Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Happy Easter

nana2010_gw
12 years ago

May all of my friends and their families here on the Holidays forum have A Happy and Blessed Easter.

I feel so fortunate to have found this wonderful group of caring people.

NanaKaren

Comments (11)

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Nana, thank you for starting this post and I feel the same. A Happy and Blessed Easter to all of you. I have to work today and we have a retirement party tonight.

I'm cooking Easter dinner so don't know that I will have time to jump on here tomorrow so I'm sending wishes today to all of you! So thankful I made dinner rolls and pie crust last weekend and froze them.

So what's everyone having for Easter dinner? Any new recipes that you want to share? Kathleen, I didn't get any babka made but still hope to try this one day.

Punk

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

Happy Easter everyone.

Here in NY the rain is torrential and it is chilly. Not very Springy at all.

I usually have Easter, but this year I didn't feel up to it.

So my dil's sis will host, 15 adults, 10 kids.
    I am making a lot of the food, and I filled the eggs for the hunt and made goody bags.

Still much easier than having it and doing all the clean up, esp since it looks like it will be raining again!

Punk, Babka tastes good no matter the season!

I wish all of you a very joyous Easter, many blessings.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

I thank you too Nana for starting this post.

Wishing ALL Our Holiday Friends - A VERY Happy Easter!

We did an early Easter Dinner with DD & the DGKs on Thurs. We don't get to see the kids on the Holidays. I made all the usual - Hot Cross Buns...Little Easter Bunny Breads & Colored Eggs for Breakfast. Ham/Turkey & all the 'Fixings' for Lunch - and lots of desserts!
    Yesterday we took them in town to the Good Friday Faith Walk, a re-enactment of the Crucifixion. Good thing our weather held up to do an Easter Egg Hunt when we got home. Then their father picked them up after lunch.

Today our weather here is like Kathleen's rainy & chilly.
    Hope you all are enjoying some sun and 'Springy' temps.
    jane

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Happy Easter everybody!
    It is snowing big flakes as I am writing this. We are going to have a white Easter. I know one is not supposed to wear white until Easter, but this is ridiculous!!
    White Christmas: Yes, White Easter: No Thanks!

All my family will be going to my DB & DSIL's for Easter and we usually spend the day outdoors as his place is a kid's dream: treehouse, zip line, archery range, atv, teepee, canoe, paddleboat and it doesn't look like we will be able to do any of it, :(

Anyway, I hope everybody has a wonderful and blessed day, whatever your weather.

Candy

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

White Easter? LOL Candy, that sounds 'different'.
    We are going to Jason's for Easter dinner as usual. Will be a nice family day, tho smaller this year.

I hope everyone has a nice Easter, and those with bad weather get some sunshine.
    hugs, Karen

{{gwi:1418810}}

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Happy Easter everyone! Marylee

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

I too, want to wish everybody a happy and blessed Easter. We have had a beautiful day today and tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer. Wish I could share it with all who are having rain and snow. Hugs ti all, Janet

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

I've enjoyed becoming part of this forum too...I hope each of you will have a wonderful Easter!

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Easter blessings to you all, Holiday-ers! Celebration of life!
    Hoping for sunshine tomorrow...chase away the cold, wind & rain! Just home from 3-day camping at DD's farm...good to see the g'kids again! Jeanne S.

"Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living." (Amanda Bradley)

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

We will be having Easter lunch, DS has to catch a plane at 3 so he will be where he needs to be for work on Monday. We are having ham, scalloped potatoes,veggie,salad,hot rolls and angel food cake with strawberry topping. All easy for me to do. ;o) Since the Easter Bunny leaves a basket at DGD's front door at home, I wrapped 13 little gifts and had DH hide them all over the living room so DGD can have a scavenger hunt and fill a basket when she gets over here. Thought finding and opening them would keep her entertained for awhile.

I feel truly blessed to have this forum and all you wonderful gals to chat with and share with. Easter blessings to each of you.

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Luvs, that scavenger hunt for your little DGD sounds like a wonderful idea. She will have such fun!

Candy, I just realized me LOLing at White Easter came out wrong. I am truly sorry it will ruin all the outdoor fun at your brother's. I was laughing at the WORDS "White Easter". I really feel bad about that now.

Hugs, Karen

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz
More Discussions