Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

A few Easter pictures

nana2010_gw
12 years ago

My cherubs moved ou of the curio so the Bunnies could visit.

I only got two shots without the glare of the flash

From 2012-04-02 (by Eye-Fi)

I really need to learn how to crop pictures.

Since it is the Easter Season I thought this would be a good time to show my glass baskets.

My DH gave this Curio for Christmas in 1996. He picked it out himself.

I think he had good taste.

TFLookin

Nana

Comments (14)

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Nana, wow, you have so many darling bunnies. I could look forever at your collections. Love it that you have so many different colors.

Your glass basket collection is amazing too. You even have a blue one! Love how you displayed them with all your pretty dishes. I'll be back to drool more.

DH had great taste picking out your Curio cabinet. All of your cabinets are wonderful. What a nice way to display your collections. You ladies really know how to 'Enable'. Happy Easter to you and everyone here. Are you having Easter at your home?

Punk

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Nana...what a beautiful display!
    You have quite a lovely bunny and glass basket colection.
    The cabinets show off all your pretty things perfectly.
    It's nice with glass cabinets to not only see everything but have them protected too.
    The blue baskets just pop out among all your pretty dishes and things.
    Yes, your DH has great taste and did a wonderful job picking it out by himself.
    Happy Easter to your and your Family.
    jane

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Nana, your cabinets look great. That was really sweet of your DH to buy that lovely cabinet for you. It seems just perfect for displaying all your pretty baskets and all.

I love bunnies, and would love a close up each shelf. The ones on the top shelf look wonderful, and the pastel solid color ones on the 2nd shelf remind me of Jeanne's pastel kids she collects.

Luvs

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Nana, the bunny curio is just too cute!
    You are right, your DH has great taste and the curio with the glass baskets is wonderful. I have a couple of small glass baskets, but you have a fabulous collection.

I love how you have separated the bunnies by differing styles on each shelf. I also would like to see close ups of the individual shelves.

I have problems with glare at times too. Sometimes if I just change the angle of my shot it helps, but not always.

Have a Happy Easter,
    Candy

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

You probably already know this but, your DH is a keeper! It is the perfect piece to showcase all of your wonderful collections. Thanks for sharing!
    Kath

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

WOW, Nana! On EVERY thing. That curio your DH got you is really lovely. I bet it holds a lot of memories as well as your wonderful basket collection! You have so many pretty baskets and must be very proud of this collection.

You know I love all the bunnies! A couple especially really grabbed my attention! ;o)

I think you did a good job of photographing things IN curios. That is such a challenge, I really have a hard time with it.

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh nana...what a beautiful memory sharing your curio cabinet w/us all! Your DH certainly chose a beautiful pc for you that many yrs ago! I am sure you smile w/good memories as you change it out more often now due to the Enablers on this forum!

Those Cherubs were so considerate to make room for your cute bunnies! Love it! Of course, I am a bit partial to those of the pastel solid colors...like luvs said about my boy & girl vases. Those are adorable but I enjoy all the others there, too! (lots of work changing out curio cabinets!) ;-)

Your basket collection is gorgeous ...the colors & also the plates you have standing up...very beautiful curio! TFS! Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you everyone. I never thought of changing out my small curio seasonally until I found Holidays. It is a good idea and I have fun doing it.
    I won't change the things in the larger curio. I would feel terrible if I broke one of the baskets.
    A few of them came from my DGM and then my Mom started collecting them for my sister and me.
    My DH was a keeper. I miss him terribly.

Luvs and Candy asked to see closeups of the shelves with the bunnies.
    Here's trying.

From 2012-04-08 (by Eye-Fi)

Some of the shots aren't as sharp as I would have liked, but I hope they are all right.

Thanks again.
    Nana

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

They are great close-up pics, nana! TFS those! Now I really am envying those 'pastels' on 2nd shelf! LOL! But now I can see how CUTE ALL your bunnies are! Hugs to you, nana. Jeanne s.

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

That was so sweet of you to give us close up shots, Nana. I really love the two big bunnies on the top shelf but you have so many neat ones it would be hard to pick a favorite. You even have some little tiny cute bunnies! Glad you enjoy changing out your cabinet for the seasons--we enjoy it too!

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Oh my, the trio of pastel bunnies is just adorable. Be still my heart. And the brown bunny eating a lettuce leaf (?) in the 4th photo has the cutest expression! I'm crazy about the realistic brown ones as you probably know.

I'm so glad you change out the cabinet and enjoy all the 'new' decor you put it in. I just started doing that with my matching curios by the bay window, thanks to certain Enablers here!!

hugs, Karen who's still packing up Easter

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks again everybody.
    I started packing up my Easter decs. too,
    I can't believe how my bunnies have multiplied!
    I counted 57. Besides the curio, I had them in different places throughout the house, so I didn't realize I had that many.
    Does anyone know where I can get help for this collection addiction?
    Nana

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Sorry I am the cow's tail posting tonight on this, just can't seem to get the time to post anymore. I really love all your bunnies and the glass baskets.I didn't have any bunnies before finding this group, and I have bought a few, but they are all just the small "Easter Bunny " kind. I have 2 baskets, one crystal and a yellow ceramic one that I filled with crocheted eggs for Easter. I don't know where you could find help for your "problem", but I do believe that it is contagious, we all seem to be aff;icted. Thanks for Sharing all your pretties. Janet

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

Love your bunny collection! They do multiply! :)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz
More Discussions