Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
creekbum

Yellow Bunny

Creekbum
9 years ago

This yellow crochet, was my grandmothers. She had a big yellow pitcher and bowl and I got them. Also, found the yellow crochet. The Bunny is 2 parts, kind of like a candy or cookie jar, but made out of light weight material. The white eggs with yellow ribbon and yellow egg came from a consignment shop. All came from the same place. They had them in the window and I just happened to see them, they always hate to see me coming, b/c I always want what is in the window and they have to crawl in to get them. But, I told them, They put the cutest stuff in the window and that's what I want. I also got a yellow runner for my coffee table and yellow Easter grass there. I was so surprise to find so much yellow. You know you can never find what you are looking for when you want it, so I lucked up that day. I went thrifting all day. That's all the Easter I found all day. The first stop, closet to home. LOL

Comments (8)

• marylee_2010
    9 years ago

Gosh! You really lucked out. I like your yellow. I think the yellow egg is my favorite. I was ridding out some of my "things" and gave all my Easter decorations to my daughter. She decorates for each holiday. When I see the displays here, I wish I had mine back. Guess I will have to visit my daughter to enjoy them. Thank you for sharing. Marylee

• phonegirl
    9 years ago

Creek, sweet vignette with your bunny jar, eggs and doiley.
    So fun to go out and find goodies at the right price.

Marylee, maybe I'm lucky DD doesn't decorate for all of
    the Holidays. I keep thinking I'd love to share but have
    to wait till DGD grows up. Hopefully she'll want ours.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    9 years ago

Goodness Creek, nice score finding stuff you wanted at the first...and closest....place!

I'm liking the yellow a lot for Easter myself, which is surprising. Took me years to come around to liking pink, and now I've progressed to yellow it seems. LOL.
    Till I came to this Forum, I avoided pastels. But you can't do that and decorate for Easter, and these gals had me out shopping for Easter stuff my first year here.
    :o)

Punk, I know your your little DGD is going to want your things, she is a chip off your decorating block! One of my grown granddaughters (now 25) said she will want mine someday when she has her own home to decorate.
    I was going to get rid a lot of my Easter stuff this year, but luckily I talked to her first. So its still packed, and safe from Goodwill donation bin. And who knows, maybe NEXT year I'll get back into the swing of things.

hugs, Karen

• Creekbum
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Karen,

So Glad to hear encouraging news from you about decorating! I miss your Beautiful Post!

Good to hear too that your DGD is interested in your decorations, so glad you are not going to donate them. That they will stay in the family!

Creek

• jeannespines
    9 years ago

Cute finds, creek ... I am lovin' 'yellow' ... & I esp like those kind of eggs ... I have a few. Jeanne S.

• christmascandy
    9 years ago

Sooo cute!!
    Love the cheery yellow.

TFS,
    Candy

• Marlene Kindred
    9 years ago

Yellow is such a happy color to me. Love the fat bunny...he looks so happy! The crocheted doilie is really pretty too...glad you found it.

• Creekbum
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Candy, Good To see you! Do you have a Face Book Account! Send me a friend request. Aike McAlpin.

Yellow is my favorite color b/c it is so HAPPY!

Marlene,
    The crocheted Dollie was my GrandMama's. I love it! I like the fat bunny too! LOL

Thanks Creek