Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

Bunny 'Make Overs'

Purplemoon
12 years ago

Here we go again...another blog, another neat idea.

Tho I think I might not forgive the gal for this one!!!

LOL.

I pass up bunnies at GW as sometimes the colors or stuff painted on them just don't quite appeal to me.

So this lady easily solves that problem and ends up with some lovely bunnies for all year, not just Easter.

Now why didn't I think of this! Oh wait, I know, cause I'd probably have TWICE as many bunnies as I do now.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Bunny Make-Over

Comments (10)

• ladypat1
    12 years ago

(slapping my forehead) DUH.... why didn't I think of that? Do you know how many garrish, scary looking bunnies I have passed up? Ok, I'll race you, Karen! Thanks for sharing (I think). LOL

Pat

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Karen, she did such a good job with those bunnies, Some people have a gift for making things better. You find the best blogs. How do you find them?... Hmm...Maybe it's best if I don't know!!
    NanaK

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Karen, she's my kind of gal!
    I love how she gave them 'make overs'.
    I have a large rooster that's a grayish green and I want to change it to all white. I'm happy you showed this because now I see exactly what I need to do it.
    Keep em coming!
    jane

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Karen, I love this link! I echo all the comments above. I also like the crackle eggs. I had never thought of that either. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

What a make-over! I even liked the blue primer! LOL!
    Those crackled eggs are pretty cool, too. TFS, PM! Jeanne S.
    "No, no, no...I will not bring home those bunnies that I don't like!" >"No, no, no...I will not bring home those bunnies that I don't like!" >"No, no, no...I will not bring home those bunnies that I don't like!"

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

I'm with the rest of you....I'm always wondering if I could paint them, but never really tried....next time I'll bring that scary rabbit home with me and give him a facelift!

If only it were that easy for me! LOL.

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

oh boy, we're all in trouble now. LOL.

Nana, I have a couple of favorite blogs I check that do "blog parties". On Tuesdays (but the night before they are posted) A Stroll Thru Life has table top vignettes. A 100 gals participated this time, and that's about normal. I've attached the link for Marty's
    latest one if you want to see what I'm talking about.

Between Naps on the Porch does Metamorphosis Monday...there were 353 this last time... and then on Thursdays she does Tablescapes-Settings. After you scroll way down thru all her own personal
    photos, you come to the blog party thumbnails and you can see which ones might interest you to
    open.
    Anyway, its from these blog parties and the little pictures I find so many neat blogs and ideas to share with you guys. I don't post on blogs, but sure enjoy some of them. A LOT.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: A Stroll Thru Life

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

I have tried spray painting a ceramic piece before--a cupid--and wasn't real happy with the result. Now I know that it would have been better if I had used primer on it first! I'll have to remember that the next time I want to do one. TFS.

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Another tip I read about some time ago, for glossy ceramics, is to spray Krylon MATTE sealer over them first.
    Paint adheres to it.

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Thanks Karen. I have checked out those blogs you suggested. Kathleen @ OA mention Tablescape Thursdays in their posts
    Other Posters on there mention Table top Tuesdays. I haven't checked out Metamorphosis Monday yet. I haven't wandered off those two so far.
    Thanks again, NanaK

Sponsored
Pierre Jean-Baptiste Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars76 Reviews
Award-Winning Interior Designer in Loudoun County | 12x Best of Houzz
More Discussions