleasure and joy of doing things we want or need to do for sure. Just keep reminding yourself to appreciate this blessed reprieve while you have it, and we will all pray for continued healing and relief for you.

Luvs

o

Wonderful!!! news Marlene.
Having crushed a foot in an accident once and being genetically cursed with 2 rotten knees, I understand the overwhelming appreciation for being able to get around comfortably all to well.
Enjoy the pain free freedom you've found, but don't over exert!! , it might come back to haunt you. ((Yes, this would be the pot calling the kettle , but I'm not one to follow my own advice from time to time so call it voice of experience here...lol))

o

Marlene, so glad to hear your gout is doing better. My DH suffers from RA and gout so I know what your going through. When will you know if you need a cast in place of the brace on your hand. Sure hope that isn't necessary and it heals w/o.

When do you think your kitchen remodel might be done? Will be great to have you back posting pictures of your tables and decor when your done.

Whinning is allowed here and everyone cares so let us know when need be. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Always good to hear from you.

Punk

o

WoooooHoooo, Prednisone and Prayers worked. ;o) Its so wonderful you feel good and being able to get around without awful pain. Now that is a Happy Easter for sure!

hugs, Karen

o

Great news, Marlene! Take good care & enjoy the benefits of the Prednisone right now!...a wonder drug for so many! Jeanne S.

o

Marlene, I just realized I didn't comment on your last post.
I am so happy you are getting with the Prednisone.
I hope your hand continues to improve too.
Nana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here