Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alex9179_gw

My Nell Hill's inspired arrangement

alex9179
14 years ago

Hi :)

I read a post a few days ago imploring the forum to not forget to check in or post pics and thought I would contribute a little something. I am also thinking of doing something for the Earth Day Tablescape thread, but haven't come up with a good idea yet!

I was checking out the blog Mary Carol Garrity is doing now and saw this idea. It was super easy since I used faux ferns I already had and cut some boxwood and rosemary from my yard. The rosemary makes it smell so good! I highly recommend giving it a try :)

I've fiddled with the sticks a few times, they were a little splayed out and I tightened them up later. I may add a few little ones today and see how I like that.

{{gwi:1418880}}

Here is a link that might be useful: The inspiration

Comments (11)

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Alex, your arrangement turned out wonderful. I also enjoyed looking at your inspiration picture. I like your sweeping faux ferns and boxwood in this arrangement and crystal should be my first name. Very well done.

Thanks so much for sharing these and hope to see an Earth Day table or vignette soon.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Hi Alex, nice to have you posting with us.

Your arrangement turned out great. Your faux fern sure looks fuller and nicer than any I have! Love the addition of the twigs and other greenery and you sure can't go wrong with the combination of silver and crystal.

Love Nell Hill's--was lucky enough to get to visit the one in Atchison, Ks. a few years back. I was just awed at all the items and arrangements in her stores! A good friend sent me one of her books, and I enjoy just sitting and browsing through it again and again. I didn't know there was a blog, so I'll check that out. Thanks for sharing the link.

So glad you are planning to join in the Earth Day decorating too.

Luvs

• milosmom_gw
    14 years ago

Hi Alex :).
    Your arrangement turned out beautiful! and the crystal accent pieces set it off "just right" I think.
    Greenery is one of my very favorite things (think cannas , hostas,yuccas and tropical greens) and I'd looove to be able to put something like that together but I'm betting the resident kitty would take care of it in pretty short order.LOL

• luckygal
    14 years ago

That's a lovely arrangement/vignette, Alex - I love using silver trays as a base! Very inspiring. Thanks for the blog link - I'll be perusing that when I have more time.

• alex9179
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks!

You all are so good at making someone feel special :) It's so nice to share these things!

• christmascandy
    14 years ago

Great arrangement. I really like the twigs with the greenery.
    However, the bad thing about these forums is I am finding that there are way cool stores out there that don't exist in my neck of the woods, :(
    You are teasing me with Christmas Tree Shoppes and now Nell Hill, LOL
    TTFN,
    Candy

• alex9179
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Candy, I moved far away from the Kansas City area a few years ago (still sad about that) so I haven't been to her stores in a long time. Her website does not give you any idea of the store experience. It is chock full of gorgeous items and a lot of extremely well-priced ones at that. You range from a dollar or two to thousands. It's so much FUN!
    For anyone who enjoys this forum, it is a must do if you visit the area :)

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

alex...nice to meet ya! I've never heard of Nell Hill either...so I can get to KC some day ...so will keep this in mind...sounds like a wonderful place! Your arrangement is very pretty...I love ferns...but love even more how you've added everything on the tray below! TFS! Jeanne s.

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Beautiful arrangement! Especially grouping all the crystal together on the silver tray to set it off. I love your idea!
    Glad to have you posting!
    hugs, Karen

• jaybird
    14 years ago

ahhhh Nell Hill is my hero..., so now you are my second hero!! I saw that arrangement, I have sticks, now what :^). I may get around to trying something in a week or two. I have to play catchup this week, as we were gone last week... Yikes!
    Thanks for posting!

• plainjane425
    14 years ago

welcome Alex it's nice to see you here.
    Sorry I'm late on this post.
    You did such a wonderful job on your arrangement.
    I just love the look with the twigs, greenery, crystal and silver combinations. It's very elegant.
    Last year, several of us here bought her book to work from. 'Entertaining In Style'. We had some fun with that.
    She has so many inspiring ideas.
    TFS yours...

jane

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus
More Discussions